View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 2cb euphoria

Zephyn

Bluelighter
Does psilocybin have some pharmacological effect for anxiety, ocd, or ptsd, or are the benefits achieved from insights during the experience? My last trip was really traumatic, some really inhumane stuff happened to me, I feel like mushrooms might be a bit too unpredictable/deep at the moment - and god forbid lsd, id end up in a psych ward unless I did it with an experienced psychotherapist. Even mushrooms im unsure how they will be using for depression when set and setting is so vital.. i used to love psychedelics recreationally, but never needed them for therapeutic reasons. Now i have literally crippling anxiety, depression,, ptsd, and somatic symptoms. I can't imagine taking psilocybin like this.. is there some pharmacological reason for its use in this sort of situations? So instead of psilocybin, im thinking of trying 2cb to dip my feet back into the water. There's not much data available even anecdotally for anyone trying to self medicate with it, but I'm going to give it a shot. Ill attempt to document. I feel like from my prior experiences this one had the most positive push and might be the best place to start.

Its least likely to go wrong and make my situation worse, has a euphoric push, and maybe can help me open up to myself introspectivally. Plus might be fun.

2cb has historically been one of my favorite recreational drugs. But I've never used any psycheedelic when in a bad state of mind.

Never tried 2c-b but I can tell you that 6-apb is very therapeutical. And a low dose of 5-meo-mipt could be therapeutical as well. Low meaning 5-8 mg.

Never tried 2c-b but I can tell you that 6-apb is very therapeutical. And a low dose of 5-meo-mipt could be therapeutical as well. Low meaning 5-8 mg.
2cb is great, most euphoric psychedelic I've ever tried.

6apb I only tried once combined with 2cb, it was great but had some pretty severe emotional effects from what I recall. Might have been 6apdb.

Does psilocybin have some pharmacological effect for anxiety, ocd, or ptsd, or are the benefits achieved from insights during the experience? My last trip was really traumatic, some really inhumane stuff happened to me, I feel like mushrooms might be a bit too unpredictable/deep at the moment - and god forbid lsd, id end up in a psych ward unless I did it with an experienced psychotherapist. Even mushrooms im unsure how they will be using for depression when set and setting is so vital.. i used to love psychedelics recreationally, but never needed them for therapeutic reasons. Now i have literally crippling anxiety, depression,, ptsd, and somatic symptoms. I can't imagine taking psilocybin like this.. is there some pharmacological reason for its use in this sort of situations? So instead of psilocybin, im thinking of trying 2cb to dip my feet back into the water. There's not much data available even anecdotally for anyone trying to self medicate with it, but I'm going to give it a shot. Ill attempt to document. I feel like from my prior experiences this one had the most positive push and might be the best place to start.

Its least likely to go wrong and make my situation worse, has a euphoric push, and maybe can help me open up to myself introspectivally. Plus might be fun.

2cb has historically been one of my favorite recreational drugs. But I've never used any psycheedelic when in a bad state of mind.
If you have those mental health issues, I would not trip at all. If you react well to it as in it does not make you anxious, smoke pot or hashish.

For those kinds of things and the severity you describe I would say you're better off seeking other forms of therapy first, then possibly returning to this idea. Diving headfirst into the deep unseen part of your brain is not always the best answer, you'll likely end up bringing more pain to the surface if you don't know precisely what it is you're doing and why.

LSD has helped me immensely, but only while I was in the "right place" already. Psilocybin seems to have an inherent antidepressant effect at lower doses, but that chemical has put me through a lot. I can confidently say that I am not, have never, and probably won't be ready for a mushroom trip for a good while.

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to do it, its sort of a last resort, I've tried most everything else. I personally feel like 2cb could be hugely beneficial. I am going to launch the trip along with some ketamine, and probably go with 20mg of 2cb. I'll have benzos and antipsychotics on hand if things get weird.

I had a full blown schizophrenic friend who would flip out from lsd, but could handle 2cb just fine. I really can't see it going wrong.

I do wish I had a therapist i could do it with, but my only worry with stronger psychedelics is psychosis (not mushrooms, I know those would be fine, but could be less likely to be pleasant). I just can't see 2cb even provoking any sort of anxiety, only providing the mild perception shift I need.

Even if it doesn't help me at all, at the very least I could maybe be able to enjoy it recreationally again as psychedelics are something I dearly miss.

I don't think PTSD or depression or anxiety are exactly contraindicated with psychedelics, especially something light like 2cb. Now if I do happen to be bipolar, this experiment may well be the defining factor and hopefully I don't wind up dead (that fear only comes from experiencing quite a few drug induced psychosis most always from amphetamines, and being misdiagnosed as bipolar)

I also posted though because I was curious if its the insights gleamed from psilocybin that make it useful for depression or anxiety, or if its pharmacological in nature. I know 2cb will be a lot less insightful but I find the clarity of mind can sometimes be better for introspection than foggyheqded psilocybin. But if it is pharmacological (i have felt better after mushroom trips for weeks or months in the past over much more minor issues, also from mescaline cactus and even lsd), I wonder if phenethylamine psycheedelics have the same effect.

I haven't tripped since being sexually assaulted (while on 50ug) (and another time that happened sober) other than on mescaline which i seriously muted with pregabalin and benzos, to the point that it was purely hedonistic. A ton of other difficult stuff that preoccupied my mind and is emotionally painful also happened since I last tripped.

Mescaline would probably be better for what I'm going for here healing wise, but I find 2cb (from my 50-100 times using it but not in over 5 years) can still be a little bit helpful and just as safe as far as gentleness goes, if not being even more forgiving. I just really don't have the stomach for cactus or even a TAE anymore.

Last edited:
I really can't see it going wrong.

I really hate being that guy, but these are often the famous last words before something going wrong. Just be careful and have someone with you, and I would see how you feel with one powerful psychedelic before you introduce another into your recipe.

Not that I'm perfect and have never fucked myself over, but just one cautionary outlook from another user never hurts.

I really hate being that guy, but these are often the famous last words before something going wrong. Just be careful and have someone with you, and I would see how you feel with one powerful psychedelic before you introduce another into your recipe.

Not that I'm perfect and have never fucked myself over, but just one cautionary outlook from another user never hurts.
Oh the ketamine? I react very well to ketamine, I haven't been dead set on trying them together but I was thinking of like, starting off the day with a gram of K and halfway through it taking the 2cb. Or even just taking the 2cb right after the ketamine is gone as I usually have a huge afterglow.

Unfortunately there is no one I trust enough or can take drugs around anywhere within 200 miles of where I live, so ill be doing it alone. I'm going to go to an isolated spot in nature that I discovered (takes me an hour to get there on my moped lol).

I'm going with 2cb this time because I don't see even the worst trip on 2cb convincing me to do something like, drive a moped or a car, so, having the benzos on hand (3mg Xanax down the hatch if things go wrong) will be useful.

2cb was never very mentally intense for me. Now my brain chemistry has changed dramatically since then, but on 2cb I didn't really run into any mental difficulties or consider it a "super powerful psychedelic". It can get very visual, but thats usually the extent if it. The one time it was difficult for me I think was dosage related although even taking 75mg once I wasn't overwhelmed mentally

Imo you can't go into a trip hoping it will provide you all these insights, to then taking ketamine first (dissociation is literally dissociation).
I'd do it without, will be safer too.
Yeah or maybe the next day or something? I dunno i was thinking the afterglow would go splendid with it.. and that they'd go really well together. The K might make it less insightful sure but also probably less anxiety

See, I could take 1mg Xanax and 25mg 2cb and I have no doubt in my mind I could handle it and I could do it at home or in public or whatever. But the Xanax will prevent theheads pace, the euphoria. I'm just wondering if the euphoria is strong enough when coming from a really murky heads pace

For those kinds of things and the severity you describe I would say you're better off seeking other forms of therapy first, then possibly returning to this idea. Diving headfirst into the deep unseen part of your brain is not always the best answer, you'll likely end up bringing more pain to the surface if you don't know precisely what it is you're doing and why.

LSD has helped me immensely, but only while I was in the "right place" already. Psilocybin seems to have an inherent antidepressant effect at lower doses, but that chemical has put me through a lot. I can confidently say that I am not, have never, and probably won't be ready for a mushroom trip for a good while.
Of course, i wouldn't dare take lsd right now. I would consider psilocybin, but even that I'm not sure I'm ready for. I would think that 2cb would also be a rapid acting antidepressant like psilocybin.

Imo you can't go into a trip hoping it will provide you all these insights, to then taking ketamine first (dissociation is literally dissociation).
I'd do it without, will be safer too.
I get plenty of insights from ketamine. Used to more than I do now due to tolerance, but they don't call it "philosophers heroin" for nothing

Of course, i wouldn't dare take lsd right now. I would consider psilocybin, but even that I'm not sure I'm ready for. I would think that 2cb would also be a rapid acting antidepressant like psilocybin.

I looked it up and 2cb euphoria/antidepressant effects come from it's phenethylamine side, which is a class I see a lot of psychedelic amphetamines under. That leads me to believe it's more of an "in the moment realization that makes sense only at that moment" type of psychedelic. As you can tell by my ambiguous language I don't know much nor have I tried 2cb, so do with that what you will.

Psilocybin's antidepressant effects (via microdose) are harder to explain, I feel them for almost a week afterwards. It's like nothing is different except your brain has some kind of anti-negativity shield, where bad thoughts feel like they literally bounce off of you. Like I said full-on trips have been a net negative for me, but microdosing pure psilocybin is very effective.

I hope you get what you want though, from my reading about 2cb over the years and mostly right now, it sounds like the perfect psychedelic. I'm sure if you trip on it in a nice set and setting (and appropriate use/non-use of anything else you mentioned possibly adding) you'll get something from it.

See, I could take 1mg Xanax and 25mg 2cb and I have no doubt in my mind I could handle it and I could do it at home or in public or whatever. But the Xanax will prevent theheads pace, the euphoria. I'm just wondering if the euphoria is strong enough when coming from a really murky heads pace

This to me sounds like a better idea, those doses and a quiet place in nature. Then evaluate and adjust from there.

If you are set on taking either the 2c-B and/or the Ketamine do you have a friend or family member who you can be around in case things go wrong?

Do you have someone you can call or talk to if things go bad?
No, not really. The last of my remaining supports is intolerant of any drug use whatsoever and does not differentiate between a psychedelic experience and a meth psychosis. The others who do, have enough going on in their own lives (you know, multiple children etc), perhaps I could try to have someone available for a call, but I wouldn't count on it.

No, not really. The last of my remaining supports is intolerant of any drug use whatsoever and does not differentiate between a psychedelic experience and a meth psychosis. The others who do, have enough going on in their own lives (you know, multiple children etc), perhaps I could try to have someone available for a call, but I wouldn't count on it.

This is a websiteive I've heard of before with harm reduction info as well as an online trip sitter service. If you need help you can talk to them online. I personally haven't used it, but it's better than nothing.