Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-B / 20-25mg & MXE / 40mg + 60mg - semi-experienced - Overflowing Body

specialspack

Bluelighter
Background: mid 30s male, average bodyweight, multiple experiences with a variety of psychedelics, yada yada... ;) 2C-B I have taken dozens of times in a huge variety of settings. I have only tried methoxetamine twice previously, at 50mg levels, but I have lots of experience of combining 2C-B with ketamine.

-------

10.30pm - Swallowed one and a half green "tic-tac" style 2C-B tablets, I believe they contain around 15mg, so my dose was ~20-25mg.

Watch the second half of a film, Chris Morris' "Four Lions".

11.30pm - starting to feel the first alerts of the 2C-B. I weigh out 40mg MXE, pour it under my tongue and hold it for five minutes, trying to swallow as little as possible. I gather some bits and bobs, cranberry juice and water. I sort out the lighting to a nice blue glow.

12pm - I'm starting to feel the effects of the 2C-B now, colours are richer and brighter. I roll a small hash spliff, on the cover of Peter Gilmore's "The Satanic Scriptures". Not that I've read it yet, but the Baphomet on the cover lends a certain tinge of ritual to proceedings. ;)

12.20pm - the 2C-B and MXE are both coming on quite strongly now. Typing is becoming difficult, as is reading the screen (I stop taking notes now). I start to feel quite dissociated - my body feels like a suit or armour. Closed eye smooth fractal visuals are pronounced, and open eye morphing and breathing is coming on.

There is a very strong body load. I feel charged with energy, the two substances are very synergistic, quite uncomfortable at times. I put on British Sea Powers "Man Of Aran" soundtrack.

I lean out of my bedroom window, smoking. The wind in the trees gusts, melding with the horns and strings in the music. Everything is alive and flowing out of the window, the trees and houses slipping, revealing themselves to be what they are - patterns in the Heraclitean flux. "Panta rei kai udon menai" - "there is nothing permanent except change".

The experience is intensifying, quite strongly - picking up the glass to drink is not difficult, but I am remarkably dissociated - I feel one with the glass and the cold liquid pouring down my throat, my whole universe becomes focused on the act. I alternate between lying flat on the bed, and sitting up cross legged. I have the "mind spiders" now - something I get usually on higher doses of 2C-B , clearly the MXE is potentiating it. The mind spiders are dark multi-legged forms, that close in around me when I shut my eyes, probing and picking at my ego. They are neither wholly welcome, nor wholly unpleasant. I'm seeing the baphomet repeated in the dark folds of the sheets, and the in the bodies of the otherworldly spiders, cold dark curves and horns spiralling outwards.

I attempt some breathing exercises, closing one nostril off and breathing in, opening the other nostril to breath out. This intensifies the closed eyes visuals, one side of my internal visual field going dark, gleaming black and green, scaly, reptilian with bright pink jewels set in it. The other side glows warm yellow and red, and the two change as I alternate nostrils. It's intense enough that I struggle to keep the rhythm, losing track of which side I should be breathing. I persist for another 10 minutes, but eventually give up.

The walls are shifting and bleeding - I find 2C-B very controllable in that you can let yourself go into the visuals and let everything run together like an oil painting, but it's very easy to snap back to focus on something. I'm ruminating on the space I'm in - we will have to leave this house in six months or so, and I will be very sad to see it go. I love the building, a London Victorian terraced house, and it's garden with damson and pear trees. I hear the sounds of London sirens and cars, blending with the loud sighing of the trees.

The head space is really quite good, neutral, not pushing me too much towards dark thoughts or anxieties, but allowing me to think clearly about things and I am infused as ever with a sense of melancholy for the passing of time, the people and places I've known that I've left behind, as I will be leaving this house behind. I dwell a little on my failings as a person, again a common theme for me, but I am also able to accept myself as a fallible human being and not condemn myself, without getting dragged down into the mire of depression. I do wonder though if and when I will be able to settle down, or if my life will be permanently rootless. I feel lost... disconnected.

The body load is really quite pronounced, I have shifting pains in my body, tightness in my limbs and chest, uncomfortable stomach. I take 75mg zantac to ease any heartburn issues.

Everything is very physical, when I stand up I feel like I'm walking underwater or wading in honey, and the music from the speakers feels like solid waves of pressure - sitting too close seems to up the energy I feel in my limbs to uncomfortable levels.

The album has ended, and I think a change of mood is required, and a greater degree of dissociation… I feel like the 2C-B has peaked and will be smoothly coming down from here on in.

1.30am - 30mg MXE snorted as I tidy up a little, roll a second small spliff and get comfortable .

I can feel the MXE kicking in again, that weird "feels like ketamine but not" dissociative rush, and I decide on a whim to have some more.

1.50am - another 30mg MXE snorted. I spend a while faffing, going for a piss, getting caught in loops turning back and forth wondering what I was doing, searching for alternative headphones, clearing the bed, etc. It takes an effort to force myself to quieten down and just lie back and listen to the music. Which is, naturally, Built To Spill ;)

I force myself to dissociate from my surroundings - MXE's manic side makes me fidget and want to interact. Unlike ketamine which forces you out of your body… I lie down and for a while can't get comfortable, so instead sit up crossed legged. Around this point I end up at the most dissociated, I guess close to what I'd call an m-hole but I'm never fully out of it as with ketamine.

The music is loud in my headphones and almost overpowering with intensity. I close my eyes and am absolutely consumed by it, all i can think and feel is the music. My ego is still pretty much intact - no who/where/what am I sensations. At some point I go from sitting up to lying down again, flattened out by the music. There aren't really any visuals to speak of, just great bursts of colour with the crescendos. I'm pushed back lying on the bed, my neck physically stretched out as if I'm being knocked back by a slow motion explosion or a really strong gust of wind.

3am - The album finishes and i pull off the headphones, fairly blown away by intensity, feeling drained and not wanting to listen to more. It's difficult to explain, but the sonics and the lyrics always seem to tie in so well with the dissociative state and I wonder if the act of playing the songs produces a similar sense of dissolution. I got a lot of memories and flashbacks to previous k-holes and peak moments. I try and type to begin my notes, but it's still hard. My limbs feel jagged, angular and sharp, the air is cold and precise around me, everything seems to be made up of straight lines.

The peak dissociative effects ease off over the next hour, I browse BL and attempt to start writing my notes.

4.30am - I take 0.5mg alprazolam in an attempt to induce sleep, but my mind is racing so after 15 minutes or so I give up and go back to note writing and reading.

5.30am - I force myself to stop reading and lie down, sometime after I go to sleep.

---

10am the next day, my alarm wakes me. Unfortunately I have to go to work, so before I jump in the shower I take 200mg modafinil to keep me focused during the day.

The day is characterised by very negative feelings, everything I do or look at I view in a bad light. I'm not sure how much of this is due to lack of sleep, or the drugs, but I'm pretty disappointed - normally I would be experiencing a positive afterglow, and I wonder if it's the MXE. However, later in the day I remember that when I've take modafinil before I've sometimes notice a subtle disphoria, so that may be the cause. I'll have to repeat this combination at a time when I can fully rest the day after.

Next time I would also consider lowering the doses slightly - maybe only 15mg 2C-B / 30mg MXE to start, to try and reduce the intense bodyload.

Last edited:
Nice writing specialspack - & I'd bet it was the MXE. I've had that dysphoric experience the day after on a few occassions if I've dosed MXE several times. I think it better to do one large dose & leave it at that. Bodyload on 2CB is a variable thing for me - sometimes it's really intrusive & at other times only a minor background physical noise.