View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] Comparisons of 2C-B to Other Substances

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-B thread in which to discuss comparisons of 2C-B to other substances. Please direct all such questions to this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

morninggloryseed said:
2C-D may be lacking the visuals, but makes up for it mentally.

The SPARKLES and the stars and bars! What do you mean 2CD lacks visuals!? Maybe you just haven't taken a high enough dose???

Everyone's brain is different (in some manner), but I found 2CD visuals to be the best now from B, D, and E.

Peace out home skillet! =D

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Better than 2C-E? Interesting... I've never had any visuals really even compare to my best 2C-E visuals, from anything.

samadhi_zophen said:
I want to try 2CC, 2CT21, 2CT2, 2CT7, 2CI, and 2CP before I care to finalize my opinion. And I want to do 2CD again! But first I want to do 2CB high dose and 2CE higher dose! Yeayuh!

You sound like me! ...careful. Tolerance can be a bitch and it's easy to cross the line where you're starting to develop it slowly, once you start loving it 100% and it's not scary anymore.

And I do know exactly what you mean. 2C-E's visuals are very organic (although like an organic machine). 2C-B/D/I are more neon-like, just overlaying patterns and the like. 2C-E's seem to emerge from within.

I would also be willing to bet that the pitch-black helped it tremendously. My 2C-E trips have been in the dark/at night, and wow! I can't imagine 2C-D topping that just because of the sheer complexity and scope of 2C-E's visual display.

morninggloryseed said:
But 2C-B was just ho-hum for me. I think its best for concerts, or just for an afternoon in bed with an intimate partner. It is really the only psychedelic I consider to be "recreational."

Then again, I'm generally disappointed with 2C-B..it doesn't hold any water to 2C-D, 2C-E, and 2C-T-7.

I find 2C-B just as recreational as MDMA. And, I think the reason you were disappointed in it is the fact that you tried the stronger PEAs first, and thus had a much higher expectation of 2C-B than what it can provide. It is easily a more forgiving PEA than the three you listed, but that doesn't lessen it's use IMO. It just means that you prefer much stronger mental PEAs. YMMV though, so what do I know? 8)

^My 2c-e visuals were much more intense and pattern like than my 2c-b visuals. This could be due to a number of things. The most obvious is that I may not have even comsumed 2c-b or 2c-e. I got both from some guy I've never met before or since. Second, if I in fact had 2c-b and 2c-e, it's possible I got the 2 mixed up. Third is that I may have had doses that were completely different that what I was told.
*However*, from the trip reports and other documents I've read about 2c-band 2c-e, I'm pretty sure I consumed both and did't get them mixed up.

i find 2CB great, it gives me the warmth of MDMA,, the acid like visuals, although much more refined for me (though i have yet to try a big dose of LSD)... i like how i am down by the 6th hour and there is no comedown whatsoever, everything feels great, i can eat off it after the peak and although i feel it lacks depth it makes up in visuals :)

Krowsnose said:
I'm sure it will be different for every user, but my question is whether this drug puts you in an "aimless" state afterwards, and if so, for how long? The one thing I've always detested with the majority of psychedelics is a great sense of lack of ambition and aimlessness that seems to last a few days after the trip. I'll often have to reevaluate myself and goals and what not which gets annoying. That basic feeling after shrooms or acid can be worked around, but it's definitely the worst with ecstasy which got me feeling unlike myself for a good long while after using. I guess this feeling of aimlessness can be translated into depression for some, so does it do either of the two?
I definitely get this 'aimless' feeling you mention with MDMA and other similar chemicals, but 2CB is VERY different from MDMA. I have a feeling of contentment and satisfaction after the experience, as if I am very at peace.

I also will mention some of my most productive work weeks have come after 2C-x experiences.

how does 2cb compare to the effects of 2ce and 2ci?

or what page of this thread would that answer be on thanks, ill delete this post with a quick answer :)

You should check erowid.org and read the trip reports for each.

I also found 2CB to be devoid of a real mindfuck, like with mindfucking mushrooms or LSD. I found the visuals to be amazing (I did it with a dose of about 100-150ug LSD) and the best ones ive ever had, and I felt like I was rolling. It is def more of a recreaitonal, be here and now, living in the present, breathing life, indulging in the senses, begins so damn happy to be alive, kind of drug, which is still great and has its own place.

To which extent can effects of 2c-b be compared to effects of MDMA (+visual tripping) or in which aspect do they differ drastically? I expect (first timer) something completely similar as MDMA + visuals (since erowid mentions it "a synthetic psychedelic that first gained popularity as a legal Ecstasy replacement"

When I am on 2CB, I feel as though I am rolling on MDMA, with a psychedelic side to it. It is not nearly as introspective as LSD or mushrooms for me but the MDMA, empathogenic, lovey dovey, rushes are gonna be there along with beautiful visuals and a nice touch of psychedelia.

When I'm doing MDMA I'm very confused *always*. I mostly start walking around a lot more noticeable than other people. I better not try 2c-b (even a low dose = 15mg) at a club, because I will be confused as hell then... Or will I not necessarily be confused as hells (visuals in mind)

I don't get the MDMA comparison at all. I've tried 2C-B three times now, firstly at 20mg, subsequently at 25mg, and didn't notice any real, pronounced euphoria on any occasion. Giggly, yes. Stimulated, yes. Happy? Hard to tell. Euphoric? Certainly not.

For me, 2C-B is intensely visual but in a weird way. Contrary to information I've been given, I find the visuals (particularly at 25mg) far less controllable than those of other psychedelics. I find myself unable to escape the visuals, but they have a distinctive, managable quality about them - intense, intricate patterns overlayed over my entire field of vision, extreme high-speed breathing and melting, and a sort of visual energy (hard to describe) emitting from every object in the surrounding area. It's almost like viewing the world through rippling water, with someone shining coloured lights at everything.

As long as you're in a safe environment, I wouldn't recommend bothering with anything below 20mg. It's a relatively 'safe' psychedelic but at anything below that dose it seemed only a mild amusement for me. The depth comes at higher doses. 20mg produced effects totally different to my subsequent doses - instead of breathing, the visuals produced were sharp, distinct, angular and contrasted. Objects appeared to become more 2D and get outlines, as if drawings in a cartoon. I laughed a lot and talked about how silly everything was. It was almost like being stoned, but with energy and slight visuals.

25mg has a certain depth to it, but the problem I find with that dose is that I struggle to make any sense of it. It's too analytical, too much of a surge of thoughts and realisations, so that everything just gets tangled up and I come away from it feeling amazed but confused slightly unfulfilled. Letting your mind wander on 25mg is one hell of a headfuck. At least this produces an element of safety to the trip - it's almost too confusing to really dwell on any thoughts and emotions. You just have to let it happen.

Perhaps my favourite aspect of 2C-B is its auditary effects. It really is spectacular. For me, this tends to creep in towards the latter part of the peak. The vivid sensation of audio speeding up, slowing down, echoing and even reversing is something I'm yet to experience on any other psychoactive. My least favourite aspect is the final 2 hours of a standard, 6-hour trip, which for me tends to be purely visual even when my mind is back on planet Earth. Feeling totally sober, drained and exhausted, but while everything still breathes and contorts around you, is pretty annoying and distracting when you just, frankly, want to go to bed.

A rather ill-advised mix with large lines of ketamine last week provided for one of the most surreal experiences of my life - almost like a 5-hour long salvia trip in a way. Scary, massively confusing, and not something I'd like to repeat in a hurry, but one hell of an experience nevertheless.

And as a final note, please do not expect it to be like MDMA. 2C-B is a real psychedelic. It's known for being gentle and euphoric, but it's a different type of experience than MDMA, entirely. MDMA forces euphoria on you, and 2C-B does not. 2C-B will change the way you think and might make you feel uncomfortable for a while, as psychedelics can do.

Basically, you can treat MDMA like a toy, but you should never treat 2C-B or any other psychedelic as a toy. If you are on MDMA and you take some more MDMA, it's just going to make the MDMA experience stronger. If you take 2C-B, it will totally change the nature of the experience and might become too much for you.
Well said, my friend. I agree with everything you said.

Also, I would recommend doing 2C-B by itself, with no MDMA, for your first psychedelic experience. After you are familiar with its effects, maybe you can add MDMA to the mix next time.

Do not expect it to be a "party drug" like MDMA... And don't redose/boost like people do with MDMA. Do it in a safe environment and you'll see what we're talking about. Just remember, if you are bad tripping or if it is too strong, you are NOT going to die no matter what you think (ESPECIALLY from 22mg orally). You will come back, and feel back to normal the next day.

PLEASE do not snort it.

Always remember.....it's only temporary insanity %)

Tell us how it goes!

Last edited:
xandre said:
To which extent can effects of 2c-b be compared to effects of MDMA (+visual tripping) or in which aspect do they differ drastically? I expect (first timer) something completely similar as MDMA + visuals (since erowid mentions it "a synthetic psychedelic that first gained popularity as a legal Ecstasy replacement"

The body high feels nothing like MDMA
Music sounds nothing like MDMA
Your thought process feels nothing like MDMA makes it
The visuals are different

I don't see many comparisons at all myself, other than they are both entactogens/empathogens

2cd was found to be more enjoyable on every level than 2cb. In fact, the reason for the first post was to add to the statements that run through this thread that 2cb is not a deep psychedelic (well I'm sure it is at insane doses). 2cb should be the tofu compound imo.

760rollz said:
So from what I've read on this thread 2c b is like a visualy intense LSA trip. Good visuals with out the head trip?

I can see where you might say that if you had no other points of comparison, but really 2C-B feels nothing like LSA. The similarities are that both can have a very nice body high and can increase empathy. But LSA lasts much, much longer and it has that crawling, lysergic quality to it. In my opinion they don't really feel similar at all. LSA is a more serious psychedelic and time commitment.

LSD vs. 2c-b?

I have dosed ...wow... I mean 100's of times over my life. Have always had a good freezer full of paper or liquid. . Things have slowed since I moved south. I brought plenty with me to tye me over. But I met alot of new people who have not dosed in yrs. so of course I shared my bounty. Well, now I'm left empty!!!! and all these new freinds are gone blabla bla. I'm lookin to start over ,I could not make any fests this summer. we just had baby boy!!! so, any way , I have not exserimented with the 2c's yet. Have done tons of reading and checkin which one looks like I may enjoy. @c-b sounds like the 'ol days of "clean" lucy. You could tell it was fresh. real happy up feeling with uncontrolible laughin!! I was at a fest last summer, me and my 'ol lady were walkin the paths with no flash lite, and we were lost. standing in the middle of a brook laughin our dumb asses off. Thing was a bunch of people were followin us because they were also lost!!! But that was "clean" lucy. I miss that so much!!
My questoin is ... is 2c-b like this clean , belly laughin type trip?
2c-e sounds good to. But I hav'nt read much about the laughin on it. Do you see what I mean. I really want to try these. I'm glad I found this site. Hip forrums did not answer my questoins vary good. I have gottin alot of good info here. thanks. If someone does'nt want to answer here for whatever reason. feel free to pm me. I have alot of questoins before I waste money lookin for a good source. no I'm not askin for sourse,just info.Need to fill freezer again. I'm not sharin with people who don't return favors anymore.
m Gave lucy out in christmas cards last year . That was fun . Had alot of people tell me they spent christmas day with a big smile on their face!!haha