• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

⫸STICKY⫷ 3,4-methylenedioxy-N&PD SOCIAL THREAD v. 1

I would be wary bypassing first-pass metabolism with any kind of unrefined biological mixture.

That's what I thought, too. The linked article says that the bioavailability of transdermal morphine applied on de-epithelialized skin is 75%, or 4.5 times more than in tablet form. It takes about 10 hours for most of it to get absorbed, but probably less if there's some partly nonpolar solvent (even acetone or something like that) in the same mixture. Or is 'partly nonpolar' a proper name for something that is miscible with both water and oils?

1. Twelve healthy subjects received 10 mg morphine HCl delivered transdermally from an occlusive reservoir applied to a small area of skin, painlessly de-epithelialised by vacuum suction. On a separate occasion, 10 mg morphine HCl was given as an i.v. infusion over 20 min. 2. Venous blood samples were collected serially for 72 h and assayed for morphine, morphine-3-glucuronide (M3G) and morphine-6-glucuronide (M6G) by h.p.l.c. Pupil size, salivation, and central nervous effects (nausea, fatigue, headache, feeling of heaviness and dysphoria/euphoria) were also measured. 3. After transdermal application morphine was absorbed by a first-order process to produce relatively constant plasma drug concentrations over 11 h. The absolute bioavailability of transdermal morphine was 75% (65-85%; 95% CI). The plasma concentrations of both M6G and M3G were lower after transdermal administration than after i.v. infusion, and a considerable delay (of up to 1 h) was observed before the metabolites were detectable. AUC ratios for M3G and M6G relative to morphine were similar after both modes of administration. 4. Non-analgesic effects were less pronounced at the lower plasma drug and metabolite concentrations observed after transdermal delivery than after the i.v. infusion of morphine. 5. Transdermal administration of morphine warrants investigation as an alternative route of morphine delivery.

The laurus nobilis essential oil, which contains much the same terpenes as rosemary oil, has some antiviral effect against the previous SARS coronavirus that caused an epidemic in 2002-2003. Not to mean that it would be effective enough in practice to be worth it, but quite unexpected anyway.

Saw some patents about extracting nicotine from tobacco waste (cigarette stubs, etc.) for use as a pesticide. If you could do that yourself without having any carcinogens and smoke odor in the final product, you could potentially save 1000s of dollars/euros a year by making an e-liquid from that and glycerol (unless nicotine solutions are still very cheap where you live).

The bad English in those Chinese patents and other documents looks like it's for some political reason to not sound too western-minded.

that'd turn some heads... but it's economically viable given cigarette butts are so common as litter.
I remember my dad telling me one of the demonstrations he watched in a university molecular biology class where they looked at cigarette butts fished out of a gutter with an electron microscope and saw tobacco mosaic virus.

A first step in that kind of extraction could probably be making the leftover tobacco alkaline and then put it in some kind of large vaping apparatus and condense the evaporated nicotine in another container. Then acid-base extraction to remove non-alkaloids.

I think it's cheaper to go from 2-keto-pyrrloidone and benzene honestly

DMT Researchers Advise Maintaining 6-Foot Distance From Own Body
SANTA CRUZ, CA—As part of an effort to help reduce the spread of Covid-19, scientists who conduct research into DMT at the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies have advised members of the public to maintain an interval of at least 6 feet from their own body. “Now more than ever, it is imperative for citizens to keep a safe distance from their corporeal forms, as the novel coronavirus is highly contagious within the bounds of a physical reality,” MAPS researcher Bill Tasker told reporters Tuesday as he demonstrated the proper way to wash one’s astral hands for at least 20 infinities and urged people to wipe down all contaminated celestial planes, upon which the virus can reportedly transcend any perceived notions of time. “If you find yourself floating in the ether, suddenly grasping the illusory nature of the self, and how you’re so, so small, but you are also everything—the stars, the planets, the cosmos, holy shit, everything—that’s when it is vital to observe the self-distancing measures that can help stem the spread of this disease. Without your help flattening the curve, you are at risk of infection and possibly even ego death.” Tasker went on to describe a method by which people could potentially manifest N95 respirator masks out of pure energy.

.. c/o the onion :)

DMT Researchers Advise Maintaining 6-Foot Distance From Own Body
SANTA CRUZ, CA—As part of an effort to help reduce the spread of Covid-19, scientists who conduct research into DMT at the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies have advised members of the public to maintain an interval of at least 6 feet from their own body. “Now more than ever, it is imperative for citizens to keep a safe distance from their corporeal forms, as the novel coronavirus is highly contagious within the bounds of a physical reality,” MAPS researcher Bill Tasker told reporters Tuesday as he demonstrated the proper way to wash one’s astral hands for at least 20 infinities and urged people to wipe down all contaminated celestial planes, upon which the virus can reportedly transcend any perceived notions of time. “If you find yourself floating in the ether, suddenly grasping the illusory nature of the self, and how you’re so, so small, but you are also everything—the stars, the planets, the cosmos, holy shit, everything—that’s when it is vital to observe the self-distancing measures that can help stem the spread of this disease. Without your help flattening the curve, you are at risk of infection and possibly even ego death.” Tasker went on to describe a method by which people could potentially manifest N95 respirator masks out of pure energy.

.. c/o the onion :)
Ok that is funny as fuck 💀

The Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 [...]

is it just me or do I read this as an epidemic of "combat methamphetamine" (c.f "assault weapon") ? like what, are people abusing the SECRET MILITARY CRANK all over America?

Yep. The US and UK preferred benzedrine (amphetamine) but the Germans used methamphetamine.

I also note that MDMA has an INN now: Midomafetamine. Ask your doctor today.

I can already see the TV ads for it haha.

"Are you sick and tired of not feeling love and connection with those you care about? Ask your doctor about midomafetamine, the only drug proven to help you feel love for everyone! Even that total stranger over there!"

I love that this silly thread I made lasted this long lol

Kappa agonists can also produce euphoria if microinjected in the correct part of the brain:

Oleic acid causes sedation and motor incoordination similar to diazepam.

... by injection, and in infant wistar rats

I don't see anyone using margarine as a sedative