Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] First Time

pimmeldisko

Bluelighter
Hello folks.

About me: expirienced MDMA user, used to do shrooms way back, now wanna try 2C-B.

I have a capsule with 20mg 2C-B. But I´m not sure where and when I should do it. I usually do drugs in clubs when partying. New years eve would be an option. But is 2C-B good for that, or will I get too fucked up and make a fool off myself? There will be people I know, I cant look to high...

Also, what exactly should I expect with 20mg? Will I trip balls or is it controlable? Does the high come with a lot of happy feelings like shrooms, or is it just a visual high? Can I bone on it, or is there no way?

I´m thankfull for all advise.

2c-b can be quite fun out clubbing or at a party, it can definitely be a more social psychedelic. If it's your first time and you don't know how it will affect you though (everyone's different) it may be wiser to take it in a calmer/safer environment. Especially if you are worried about not seeming high, that is always a major buzzkill and I'd rather just trip somewhere where I don't have to hide it.

For me, 20 mg is a light to medium dose - definitely tripping but its pretty under control. But again everyone is different, I've had friends trip their asses off on less than 20 mg, though these friends also tend to be more sensitive to psychedelics. It definitely has a euphoric push, and you can definitely bone on it (it will be amazing).

Thanks, thats basicaly all I needed to know. I usually dont have problems hiding that I´m high. I do MDMA a lot at partys. I just say I´m very drunk and I´m good. Just want to make sure I wont be freaking out or something. But I tried lots of drugs, and I was always able to handle it well.

One more thing: How long does it take to kick in and how long will it last? Just so I can plan my night.

Still not sure if I will do it on monday...the alternative would be MDMA, but I just did MDMA 3 days ago -.-

It usually has an onset between 45-75 minutes and lasts 4-6 hours. Figures taken from Erowid.

The coming up can be rough though. Nausea is pretty common as is an intense bodyload.

And if you react sensitive, 20mg would break your cover between unknowing people.
That said it is an amazing substance. But I would not do it in this kind of setting.

if you wanna trip really hard then plug it. for me 10mg plugged feels like 20 oral

takes 30 mins to kick in and lasts about 3hours

Yeah, it seems like a bad idea to do it at a crowded new years eve party. Guess I´ll wait a week and try it at home and see what it does before going to a bar or club.

Uh...em...plugging...nah dude ;-)

^^ Probably the best idea. Personally I like 2c-b more for a relaxed trip at home than at a party anyway. It can be a very nice calm zen feeling, good for just going for a walk or listening to some music.

Hello folks.

About me: expirienced MDMA user, used to do shrooms way back, now wanna try 2C-B.

I have a capsule with 20mg 2C-B. But I´m not sure where and when I should do it. I usually do drugs in clubs when partying. New years eve would be an option. But is 2C-B good for that, or will I get too fucked up and make a fool off myself? There will be people I know, I cant look to high...

Also, what exactly should I expect with 20mg? Will I trip balls or is it controlable? Does the high come with a lot of happy feelings like shrooms, or is it just a visual high? Can I bone on it, or is there no way?

id usually advise someone taking a psychedelic for the first time to do it on their own in a carefully planned, safe setting.

this really isnt the case for 2C-B. at least for me, i never get nearly as anxious on 2C-B as i do with other psychs. do yourself a favor and make sure its a really liberal, ravey, club. it really helps if there is a "chillout" room, or if there is a nice quiet place outside where you can wind down if you need to. after an hour or so start bombing some rolls or mahl if you are really trying to party. best combo ever. every trip on 2C-B i have had has been super manageable, but i have a bit of experience with psychedelics. i havent come across any legitimate 2C-B in a couple years but i LOVE it for shows, festivals, raves etc.

ive done it quite a bit and have witnessed many other people use it. only one time did i see a bad mental reaction (physical reactions can be a bit rocky for some people, eat a small but hearty meal a few hours before). a dude who took 20mg with me camping totally lost the plot for a few hours. had to reassure him he was a human, his name, where we were, etc. id say make sure you have someone you trust and cares around just in case, even though this is least likely to happen with 2C-B IMO. i am not sure if there are testing kits that can differentiate between 2C's. i have found in the last few years most of the time people are passing off 2C-I and 2C-E as B (usually unknowingly), so do be careful.

also do not snort it. do NOT. bring some girl friends. dress comfortably and dance-friendly. happy trails!! wish i had some!

EDIT: if you are worried about people knowing that you are tripping, it might not be too wise to do it there. you wanna get loose and have a great time! not worry about what other people think!

I highly recommend 2C-B for NYE - it is very friendly and forgiving at doses equal to and below your dose range.

It will be very controllable - it works by weight, and when I used to do it, 20mg would get me tripping for about 6 hours, very easy, comprehensible, social, and most of all the least andxiety I have ever experienced from ANY psychedelic.

It will be a nice feeling, plsu visuals, but not too many at 20mg.

You will seem happy most likelyu, your pupils won't dilate too much.
Hello folks.

bone on it? Yeah dude having sex on 2C-s is nice.

Also don't listen to the guy who says don't snort it - it is great to snort because it is active at such small doses. however from your 20mg if you were going to pour it out you would maybe get half. Much better to do with pure powder - you can rub it into the inside of your nose where it will throb, scab over after being absorbed and that will disappear after a few days to a week.

My fave 2C-B trip was when I snorted 40mg.

I highly recommend 2C-B for NYE - it is very friendly and forgiving at doses equal to and below your dose range.

It will be very controllable - it works by weight, and when I used to do it, 20mg would get me tripping for about 6 hours, very easy, comprehensible, social, and most of all the least andxiety I have ever experienced from ANY psychedelic.

It will be a nice feeling, plsu visuals, but not too many at 20mg.

You will seem happy most likelyu, your pupils won't dilate too much.
bone on it? Yeah dude having sex on 2C-s is nice.

Also don't listen to the guy who says don't snort it - it is great to snort because it is active at such small doses. however from your 20mg if you were going to pour it out you would maybe get half. Much better to do with pure powder - you can rub it into the inside of your nose where it will throb, scab over after being absorbed and that will disappear after a few days to a week.

My fave 2C-B trip was when I snorted 40mg.

im my experience 2C-B burnt worse than any other drug out there, and the burning lasted for a good half an hour, of straight tears and wanting to vomit. if you are going to do this it comes on VERY fast, VERY hard. might not be a good idea for someone not experienced with psychedelics, especially in a club. but if thats what you are aiming for, go for it

also yes, ANYTHING physical/sexual is incredible on 2C-B. bodies against bodies feel fantastic.

im my experience 2C-B burnt worse than any other drug out there, and the burning lasted for a good half an hour, of straight tears and wanting to vomit.

QFT. It is general consens to not sniff 2c-b because of this. Also the duration is much shorter and the side effects are more pronounced which makes the onset unbearable for me.
40mg snorted also is a fucking massive dose!!

And just because you could control 20mg easily does not mean the OP will. I tripped with two friends on 20mg and while I could have taken a little more, one only had a + and the other a strong +++. 2c-b varies greatly between different individuals so taking 20mg for your first time at a public setting could result in an uncomfortable experience.
And that would be a pity :)

i snorted about 40mg and i didnt find it all that uncomfortable, i mean i would do it again without a second thought.

ModNote: 40mg is a large dose of 2C-B even orally. Snorting tends to be about twice as potent and is very painful. See erowid's dosage suggestions for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the hangover after 2C-B? Will I be able to sleep after it wears off and be active the next day — or should I expect a hangover or at least a very slow day, like after MDMA.

Just asking, because I usually go to the gym on sundays...but not sure if thats a good idea after doing 2C-B the night before.

I've never had any trouble sleeping 6 hours after the dose and if I'm not sleep deprived then I feel absolutely fine the next day. I'd certainly have no qualms about going to the gym.

I just acquired some 2C-B as well, I'll be trying a 10mg dose in a few days with a few friends. I have heard many stories of people who are very sensitive or very insensitive to it so we wanted to start low with it. Whoever isnt feeling much might smoke a few bowls and take a roll. Report back about your experience and I'll try to remember to do so as well.

Have fun, it should be more mildly MDMA like (but more tactile) with enhancement / augmentation of sensations around that dose rather than actually trippy / psychedelic. :)

[this thread was subthreadified since we are missing this particular one]

My experience with 2c-b is that the trip is nice and mild (for me, particularly. My 2 friends were completely tripping balls), but it seems to be very harsh and hard on the body.

The reason I think that, is that me and all my friends who took it got bad stomach cramps a couple of hours into our trip, some of us got diarrhea. I snorted some and it really really hurt bad. The following two days after taking it, both times I took it, I was completely drained of energy and got very early nights.

Not trying to scare you. I doubt that anything will happen that you won't quickly recover from, but it is prob pretty tough on your body, prob why it's taken in such tiny amounts.

Anyway I thought I should tell you about those things. Having said that, have a ball, enjoy yourself and forget about the downsides...that's what drugs are all about =)

I always got really nauseous from shrooms, but I never minded it. Kinda made me laugh. I will see what happens. I got the flu and I´m on antibiotics right now, so I wont be taken the 2C-B this weekend anyway.

So, after waiting for weeks for the perfect oportunity...I say F*** it and I´m gonna try it today. I did MDMA last night and now I´m at home, bored and a bit tired. Bad set? I feel like doing something trippy.

I will stay at home, listen to music and see what happens. Maybe go for a walk if I feel like it.

I ate 1,5 hours ago, so I will wait another hour and drop a 20mg capsule. I will keep you posted with a trip report. Just so I have something to do. Any last advise?

Tripreport: My 1st time on 2C-B.

Set: I did MDMA at a club last night. No comedown, no hangover. I´m just a little tired and bored.
Setting: Home alone. Will listen to music and walk up and down the apartment, like I always do.

07:30 I just dropped a 18-20mg capsule. I ate 2 hours ago but I´m hungry again, so I assume my stomach is empty enough. Now I wait. I expect it to kick in after 45 mins.

08:15 Nothing yet. I hate this vacuum between taking a drug and waiting for it to kick in. Especialy when I don´t know what to expect. Guess I will turn on the music and try to set the mood.

08:30 Feeling a bit funny. Maybe upcoming nausea. I decided to go for a walk.

09:00 Hmm...well...I´m a bit disappointed. Maybe I feel a little fucked. Maybe a little nausea...but really not much. Colors are warmer and brigther, vision is blurry. Thought I would be really fucked by now. I´m considering railing a little bit, maybe 5-10mg in half an hour if the effects dont get stronger.

09:30 Ok...so I´m pretty fucked. Watching TV and feeling well overall. Blurry vision, hard to focus. Not what I expected, but it´s nice. I will put the music back on and see if it gets trippy-er. Oh, and I´m having a beer. I will decide at 10:00 if I will rail a bump. Probably not.

09:45 My apartment is a cold, cold place. This is due to the fact that it´s poorly isolated — and I´m really really cold. But yeah, I feel good. Usually when I´m trippin I get obsesed with me in the mirror, and thats happening. Not uber-strong, but it´s quite an experience overall. Not as trippy as I though it would be. I´m completely "here", not drifting off. I will rail 5-10mg at 10:00. Now I really want to get this going.

10:00 Oh what a terrible, terrible substance to rail. Burns like hell. I guess I got a little cocky here railing 10mg. Oh well. I´m hungry. ... ok, railing it had quite an effect. Lights flashing in front of my eyes and stuff. And my face is all red. Thats spookie. I will sit down and watch an episode of....some sitcom.

From this point on I cant keep up with the timeline. I´m having loads of fun with visuals. Cant describe em well, my english no es bueno. But it´s like everything is delayed. It pulls it´s own shaddow. But I definitely need to be lieeing down at this point. I wish I had more beer. Maybe I´ll have to go on an adventure later? It´s still burning in my nose like hell. I think thats why my face is all red.

Three words: Downloading. Fear and loathing in las vegas. Righ now. I lied about the three words. Super fun, totally fucked. It´s 10:15. That all happened very fast.

Haha...colors are constantly fading. Blue, red, green...even on peoples faces on TV. Fun. Nasuea is getting stronger. I have to put the internet away and start enjoying this more.

10:45 Trying to keep it together. Body feelings are kinda intense. Always between nausea and a weird metalic taste. The visuals are crazy. Colors fading, shadows, contours. Right now I´m watching TV, keeping it together. But I will go back to what I did before...sit in the kitchen and see the floors dance. The visuals are just like a LSD trip is pictured on TV. But it´s only visuals. I can totally keep it together. I will now put on music and sit in a corner and watch stuff. I think I´ll rail another 10mg at some point. It would be soooo great if it was warmer and I could go hang outside. I should go outside. If i rail some more, I have to do that. Outside.

11:15 Railing another 10mg now. Lets see if thats a bad idea. Right now I´m walking around in my apartment, iPod on and generally trippin. But actually, it´s 90% visuals. Whenever I sit down and watch something it gets really crazy. Wish I could go out, but sooo cold. Looking in a mirror is a bad idea. I look freakishly weird.

02:15 Just came home. So...I forget, it´s carnival season here. Streets are loaded with highly intoxicated people in costume. So yeah, I spent the last few hours walking arboind in several layres of cloathing, drinking beers and just enjoying myself. I will finish me report tomorrow. but it will sound like: strong visuals, and I dosed super heavy and than spent the night avoiding the peaks. Now TV and peace.

I will update this throughout the night. Tips, questions and general comunication is very welcome.

Last edited:
Have fun, and be sure to write down some keywords to reconstruct your experience later so that you don't have to disrupt the trip too much to complete a report. :)

If this turns into a nice and full report we can eventually move it over to the TR section and link it here.