View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2Cx psychological addiction

phatass

Bluelighter
i find 2Cx's very more ish, i got through a g of 2C-I in a week and half a g of 2C-E in a week... firstly my tolerance has skyrocketed..... but ii love it so much i can't help myself from just taking more each time.. i love the state it puts you in..

anyone feel similarly?

I feel the complete opposite - ie it has anti-habit effects for me. Days/weeks after taking 2C-E I find very little urge to even smoke weed (ie I'll fire up the xbox, pack a bowl, start playing, and then a few hours later realize I forgot about the bowl).

I personally find 2Cs uncomfortable to start, and beautiful at the end - so every time I think about doing them again I think about the uncomfortable start. Contrast this to something addictive like coke where it feels beautiful first and then uncomfortable... I (or at least my reward system) seem to only really remember the start!

I can get fairly bad with these (taking them every few days), but I can't imagine half a gram of 2C-E in a week. That's just reckless.

Do you have a history of serious drug abuse (besides this)?

When I got my first g of 2c-i i went through probably a quarter of it in a weekend, but by sunday I got frustrated that my tolerance was so high I had to snort like 30mg to feel anything, so now I keep it steady at once a week. I only find it more-ish if I don't take a large enough initial dose and am unsatisfied with where I end up 2 hours later.

I have never had enough 2c around me to get to that point....

Although of all the psychs i have tried the 2c class has been by far the most hedonistic of them....

No way could I go through a psychedelic like that. If I have a strong trip it usually takes a lot out of me and the desire to do more is non-existent. The most I trip is once a week and even then I feel like taking a break once in a while because it gets a bit much sometimes.

The only time I've ever felt a psychedelic being more-ish is if I underdose. Say I underdose on a friday night; I'll have a strong desire to take a larger dose on Saturday night.

2C-x's are just like any other psychedelic to me in this department.

i find 2Cx's very more ish, i got through a g of 2C-I in a week and half a g of 2C-E in a week... firstly my tolerance has skyrocketed..... but ii love it so much i can't help myself from just taking more each time.. i love the state it puts you in..

anyone feel similarly?

A few years ago, when I was first introduced to RCs and tried 2ci for my first time, the first few months I was a good boy. I would trip every other month.

Then I had access to many other chemicals and I was tripping way too often. It got to a point where tripping became more of a priority than other things. Once I noticed this I wasn't exactly happy with myself. It took a while to stop doing it.

For me, psychedelics were incredibly psychologically addicting. I believe that this is because I have bipolar disorder. People living with bipolar disorder tend to self-medicate. We know something isn't "right" with us so we end up self-medicating without realizing what we are doing.

I didn't know that I had bipolar disorder when I was experimenting with drugs (primarily psychedelics) and it seems that the lack of sleep from tripping so often triggered problems and my symptoms became much worse. The lack of sleep on its own was very dangerous for me -- people with bipolar disorder need to get very regular sleep or a manic or depressive episode could happen. It all culminated in a terrible manic episode that I was lucky enough to walk away from.

Just to be safe, I would really advise you to try to limit the amount of times that you trip. Once a month is a lot, but more than that is definitely not a good sign. I was still balanced when I would just trip every other month or so, but when I started dosing as many as 4 days out of the week, well, problems happened.

It was especially difficult for me to resist tripping so often because, I mean, I had a gram or two of different substances. Considering that you don't need a lot of material to have a powerful trip, well, it seemed like I would never run out so I kept doing more and more until one day, I got fed up, dumped all of the powder into the garbage and sprayed the shit out of it with Windex and furniture cleaner so I wouldn't go back in there.

2c-*s are pretty boring for me to begin with, so I dont use them very often anymore, but when I do I'm most grateful when the experience is over and the last thing on my mind is dosing again.

I feel the complete opposite - ie it has anti-habit effects for me. Days/weeks after taking 2C-E I find very little urge to even smoke weed (ie I'll fire up the xbox, pack a bowl, start playing, and then a few hours later realize I forgot about the bowl).

I personally find 2Cs uncomfortable to start, and beautiful at the end - so every time I think about doing them again I think about the uncomfortable start. Contrast this to something addictive like coke where it feels beautiful first and then uncomfortable... I (or at least my reward system) seem to only really remember the start!

Wow, same here. Ever since I started using 2C-I, I've found that it completely erased my desire to use other substances including weed. I love it.

i need to get some 2Cx, those mushrooms ( pills ) were awsome

I'm extremely surprised that you consume that much of a pure product in such a short timeframe - however your tolerance must be outrageous. For me this would be wasteful.

Wow, same here. Ever since I started using 2C-I, I've found that it completely erased my desire to use other substances including weed. I love it.

I also found 2C-x to be useful in giving up weed. Of course, it's just giving up one addiction for another. I'm interested to see how long my will lasts once I start school and give up the stuff for good.

Still, this is the first time I've been able to quit ganj for two weeks without having any desire to smoke. Very very interesting. I truly believe it's a shame these drugs are not used in addiction treatment. Needless to say they wouldn't be appropriate for everyone, but I believe they have the potential to be very effective. I've read studies of LSD being used to treat alcoholics in the 50's with something like a 90% success rate. That's just phenomenal.

I really like 2c-e, 2c-i is pretty fun too, but at the most I'd do them once a week, and that didn't last long. Usually more like every 2-4 weeks. Haven't had any in quite a while though. My advice would be to find some non-drug hobbies. To me it sounds like you're just kinda bored.

I also found 2C-x to be useful in giving up weed. Of course, it's just giving up one addiction for another. I'm interested to see how long my will lasts once I start school and give up the stuff for good.

Still, this is the first time I've been able to quit ganj for two weeks without having any desire to smoke. Very very interesting. I truly believe it's a shame these drugs are not used in addiction treatment. Needless to say they wouldn't be appropriate for everyone, but I believe they have the potential to be very effective. I've read studies of LSD being used to treat alcoholics in the 50's with something like a 90% success rate. That's just phenomenal.

I wouldn't call my own desire an addiction... just a mild craving for it, with no symptoms of dependence. I've dropped 2C-I twice now and am giving it at least a week between trips.

anyone feel similarly?

Thats just being unresponsible with psychedelics bro and for a moderator i'm surprised you would call the 2C's more-ish!!! You are a minority because ALL psychedelics i've tried I've never had any more-ish feelings about them!!!

Now i've done my share of binging out on psychedelics but I never felt any type of addiction to them and would never abuse them like you sir have and honestly I see that as being very immature in your psychedelic career.

Abuse Psychedelics and they will Abuse YOU!!!

Last edited:
Thats just being unresponsible with psychedelics bro and for a moderator i'm surprised you would call the 2C's more-ish!!! You are a freak period because ALL psychedelics i've tried I've never had any more-ish feelings about them!!!

Just because you don't experience a desire to take more of a given substance doesn't mean that a person is a freak because they do. The OP was just articulating their personal experience with 2C's, I don't see what you find so offensive about that...

Last edited:
Your right I changed the word freak to minority because that was un called for the OP was just expressing his experiences with the materials and I was being an ass i'm sorry OP!!!

Thats just being unresponsible with psychedelics bro and for a moderator i'm surprised you would call the 2C's more-ish!!! You are a minority because ALL psychedelics i've tried I've never had any more-ish feelings about them!!!

Now i've done my share of binging out on psychedelics but I never felt any type of addiction to them and would never abuse them like you sir have and honestly I see that as being very immature in your psychedelic career.

Abuse Psychedelics and they will Abuse YOU!!!

just because you reacted one way and he reacted another does not make him a minority or a freak...

The girl on intervention huffing 8-12 cans of duster a day on the other hand, yea i might consider her to be more to that side of things....

The 2c family is one of the more hedonistic psychs, many of them (including 2c-i) feel pretty easy on the mind and body while being very much enjoyable. If you have a lot of drugs that you enjoy doing, your probably going to do a lot of drugs psychedelics or not...

Im not sure what i would do if you put a gram of 2c-b in front of me.... I have never had enough to go on a bender with it... Honestly though, i would probably eat it until i was bored with it.... And as 2c-b is one of my favorite chemicals, i would probably eat a lot....

I have a tendency to do them like maybe once or twice a week max, but it's not that difficult to push it back to once every two weeks.
Granted there are other substances to fill the gaps... I know I am a bit of a polyuser as are many here, but I'm working on polishing that away.

That's pretty extreme though phatass, also I thought 2C-I was able to produce crashes?