• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 2methylap237: a WARNING

There are reports of different batches of this compound being wildly different potency and quality. As well there are reports going back months that it has given people organ damage, hospitalizations, and other very serious side effects in standard sized oral dosages.

In addition to this, it is speculated that this is the compound which contributed to the OD of our dear recently departed friend on BL.

Avoid this compound at all costs right now, and if you are to use it, start small, and titrate!! Please be careful.

Love you all,

deficiT

Last edited:
Yes apparently this drug played a role in his death. What's mysterious is that reported dose he took wasn't particularly large (80mg) which shouldn't be problem (even it were intravenous). Who knows what really happened.

But overall people should avoid this drug. Even good batches of it will put strain on your internal organs.
This drug scares the shit out of my because my organs are fucked from dissociatives and alcohol...the pain associated with that damage is why I use opioids now.

I have not used a street or RC opioid in like 6 years (pharma only) but all it takes is my doctor retires/dies (he already is scared to prescribe)....and in this climate of restricted prescription I'll be into the black market opioids really fast and a bag of this shit would probably cause me to just kill myself it would cause so much organ pain for an already compromised person like me.

Last edited:
Drug users are perfectly capable I believe.

It's the major reason that sites like this and others exist.

Yeah that's true. I first thought about this after reading the "Cocaine Handbook" by David Lee (an interesting historical document from the 70s). In the book, the author discusses the growing problem of levisamole contamination in cocaine, and concludes by basically saying, the only thing that'll change the situation is basically a boycott, it's drug consumers refusing to purchase these contaminated products and the effects of that reaching all the way back to South American crystal labs etc. The only thing they care about is money so the only way to effect change is to throttle down their earnings through consumer choice.

I heard an interesting news report a few years back related to this, regarding groups of drug users (in the northeast USA, IIRC?) pooling their money together to buy opioids, then test the drugs and decide, based on the results, whether to continue buying from a particular seller or not

Yeah that's true. I first thought about this after reading the "Cocaine Handbook" by David Lee (an interesting historical document from the 70s). In the book, the author discusses the growing problem of levisamole contamination in cocaine, and concludes by basically saying, the only thing that'll change the situation is basically a boycott, it's drug consumers refusing to purchase these contaminated products and the effects of that reaching all the way back to South American crystal labs etc. The only thing they care about is money so the only way to effect change is to throttle down their earnings through consumer choice.

I heard an interesting news report a few years back related to this, regarding groups of drug users (in the northeast USA, IIRC?) pooling their money together to buy opioids, then test the drugs and decide, based on the results, whether to continue buying from a particular seller or not
This is why there is such a great need for HR resources and organizations. Because it does come down to money, but the manufacturers and distributors kind of have the users over the barrel in regards to what can be sold. The users can only apply so much consumer choice because of the illegal nature of the trade.

This is why there is such a great need for HR resources and organizations. Because it does come down to money, but the manufacturers and distributors kind of have the users over the barrel in regards to what can be sold. The users can only apply so much consumer choice because of the illegal nature of the trade.
...plus when you're in withdrawal spraying fluid out both ends of your body you'll probably take any opioid to stop it even if the side effect is to make your balls fall off. When youre addicted they've got you buy the balls.

I hate meth. Only tried it twice and it wasn't for me. If a fent batch with meth in it would end a withdrawal or allow me to meet my obligations at work amd not get fired...I would reluctantly take the meth containing opioid 100 percent if it's all I had.

Thank God for subs and methadone tho. Since they don't seem to want crackdown on either of those nor produce fake adultered sub strips which I imagine would be very hard amd have minimal demand.

There are reports of different batches of this compound being wildly different potency and quality. As well there are reports going back months that it has given people organ damage, hospitalizations, and other very serious side effects in standard sized oral dosages.

In addition to this, it is speculated that this is the compound which caused the OD of our dear recently departed friend on BL.

Avoid this compound at all costs right now, and if you are to use it, start small, and titrate!! Please be careful.

Love you all,

deficiT

Hi... thank fuck you posted an alert. I utfse earlier and happened across a thread from about a year ago (I think) with ppl including the deceased really wanting this drug, felt sick to my stomach, went and looked at how easy it is to find on clear, saw this alert thank God.

Someone mentioned this is the RC that has been responsible for a fatality and am struggling to understand how anyone who has a voice in Harm Reduction can balance the use of a drug like this and deal with people who are intent on using it despite how bloody dangerous it is. This is a very important thing, thank God you're here to do this job, can you tell me what bluelight's position is on this drug and others like it?

Not sure if this is against rules but its a good read, some horrid feedback from reddit, hoping to turn people off this shit, dont bother, its not worth it.

RC opioid shit-pneumonia and gastric issues

Its not 2001 anymore, the drugs going around are far more dangerous than mdma, how the hell can this shit even be legal?

Is it the legality that makes it seem okay to just get, particularly by anyone not already ready to practise harm reduction on themselves?

The deaths from RC opiods and other classifications are completely avoidable.

During the time where fent was sneaking in and people dropped like flies because their heroin was fent, that was tragic.

This is different.

Knowingly getting access to drugs that people know are research chems and not mistakenly something they didn't expect is not for beginners. Ever. They are not for vulnerable people not of sound mind either.

What is there to do at all when people are showing keen interest in shitty deadly bullshit drugs like this that will make them realise its just not worth it?

I wish to God there was anything that could be done about this, besides people fangirling over the latest Chinese research chem, U54700 or whatever the fuck that pink shit was was the same and reading Bardeaux's shrine thread shows the heartbreak that shit caused.

Some mods then who are still around today posted there is no place for some drugs and this shit is just the same.

Anyway, fuck this particular drug, cant stress this enough.

:(

Hi... thank fuck you posted an alert. I utfse earlier and happened across a thread from about a year ago (I think) with ppl including the deceased really wanting this drug, felt sick to my stomach, went and looked at how easy it is to find on clear, saw this alert thank God.

Someone mentioned this is the RC that has been responsible for a fatality and am struggling to understand how anyone who has a voice in Harm Reduction can balance the use of a drug like this and deal with people who are intent on using it despite how bloody dangerous it is. This is a very important thing, thank God you're here to do this job, can you tell me what bluelight's position is on this drug and others like it?

Not sure if this is against rules but its a good read, some horrid feedback from reddit, hoping to turn people off this shit, dont bother, its not worth it.

RC opioid shit-pneumonia and gastric issues

Its not 2001 anymore, the drugs going around are far more dangerous than mdma, how the hell can this shit even be legal?

Is it the legality that makes it seem okay to just get, particularly by anyone not already ready to practise harm reduction on themselves?

The deaths from RC opiods and other classifications are completely avoidable.

During the time where fent was sneaking in and people dropped like flies because their heroin was fent, that was tragic.

This is different.

Knowingly getting access to drugs that people know are research chems and not mistakenly something they didn't expect is not for beginners. Ever. They are not for vulnerable people not of sound mind either.

What is there to do at all when people are showing keen interest in shitty deadly bullshit drugs like this that will make them realise its just not worth it?

I wish to God there was anything that could be done about this, besides people fangirling over the latest Chinese research chem, U54700 or whatever the fuck that pink shit was was the same and reading Bardeaux's shrine thread shows the heartbreak that shit caused.

Some mods then who are still around today posted there is no place for some drugs and this shit is just the same.

Anyway, fuck this particular drug, cant stress this enough.

:(
Idk about Bluelights official position, but mine is "fuck this trash". I'd like this plastered on the front page, which should hopefully be happening soon.

The cocaine handbook can be read here for free!

As much as I loved cocaine the one and only time I used it, I knew I would have became addicted had I ever bought it or used it at parties/afterparties or at bars ever again.

I have always lived in places where cocaine and hard drugs are inexpensive, and super easy to get. But now with online dealers, someone can hypothetically get any drug they want without even leaving home and seeing a dealer.

5.0 out of 5 stars
I knew the author quite well.
Reviewed in the United States on March 21, 2019
Here's a cautionary tale: I knew the author David Lee quite well. In fact, I was there when he and some friends were shooting the photo of that rock for the cover, as well as for the several-day-long party to, ahem...dispose of it. It seemed that no matter when you turned up at David's house in Berkeley, he was holding court with a circle of at 8 or 10 friends who were glued to their seats, waiting for David to send yet another plate of lines around, something he did every few minutes. David was the first person I ever knew who died from his cocaine addiction, although he was not the last. He was 29 when he died, not long after this book was published in 1980.

Last edited:
The cocaine handbook can be read here for free!

As much as I loved cocaine the one and only time I used it, I knew I would have became addicted had I ever bought it or used it at parties/afterparties or at bars ever again.

I have always lived in places where cocaine and hard drugs are inexpensive, and super easy to get. But now with online dealers, someone can hypothetically get any drug they want without even leaving home and seeing a dealer.

5.0 out of 5 stars
I knew the author quite well.
Reviewed in the United States on March 21, 2019
Here's a cautionary tale: I knew the author David Lee quite well. In fact, I was there when he and some friends were shooting the photo of that rock for the cover, as well as for the several-day-long party to, ahem...dispose of it. It seemed that no matter when you turned up at David's house in Berkeley, he was holding court with a circle of at 8 or 10 friends who were glued to their seats, waiting for David to send yet another plate of lines around, something he did every few minutes. David was the first person I ever knew who died from his cocaine addiction, although he was not the last. He was 29 when he died, not long after this book was published in 1980.

Yeah it's a great book IMO! It's one of those rare works about drugs that effectively combines sober, scientific background on cocaine with practical DIY advice for the average user, as well as an interesting sociological analysis of the illegal cocaine trade. I'm not that much of a cocaine fan but it's just fun to read about psychoactive drugs, as people on this site are no doubt well aware!

That's also interesting, re: the book's author. I guess too much 70s coke was bad for the ol' ticker! RIP David Lee, only the good die young!

I had warned him extensively on the danger of this compound. It once removed a good deal of skin under my tongue from sublingual use. The skin turned white then fell off. I can't imagine intravenous use.

80mg of 2-methyl-ap237 for a tolerant person (even intravenously) is not a lethal dose. I wonder what happened.

RIP you crazy MF, I tried to help you. Sorry for flaking out on the Korean barbecue, i am just too antisocial for that stuff without resorting to benzos (at which point my extroversion is disinhibitated) but i didnt want to take benzos at that particular time as i was trying to avoid them.
Am very sorry to hear about CH
However I need to ask about the 2-methyl-ap 237 because it sounds very much like some crap I have been getting in the street such as my insides feel like they are burning I get feeling horribly sick I also ran a fever and felt like I had a sore in my throat from the drain (I sniff)
I couldnt understand why I would do dope and feel worse
I know several who are using this daily but all claim to be fine w/no probs
Would like to ask what type of substance/color is this?

However I need to ask about the 2-methyl-ap 237 because it sounds very much like some crap I have been getting in the street such as my insides feel like they are burning I get feeling horribly sick I also ran a fever and felt like I had a sore in my throat from the drain (I sniff)
It can be a white crystal but mostly it’s sold as a white chalky powder.

I highly doubt you’ve had this on the street. It’s way too expensive to be used as a cut or even in place of dope.

Only you are having issues? The rest you know who are using are insufflating it also?

It's ranges from white to yellow. But its extremely unlikely to find this on the street because its simply too expensive and too low potency for it to make economic sense to sell in that fashion.

The yellow stuff is probably contaminated with cinnemaldehyde and butyryl chloride, which add to its toxicity. The yellow stuff should have a cinnamon like smell to it. Sort of like a cross between cinnamon and gasoline.

It can be a white crystal but mostly it’s sold as a white chalky powder.

I highly doubt you’ve had this on the street. It’s way too expensive to be used as a cut or even in place of dope.

Only you are having issues? The rest you know who are using are insufflating it also?

Yes all that I know sniff as well

I must say Im glad its unlikely to be this crap also this has a very light yellow tint and the powder seems heavy and thick unlike the fine powder Im used too
There is no bad odor with this but not long ago I saw a red which smelled like lighter fluid

I threw that away something I have never done before

Yes all that I know sniff as well

I must say Im glad its unlikely to be this crap also this has a very light yellow tint and the powder seems heavy and thick unlike the fine powder Im used too
There is no bad odor with this but not long ago I saw a red which smelled like lighter fluid

I threw that away something I have never done before
Ok obviously I have zero idea what it is you are taking as do you. Please do be careful, even if what you are taking isn’t 2-methyl-ap237, it could be any number of other really dangerous RC opioids or fent of course.

I always advise seeing a Dr, especially if you are unwell and having issues using whilst you know people who aren’t. If it’s available to you then please seek out medical care.