• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3.5g mushrooms (assume psilocybe cubensis but not positive)

Canberra Slim

Bluelighter
I'm a neophyte to psychedelics. Two months ago I consumed my first mushrooms: 1.5 grams. The experience was intense as far as listening to music went, with some visual distortion and nausea throughout.

This past weekend I took 3.5g chopped and mixed into peanut butter. In an attempt to forestall nausea I took a Bromine an hour before and drank ginger tea with the dosage. Later I ate several Gavascons and finally a hit of ondansetron (Zofran). None of this helped.

The experience was deeper of course than the first time. More visual distortions. Similar incredible musical abandonment. My plan was to lie down with my earbuds and eye covering, and for an hour or so this was blissful.... minus the continual stomach upset. But the rest more or less overwhelmed it. But soon enough I had to stand up and move. I was in the back room of the house with sliding doors leading to the patio - lots of nice plants and flowers out there, and my wife was nearby at all times.

The visuals were a bit of distortion of physical things but nothing extreme. When I'd close my eyes I saw moving geometric/fractal patterns that weren't particularly interesting, and at any event were fairly subdued. At no time did I feel myself part of them or part of anything else for that matter. I liken it to what we used to see as kids when we'd press down on our eyeballs.

What began shortly to overwhelm everything was an increasing nerve-tingling that was extremely unpleasant. As though I had an IV drip of espresso, with a skin-crawling feeling that forced me to move. Whenever I'd try to lie down to get back to the core of the journey (such as it was... I'd really hardly call it a journey, frankly) I couldn't stay still for more than a minute or so. I took a gram or two of kratom to try and still things down, but the next three hours were distracting and unpleasant: a bummer. The whole thing took about 5 hours until I was no longer on edge.

I'm sorry this happened for several reasons. I had not gone into it with any expectations. I merely wanted to give myself up to whatever was going to happen and to embrace it. I would have been happy for the goodness parts, except that the physicality of it was so difficult as to render the whole dispiriting. I should add that I'm not a cannabis user anymore as I don't like the headspace.

I'd welcome any input from more experienced hands. Thanks for reading.

CS

I'm a neophyte to psychedelics. Two months ago I consumed my first mushrooms: 1.5 grams. The experience was intense as far as listening to music went, with some visual distortion and nausea throughout.

This past weekend I took 3.5g chopped and mixed into peanut butter. In an attempt to forestall nausea I took a Bromine an hour before and drank ginger tea with the dosage. Later I ate several Gavascons and finally a hit of ondansetron (Zofran). None of this helped.

The experience was deeper of course than the first time. More visual distortions. Similar incredible musical abandonment. My plan was to lie down with my earbuds and eye covering, and for an hour or so this was blissful.... minus the continual stomach upset. But the rest more or less overwhelmed it. But soon enough I had to stand up and move. I was in the back room of the house with sliding doors leading to the patio - lots of nice plants and flowers out there, and my wife was nearby at all times.

The visuals were a bit of distortion of physical things but nothing extreme. When I'd close my eyes I saw moving geometric/fractal patterns that weren't particularly interesting, and at any event were fairly subdued. At no time did I feel myself part of them or part of anything else for that matter. I liken it to what we used to see as kids when we'd press down on our eyeballs.

What began shortly to overwhelm everything was an increasing nerve-tingling that was extremely unpleasant. As though I had an IV drip of espresso, with a skin-crawling feeling that forced me to move. Whenever I'd try to lie down to get back to the core of the journey (such as it was... I'd really hardly call it a journey, frankly) I couldn't stay still for more than a minute or so. I took a gram or two of kratom to try and still things down, but the next three hours were distracting and unpleasant: a bummer. The whole thing took about 5 hours until I was no longer on edge.

I'm sorry this happened for several reasons. I had not gone into it with any expectations. I merely wanted to give myself up to whatever was going to happen and to embrace it. I would have been happy for the goodness parts, except that the physicality of it was so difficult as to render the whole dispiriting. I should add that I'm not a cannabis user anymore as I don't like the headspace.

I'd welcome any input from more experienced hands. Thanks for reading.

CS
I can attest, but I’m no expert. I haven’t done any psychs in over 10 years recently I’ve started thinking about them more and more. But your trip report helps persuade me it may not be the best thing

To avoid nausea on mushrooms all you need to do is fast for 4 - 6 hours prior to ingestion and ensure they are properly dried with no mould or decay present. Drying also evict all of the maggots which are a common source of nausea...

Shrooms sometimes have uncomfortable body load and stomach upset can often causes a sense of impending anxiety/over stimulation. Next time I would try dipping them in honey instead of peanut butter. Sometimes peanut butter sits kind of heavy in my stomach.

Also 'maybe you took too much too fast', could just be too high of a dose or subtle issues in the set/setting. Anxiety and challenging trips can often cause stomach upset as well. I find it's usually most effective to just breath into it and try not to tense up, just accepting the nausea as it is.

Shrooms are weird and fickle. Sometimes that shit happens

Thanks, everyone. That's good information from clearly knowledgeable sources. I'll think on all of it and consider my next move. I must say that what happened has left me loathe to try these things again. And that's surely not a good thing going into any (presumably) life-altering experience.

Pyth, sorry about your agitation! It sounds exactly like what I went through. And I agree with your assessment of its non-universality based on friends' history as well as what I've read (Michael Pollan's book is a wonderful primer).

I'm still keen on exploring my consciousness, and I'm also considering LSD and DMT. We shall see.

I really appreciate you folks stepping up!