Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2CB and SSRI interactions?

lortap

Bluelighter
2cb

Is there any problem taking 2cb while using an SSRI? Thanks for your help!

I don't know of any contraindictions, nor have I ever heard of any... But someone else may?

Are you talking about a prescribed, regular SSRI scheme, or using an SSRI as a comedown measure? (i.e. after MDMA)

I looked for some time to find info on the metabolism and pharmacology of 2-CB. I found this paper on In vivo metabolism of 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B) in the rat: identification of urinary metabolites but very little else of significance.

I guess the main concerns are possible metabolism or enzymatic actions which may be contraindicated. The best thing could be to start by looking at the metabolic processes involved with the SSRI in question before comparing to what is known of the metabolism of 2-CB.

I would exercise a strong degree of caution when any drug combination is considered, but more so when one (or more) of those drugs may have unexplained or undiscovered actions, and most of the 2C compounds, at present fit that category.

Thanks for your help guys, the SSRI is Citalopram and is being taken for its prescribed purpose for just over 2 weeks.
I have been searching for info myself, but havent been able to find any answers. Has anyone on a regular SSRI scheme had one of these triangles? -> http://www.pillreports.com/viewpill.php3?id=38697

hey dude good to see u r concerned with interactions :0 i have been using ssri's for the past 3 weeks lovan infact and combined with the use of bermuda triangles i noticed nothing different and no interactions. Imo the triangles thought to be something from the 2c familly felt the same whilst not on ssri's as they did whilst on the combination

these bermuda triangles are NOT 2CB..... if you plan to take SSRI's with these triangles, make sure you have a sober mate with you to ring 000 just in case ;)

I would want to see the established routes of metabolism for 2C-B before I'd say anything about the practice being safe. So far I've found nothing definitive, even with animals.