• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Opioids 3-acetyl-6-propionylmorphine, the first chemical synthesised to bypass drug laws?

mdx92129

Bluelighter
I am currently reading the seminal biography 'Cocaine' by Dominic Streatfeild, where he mentions that a Swiss pharmaceutical company produced the morphine analogue acetylpropionylmorphine, occasionally referred to as 3-acetyl-6-propionylmorphine, which was able to circumvent draconian anti-drug laws as it was not then illegal, and could be easily converted to morphine by those wanting to evade convictions for morphine possession. This was in 1928, almost a century ago. A pre-War on Drugs chemical polemic against menopausal government legislation, as they say.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Yup along with Dibenzoylmorphine as well.. And some hydromorphone analog too if I remember right. Didn’t take em long to catch on and put a stop to it.

This one you mention I’d assume would be probably better than heroin.

-GC

mdx92129

Bluelighter
In the UK in the mid 1870's, quite a few morphine ester substitutions were synthesised. I think you're right about hydromorphone, it was first synthesised in 1924 (?), and from there the various di, tri, tetra esters got synthesised. I've not seen any reports with regards to its ingestion, so perhaps its psychoactivity may remain a mystery.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
I know an old member here used to enjoy using homemade propionic ester, and claimed it better than heroin. I can only assume this one would sit right in the middle, having both acetyl and propionyl.

My experience with the benzoyl ester was very close/nearly identical to heroin but less rush and longer duration. If I was still an opiate user I’d probably enjoy it over heroin since heroins duration was a tad too short for my likes.

-GC

mdx92129

Bluelighter
Gosh, a homemade propionic ester, what a treat. My claim to fame is smoking 10mg of pharmaceutical diamorphine hydrochloride. The dose was rather small, barely surpassing threshold effects. Opioids have never seemed to cut it for me, and not being able to defecate for about a day after ingestion makes me somewhat uneasy.
Was this benzylmorphine you ingested?

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Yea the mono ester, 6-benzoylmorphine. Tried it a lot of different ways, basically took away all my pain at the time and helped me function until I was better. Also tried 6-benzoyldihydromorphine which was good but the comedown somewhat tougher, more of a stimulating opiate like oxy that lasted a bit longer too. I still preferred the former since it helped better with bodily pain, but if I was a user still I’d take the latter cuz it was more euphoric.

Gotta say pharmaceutical heroin is definitely one many can’t say they’ve done no matter the dosage!

I unfortunately have tried more than a few and used to love them but not anymore. I still take buprenorphine though. There was a time I had insane amounts of Oxycodone, morphine, and very pure heroin but those days are long gone, and probably good too.

If your curious to read more about opiate analogs it was LimpetChicken or some name like that (tried looking it up but wasn’t coming up..). He’s tried some exotic ones.

-GC

mdx92129

Bluelighter
Here is a photo of the box.
6-benzoyldihydromorphine, interesting. Couldn't even find that on Google Scholar. I've tried relatively few; morphine, diamorphine, oxycodone, codeine and tramadol. I once had an opportunity to use a Duragesic fentanyl transdermal patch, although the method of acquirement involved stealing from a relative, so I backed down on that one. My moral compass has yet to swing that far quite yet.

Hey very interested in where you guy learned about this love the dog food rn not as many pills around me as you can just get boi now it’s manly fenty rn anyways but there is some real boi here forsure but would love to no where it’s made how gets it and were it comes from Ik that sounds bad but I love drugs and to be 💯 downers more then anything for real not for sake haha only for myself at this point

DKs

Bluelighter
There are several hundred morphine/morphone based opioids. Most of which were never marketed. Different countries, different opioids, mainly for historical reasons.

And some hydromorphone analog too if I remember right.

Afaik some acetylated hydromorphone was made illegal by the league of nations alongside diamorphine for fears it might be used as a heroin replacement.

EDIT

My claim to fame is smoking 10mg of pharmaceutical diamorphine hydrochloride. The dose was rather small, barely surpassing threshold effects.
Well, I need somewhat larger doses of opioids and benzos, too. Even without tolerance, of course.
That said: U sure you didn't burn most? Heroin-hcl is hardly smoke-able, but good for sniffing or IV. Since yours was pharma grade, you could have as well injected it IM or SC. Oh, why smoke it? What a waste. Wish I had pharma grade heroin. :confused:

Has pharma grade Diamorphine-hcl and burns it... ohhhh....

Last edited:

mdx92129

Bluelighter
There are several hundred morphine/morphone based opioids. Most of which were never marketed. Different countries, different opioids, mainly for historical reasons.

Afaik some acetylated hydromorphone was made illegal by the league of nations alongside diamorphine for fears it might be used as a heroin replacement.

EDIT

Well, I need somewhat larger doses of opioids and benzos, too. Even without tolerance, of course.
That said: U sure you didn't burn most? Heroin-hcl is hardly smoke-able, but good for sniffing or IV. Since yours was pharma grade, you could have as well injected it IM or SC. Oh, why smoke it? What a waste. Wish I had pharma grade heroin. :confused:

Has pharma grade Diamorphine-hcl and burns it... ohhhh....
At that time, I was 17 and was practically chemically/pharmacologically illiterate so the thought never crossed my mind that smoking the HCl salt would not be a viable RoA. It was primarily for the novelty value, that I could boast on forums about how I had ingested (albeit a tiny amount, especially considering it was smoked) pharmaceutical heroin. At least I still have the box, that's pretty neat.

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
It such a shame that so many potentially good opioids where outlawed so long ago... would be awesome to try them, I'm sure atleast a few of them are gems. Too bad I didn't pursue a career in chemistry otherwise I'd be neck deep in experimentation and likely severe addiction, but still....