• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-B - A blissful Thursday afternoon at home (with some mild bouts of paranoia)

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
A blissful Thursday afternoon at home (with some mild bouts of paranoia) - 2cb Trip Report

Background:

I came home from work early today and had the house for myself for the night so decided to take some 2cb. I had an extremely intense and slightly terrifying IM ketamine trip last night, which included amongst other things indescribable, me being quite physically sucked out of existence, sent streaming through the underworld, and being summoned by an agitated bunch of African tribesmen.

Although the experience itself was overall not very pleasant, in the post trip phase I was left feeling very open and positive, and went trough what felt like a sort of energetic cleansing procedure, also putting me back in touch with the playful mystery of life.

I hoped that my 2cb trip today would be able to help me harness and concretise this experience. I chose 2cb as opposed to my other options of LSD and Mushrooms, as I am still feeling a little bit drained and sensitive after last night, and because of the strong positive energetic push that is so characteristic of the substance. It turned out to be one of my more blissful and enjoyable 2cb trips, although some unforeseen circumstances led to some paranoia at parts. I thought I’d share it with you all on this lovely Thursday.
It is also just a little insight into some of the subjective effects of 2cb for any potential 2cb trippers out there.

The Trip:

I weighed out approximately 20mg. I say approximately because my scales aren’t quite sensitive enough to measure such small doses accurately. I’m saying 20mg from subjective experience of past trips, but it could have been 18 – 22mg really.

14.45: Invocation.

T+0.30: Went out and smoked a joint. Can feel the effects starting to creep in, a slight detached dreaminess starts to permeate the atmosphere as I step back into the sitting room. The sweet musky smell of incense fills the air as a sitar wails in the background.

T+0.45: There is some slight nausea and stomach discomfort, but nothing to severe. I can feel Eve begin to pour into my head, with some slight muscle tension signalling the coming of her presence.

T+0.50: I sat down and meditated, doing some mild yoga and letting the energy flow through me in blissful currents. I became engrossed in this for what I thought was a very long time, but what in looking at the clock now I realise it was for almost no time at all. Oh how subjective time can be.

T+1.00: Feeling very blissful and happy to just be.

T+1.15: went upstairs and lay in my bed for a while. The energy flowing through me was incredible and positive. I lay there rushing with ecstasy and gained some nice insight on the subjective merits of certain vices of mine. All colours are bright and vibrant in full Technicolor, and objects flow and seethe with rippling energy. This is panning out to be a truly beautiful experience.

It is worth pointing out that there has been some slight nausea throughout this phase. Nothing too distracting but hopefully it will settle down when the come up smoothes out a bit.

T+1.30: I hit a big pipe of hash and settle in to the trip. My nausea disappears almost instantly.

Sasha I cannot thank you enough, what a beautiful ally you have discovered.

T+2.00: There was a minor panic when one of the landlord’s workers pulled up in his van outside the house; I feared he might have to come into the house to do something. It was funny to see how quickly all the old game and ego models started crashing down on my consciousness. I instantly turned The incredible String Band off, hid my tobacco, weed, and skins, turned on the TV and put something socially acceptable on.

I also started mentally preparing myself for conversation to sound as normal as possible, while I in reality I was soaring in the higher realms, on a substance he’d probably never even heard of before. All the old game-rules, biases, and assumptions fell back down like a shackle across my mind, but this time I could see the shackle, and choose to remove it at will. I almost laughed at the absurdity of it all.

I retreated to the kitchen in some sort of weird hope that if I just ignored the situation it would go away, I sat on the floor wishing there where some way for me to devise a way of seeing around the corner and out the front window, allowing me to oversee the situation without myself being overseen. Alas there was none.
After a while I braved going back into the living room to check, and to my relief my prophecy had come true and the van was gone.

T+2.15: I decide to turn the TV off, put the music back on, smoke a joint, and settle back into the trip.

T+2.25: Good heavens, the van is back!

T+2.30: …and he’s gone again. I can’t help but feel some slight paranoia. Why does he keep coming here? What can he want? Is it safe to go out back and smoke a joint?

+2.45: I went out for the joint, and am now feeling rather peckish so I decide to cook up some pasta.

T+3.10: Shock horror the van is back yet again, and this time there is a ring on the doorbell. The man is here to fix the shower, so I let him inside. I think I pulled off the exchange alright, although my voice sounded slightly strained due to some pasta being lodged in my throat at the time. I sit stiffly on the couch pretending to watch TV as I hear him working away at the shower above me, making a lot of noise. I just pray the social interaction is kept to a minimum.
He came in to talk to me, to explain something about having to come back with a panel tomorrow, and I think I panicked and overcompensated for my anxiety by agreeing far too much, cutting across at awkward interjections. Oh well, the man seemed nice enough about it, probably just felt sorry for me, maybe I can try and overcompensate with normality next time I see him.

T+4.00: Spent the last while just drifting around in lazy contemplation. I am trying to decide whether to go down to the shop or not, I need to pick some things up, but a small mob of loud young men have taken to congregating outside my house and are causing me some anxiety. I am unsure of whether to just go out and face them, and probably be fine, or to hole up inside listening to them and fretting about what to do. ECCO are guiding some sure messages about my own social anxiety my way today.
The problem took care of itself and they left.

T+5.00: The journey to the shops went ok. The energy in the supermarket was almost overwhelming at points. I had a slightly awkward conversation with the man in the off license, and I was sure he took a double take at my pupils. But it was interesting to be around people, hearing them talk and getting a sense of their different reality tunnels.

On returning home I went upstairs to do something and got sidetracked lying in my bed in deep thought. Although the intensity of the experience has calmed down a lot, I am still in a very nice open state and plan to just spend the rest of it just smoking some bud and enjoying the evening.

Despite 2cb having a reputation as one of the milder and to some ‘lesser’ entheogens, today’s trip was a truly psychedelic and valuable experience. If used with the proper set and setting, and approached with openness, it can be a valuable tool to any psychonaut. Cannabis definitely helps accommodate this open state.

Although 2cb may not put you in touch with The Other, it definitely puts you in touch with yourself.

Over and out.

Last edited: