Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-C (45mg orally/3rd time) - Sensual Depth

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
2C-C - Third (real) time, 45mg orally - Strong +++

Apologies for the choppy and disjointed writing and the skipping around in time—that was a feature of my cognitive state during the experience. Also, this experience is wildly inconsistent with most people’s experiences at this low of a dosage. I have no clue why.

Background:
Experiences with several dozens of different psychedelics

Setting:
Had a large meal a bit before 9am. Haven't eaten since. Did have some kava kava at noon to wake up (it has a paradoxical effect on me,) but the effects took a while to come on and were subtle--might still have had some stuff in my stomach. Can't tell two hours later, because the kava suppressed my appetite. I suspect that I am hungry, so it's a good time to take some 2C-C. I feel a little anxious stimulation from the kava, maybe the two cups of tea at breakfast and the 100mg tab of caffeine after. I may take a booster (possible via insufflation) or I may combine with 4-HO-DiPT

1:55 45mg 2C-C taken orally on empty stomach along with 2 tablets of magnesium (I wonder if this affected tolerance somehow?)

2:15 Drank some chocolate milk with half and half added. Don't want my blood sugar to crash

2:25 Felt something slowly rise early on, but I'm at 1 +/- now. It's slow despite the emptyish stomach. Concerned this might be a bust like last time given the slow development. I actually feel a little hungover, which is possible from last night, but a bit of late and unlikely development. This passes quickly.

2:36 Yep, that was the onset. Slow rise.

The erotic happened. At length. Was spectacular, despite the weird metallic nausea. I nearly stopped when while receiving oral sex with my eyes closed, I kept being pulled into visionary narratives of ancient Egyptian snake gods. All in all, definitely one of the best sets of multiple orgasms I've ever had, and the rest was great, too. It was incredibly sensual, but I was actually almost too attuned to my body's sensuality.

I had some nitrous, but didn't get anywhere with it.

At some point I shoved down a mandarin orange and some peanut butter through mild nausea.

6:15 Still at a rollicking +++, but finally plateaued. Definitely a little sick relative to 2C-B, but the yin is partly an asset. Vastly deeper. Spent a long time contemplating dharma questions.

Nausea earlier. It was strong, just like with DOC. I was almost anxious, but not quite. Unanticipated. Considered benzo, but not seriously. Decided to embrace. Went for a long hike.

Visuals were overwhelming. Swamped with fractal ferns, stuttering, gold DMT latticework unfurlings, quadruple afterimages, sick-making tracers and points of light. Lots of rainbows and neon. I remember staring at the hill behind my house and admiring the way the visuals made all of the ferns on the hillside into green and purple interlacing fractals, while the trees above were a mess of twisty vines. Afterwards, I realized that there wasn't a single fern on that hill. When I sat in front of the mirror, my face and torso were covered in vibrant, neon hieroglyphs that erupted out into floating animated clockwork auras. Behind my closed eyes were animated engineering diagrams in thin, vibrantly colored lines. Quite interesting, but not as interesting as the OEVs at the time.

First rate psychedelic. A+. 2C-B is not comparable. This has depth not unlike mushrooms.

A little bit of gassiness and a little suggestion of congestion, but nothing like 2C-B. The nausea subsided after the lemon oil and the time outside in the cold.

I finally managed to make and eat some spinach tortellini and marinara. Felt better. Had to lay down and power down for a while, almost nap. I think that's the way of this. Lots of little naps. It was a lot of experience already, and I'm tired. I can't believe (a) so little time has passed (b) I'm still tripping so hard, if much less than the outlandish peak. I would LOVE a non-alcoholic beer right now. My brain distinctly does not want anything inflammatory like alcohol, but I'd love the malty carbs. (I might grab some chocolate milk)

There was a lot of unpleasantness to this experience, some sick-feeling body load, disorientation, feelings of discomfort and unease, feeling hot and cold and prickly, nausea, etc. that aren't present with 2C-B, but the trade-off is muuuuuuch greater depth. I was able to (while hiking, walking, sitting, laying down outside) move through the space, appreciating the cold and the light and the smells, and so much as well. I didn't dwell in the enjoyable or the unpleasant sensory and somatic aspects of the experience, just inhabited the space between them observing them. I did all of this by myself. I think this might have been harder if I had to be with someone else instead of allowing myself the time to be in my own personal cognitive space.

Despite eating, I'm STARVING.

I enjoyed listening to the white tail deer bugling at each other, and the squirrels warning them that I was laying down below.

I don't feel sedated, but I do feel worn out. This has been a rewarding and fulfilling experience of the type I haven't had in a long time. I don’t have any idea why people find this sedating. It’s a little jittery at the start, but I don’t find it sedating at all.

I spent a lot of time mulling over whether or not the direct path of dzogchen or zen overlapped with the enlightenment of progressive paths.

For being somewhat clearheaded, there is no doubt that this is a full and rich +++ with the potential to go wherever I need it to go and some places I'd rather not too, I imagine. This is more yin than yang, more lunar than solar—but it’s not extreme, as with DOC. There has been no indication of difficulty apart from some mild unease with the unexpected intensity. I know that I could not maintain around people in any capacity--I can't even interact on facebook or properly process it right no. Trip notes have taken a distant sideline to my direct experience.

Getting a couple of glasses of chocolate milk in me fixed me right up.

7:30 I had a weird, confronting nitrous experience. So nitrous is always about the emergence of duality from nothing, consciousness emerging from non-duality as there become a subject and an object. As I watched my consciousness leave, I kept reflexively going self-referential, evaluating myself. This is where a lot of humor comes from, the perceived other, the viewer or external evaluator. But in this particular case, I was aware of myself as the subject. The subject of the experiment. The experimental subject. And then Donnie Darko rabbit masks in the light fixtures in the ceiling started aggressively pointing and chanting you! you! you! at me. This subsided rather quickly, turning from unpleasant to amusing anecdote in less than five seconds. I don’t know what to make of this totally uncharacteristic nitrous experience.

This does feel a little inflammatory in the head, kind of like alcohol. I don’t care for that.

My friend, who experienced next to no visuals, a veeeeery slow, long comeup, and a comparatively mild experience was still tripping fairly hard. However, they started getting weird sinus pangs that they couldn't describe and an unpleasant headspace. After trying distraction, they determined that they were struggling with the comedown of this and wanted to abort, taking 10mg of Valium. This, surprisingly, is the first time they have ever aborted a trip.

7:40 Time dilation continues to be strong. I continue to be in a good (if gassy) headspace. Decidedly in the decline, but still a solid if no longer visual ++.

9:30 Almost down. I don't think I can sleep yet, but I'd consider driving to the grocery store to get snacks if it weren't closed. I've been really hungry--must've run quite a deficit. My friend who had a much milder experience, but successfully aborted with benzos is going to bed. Hopefully I'll follow on. I had three capsules of fish oil for the brainflammation and am starting my second beer in hope of getting some sleep before work tomorrow.

Next day:
No real afterglow, but still could sort of access that clear and empty cognitive space that I spent so much time in. Slight inflammatory head feeling like a hangover, but mild. T

Next week:
There was no afterglow or feeling of revitalization, nor did I feel burnt out or drained. The insights were there, valid, and remain, but it didn't work on anything at a deeper energetic level like mescaline does. In this respect, it's kind of unusual for a stronger material.

Retrospective:
Well, this surprised me. I had hoped for a stronger experience than the previous 45mg one, but this was muuuch stronger. This produced the strongest visuals that I can ever remember except for vaporized DMT. Quite archetypal ones, too. Maybe 4-AcO-MET could compare if I'd ever given it the attention and focus to test it, but this was something else. I had a hard time navigating through the woods behind my house, and that was well past the peak. Like my one experience on 30mg of 2C-D, this seems completely idiosyncratic. Most people do not describe experiences as intense, cognitively or visually, at any dosage--certainly not at a mere 45mg. I would have imagined this to be reasonable but unlikely at 80-120mg, but I guess I just got lucky. My friend may have gotten to a ++ at plateau, but probably not. I'd rate this material extremely highly for depth, insight, and beauty. It wasn't exactly transparent on the body or always easy to navigate, but the payoff was high. I don't think my friend will ever try it again, so that may be the end of the road for me for a while, but I would like to try it rectally, insufflated, and nebulized...

Unfortunately for me, I had another experience with it three or four weeks later--just a 5mg +2mg insufflated dose--that left me with some misgivings.

It burned, but not quite as bad as 2C-B and with no apparent damage to my nasal mucosa.The onset was much slower than 2C-B, and wasn't anxious or alarming at all comparitively. Colors became more rich, but I blew right past the enjoyable sensuality of the comeup before i could enjoy it. The headspace was light, and I was in the plateau before I knew it. The plateau was just easygoing headspace. This gave way in very little time--maybe an hour--to a feeling of brain inflammation just like my last 2C-C experience. It feels pretty much just like my brain feels when I'm hungover. Not quite to the point of headache, but just a feeling of irritation and discomfort in my head, like a headache is going to start. The headache that I get from 2C-D is a lot less alarming, because it doesn't resemble a hangover, and I know that hangovers are associated with alcohol's neurotoxicity. This was weird and unsettling to get from 2C-C more than once, and I wonder if this is the uncomfortable somatic sensation that my friend was really bothered by (but couldn't articulate) on our shared experience. It could easily have been my favorite 2C-X--low levels are incredibly sensual, high levels are clearheaded, deep, and incredibly visual, what's not to like? Unfortunately, this makes me pretty uncomfortable with it.

Thanks for the report. :) I agree that 2C-C has more depth than 2C-B, for sure. I recently acquired 2C-B after many years since I had some and I do love it, I find it extremely recreational and pleasurable, but it has no depth (except when combined with LSD, or dissociatives), but 2C-C gives me useful introspection almost every time, even when I take it recreationally. I haven't had an experience as strong as what you seem to be describing though.

Man I don't even know what drug this shit is. I snort bomb meth and that's enough for me. I get hullicinations of meth when I mix it with Adivan and Restoril.

Interesting! I knew meth could cause hallucinations, but I didn't think people usually enjoyed them.

2C-C was invented by Alexander Shulgin a few decades ago, I believe. It's chemically similar to mescaline, the most active constituent of peyote.

I recently acquired 2C-B after many years since I had some and I do love it, I find it extremely recreational and pleasurable, but it has no depth (except when combined with LSD, or dissociatives.)

I'm pretty lukewarm on 2C-B, mostly because of the low sleep quality I get afterwards. It's a pretty different experience for me than what most people describe: not super visual (unless insufflated) not super sensual, and prone to anxiety and tension. Pleasant enough, but if recreation is the goal, I'll take 5-MeO-MiPT over it every time. My cat, which generally dislikes the vibe of me on psychedelics, doesn't even register this one. Incidentally, it LOVED to snuggle whenever I used to use DMT

Last edited:
2C-C is one of the oldest research chemicals. Meth hallucinations are completely different from psychedelic hallucinations.

It was invented back in the 70s I believe.