• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

⫸STICKY⫷ 3,4-methylenedioxy-N&PD SOCIAL THREAD v. 1

... by injection, and in infant wistar rats

I don't see anyone using margarine as a sedative

It would have to be prepared as an emulsion with really small oil droplets in water before it could be injected. If you inject a milliliter of pure oleic acid intravenously, the blob of oil will get stuck in your lung as an embolism and cause permanent damage. It's actually used for causing just that in some cruel animal experiment. There's probably some digestive mechanism that prevents the OA concentration in your blood getting too high no matter how much olive oil you consume.

This is a bit similar to this: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/triglycerides-with-cns-effects.600143/

Last edited:
Midomafetamine. Ask your doctor today.
Hey doc, where's ma 'fetamine!

I'd be curious how many Desoxyn scripts are filled in the US every year and what the average age of the receiving patient is. HIPAA would probably make it pretty difficult, although I've heard some other countries have figured out ways to separate personal identities from useful medical data. In addition to figuring out how to wear masks

Hey doc, where's ma 'fetamine!

I'd be curious how many Desoxyn scripts are filled in the US every year and what the average age of the receiving patient is. HIPAA would probably make it pretty difficult, although I've heard some other countries have figured out ways to separate personal identities from useful medical data. In addition to figuring out how to wear masks

I got a desoxyn 5mg QID script once at the age of 27. Given that its easier to get a 90mg/day script of amphetamine, 20mg of d-meth isn't worth the hassle or the price tag (my insurance refused to cover it, thus it was essentially $400 for 600mg of pure d-meth, which isnt worth it). At 20mg its kind of sedating i found.

I got a desoxyn 5mg QID script once at the age of 27. Given that its easier to get a 90mg/day script of amphetamine, 20mg of d-meth isn't worth the hassle or the price tag (my insurance refused to cover it, thus it was essentially $400 for 600mg of pure d-meth, which isnt worth it). At 20mg its kind of sedating i found.
$1.50 a milligramme.whos th e real criminal in this scenario.your cuntrys health care system is fukd

$1.50 a milligramme.whos th e real criminal in this scenario.your cuntrys health care system is fukd

Yeah i suppose so, but then again in what other country can you get d-meth prescribed? (I honestly don't know.)

Then again, id gladly give up shitty d-meth for prescription diamorphine...

It would have to be prepared as an emulsion with really small oil droplets in water before it could be injected. If you inject a milliliter of pure oleic acid intravenously, the blob of oil will get stuck in your lung as an embolism and cause permanent damage. It's actually used for causing just that in some cruel animal experiment. There's probably some digestive mechanism that prevents the OA concentration in your blood getting too high no matter how much olive oil you consume.

This is a bit similar to this: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/triglycerides-with-cns-effects.600143/
Fun fact: cream is a suspension of oil in water & butter is a suspension of water in oil

220px-TCB-2.png

TCB-2. Psychedelic, apparently very potent. Not that potency is necessarily a sign of quality goods (25-n-boXX and bromo-dragonfly), but this structure intrigues me. Makes me wonder about the potential of other substitutions.

Any guesses?

Here on Earth, TMS is FDA approved for hard-to-treat depression. Scientists at MUSC and elsewhere are also investigating using TMS for post-traumatic stress disorder; to treat cravings and pain in people under treatment for opioid use disorder; and in physical and mental rehab for stroke patients. Depression could be a concern for people on long-term missions far from Earth who don't expect to set foot on solid ground for years, and Roberts and Badran said TMS could be a useful and space-saving tool to pack on long-term space missions, rather than an entire pharmacy's worth of medications.
"Ultimately, you don't want to go to Mars or an interplanetary mission with all these medications. And you can't easily set up a chemistry lab to synthesize all of them. So TMS would be a very clear, easy solution for neuropsychiatric issues. That's the long 20-year vision," Badran said.

Probably better than the risk of some astronaut starting to get high off the medications they have onboard and doing something stupid. I guess that kind of stress could make even the most reliable people become junkies.

benzos were still a problem [checks watch] 32 years ago

"lorazepam is one of the worse benzos for addiction" hmm well let me tell you about Xanax

This compound, indolylmethyl-1 tetrahydro-2,3,4,9/1H/beta-carboline,

start.png

is mentioned in this article about tryptophan pyrolysis products

and this French language paper, which I can't find anywhere but is said to claim that this chemical is a sedative and anticonvulsant

https://pascal-francis.inist.fr/vibad/index.php?action=getRecordDetail&idt=PASCAL7960474165 .

Possibly this is similar to the benzo partial agonist beta-carbolines like abecarnil.

Tryptophan pyrolysis also results in carcinogens and other toxins, so you'd have to do a chromatography to separate this kind of components from a load of destructive distilled tryptophan.

Some old article in Rhodium's drug chemistry archive described a tryptophan decarboxylation reaction where the amino acid is heated in biphenyl under a nitrogen atmosphere. The biphenyl is just meant to function as something unreactive with a very high boiling point. Would methylsulfonylmethane also be a suitable medium for this? Its boiling point is near 250 degrees Celsius and shouldn't be very reactive either.

it's worth a try, is this not the same reaction that can be run in spearmint oil (menthone acting as a catalyst of sorts) ?

it's worth a try, is this not the same reaction that can be run in spearmint oil (menthone acting as a catalyst of sorts) ?

Yes, that one, but I recall the decarboxylation catalyst in spearmint oil was actually carvone. Caraway seed oil contains a different stereoisomer of that unsaturated ketone, but should also have the same catalyst effect.

Edit: Looks like the high-boiling solvent in the original Rhodium article was diphenylmethane, not biphenyl as I first thought.

Last edited:
Harmane seems to be the most LSD-like of all harmala alkaloids. Unfortunately it's only a minor component in peganum harmala and probably difficult to separate.

1. A series of N-substituted tryptamines was compared with a series of beta-carbolines in rats trained to discriminate LSD (0.1 mg/kg) from saline.

2. Intermediate levels of substitution were elicited by MDMT (76.4% ), DMT (77.9% ), and DET (48.7% ). 6-F-DET produced 41.3% LSD-appropriate responding at a dose of 6.0 mg/kg but only 4 of 8 subjects completed the test session thus precluding statistical analysis. Bufotenine (25.8% ) also failed to substitute. Although none of the tryptamines substituted completely for LSD, the pattern of substitution is consonant with what is known of their activity in humans. MDMT, DMT, and DET are well established in the literature as hallucinogens but the same cannot be said for 6-F-DET and bufotenine.

3. Of the beta-carbolines tested, none substituted for LSD completely and only harmane elicited intermediate substitution (49.5% ). No significant generalization of the LSD stimulus to 6-methoxyharmalan, harmaline, or THBC was observed. Thus, in contrast to the tryptamines, scant ability to substitute for LSD was observed in the beta-carbolines tested.

4. Taken together, the present data indicate that the representative tryptamines employed in the present study exhibit greater similarity to the LSD stimulus than do representative beta-carbolines. The receptor interactions responsible for these differences remain to be determined.