• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is talking to strangers on e still the done thing?

In social settings where MDMA is widely used, is it customary for strangers to mingle

• I approach others and am likewise approached

Votes: 255 79.4%
  • Others approach me; I'm not interested in talking

Votes: 22 6.9%
  • I approach others but they are aloof

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • little or no change from regular social settings

Votes: 26 8.1%

• Total voters

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
Moderators, I'd like to add a poll to this post, at your discretion. Feel free to remove this top part of my post if you decide to add one:
Q: At gatherings you go to where MDMA is widely used, is it customary for strangers to mingle?
A:
1) Yes. I approach others and am likewise approached.
2) Somewhat. Others have approached me, but I often don't feel especially interested in talking to them.
3) Somewhat. I approach others, but they often don't seem especially interested in talking to me.
4) No. Not really any more than social settings that don't involve MDMA.

One of the effects of MDMA that I appreciate the most is the almost magical joy it lends to the natural good feelings one gets from meeting and connecting with new people. I love the fact that at a social event where many people are rolling, the conversations and the bonding I have with others is pure. That's a strong word to use -- what I mean is that it's devoid of any sexual considerations or other vested interests that often taint our choice of whom to befriend in everyday life. It's all about enjoying the music and the setting, and connecting with other people for its own sake.

One of the greatest predictors of a bad roll for me is when I'm at a social occasion unaccompanied, rolling chops, and eager to have some kickass conversations with some new people, and everyone I approach is cold, ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE ROLLING TOO! I fucking hate this with a burning passion. When this happens, I'll almost always come down prematurely and have a terrible day after. What a waste of brain cells. :p

There's other drugs I'd rather take that are much more suitable (and IMHO, more enjoyable) alone. If I'm going to a drug-friendly party where I can predict few will have any interest in talking to me, I'd prefer to eat a bagel with cannabutter and just zone out and enjoy the music and visuals in my own head, without nearly the risk of health problems or a bad comedown. In short, if it's not a setting where making new friends is the done thing, I really see no point to taking MDMA.

They don't even have to be "new people" necessarily. I've had a fucking ball rolling at small house parties where I already knew all the people involved, but was still able to enjoy some great conversations and party games, and still came away from it with a nice afterglow.

In all honesty, I can't see myself ever tiring of ecstasy, so long as I never make a habit of using it in situations where social interaction isn't really feasible or likely.

Anybody else hear me on this?

I guess I'm going with A. Honestly, the thought of worrying about socializing doesn't faze me, when I'm rolling everything feels natural and the way it should be and I just go about my business, and if others are like me too, then it's just a "normal" atmosphere and that people don't try to make it something that it's not, but just a normal social event basically without any negative vibes. Like I said, I just don't worry about talking to other people, if I'm talking to a stranger, it's most likely that the conversation started naturally and noone forced the conversation upon me, and usually that's how it is and I don't think much about it, and if the other person doesn't either, then we're all having a good time.

Last edited:
Hehehhehe, I tend to go with A, im very social, At most raves, you'll be greated by me, a 6"3 189lb boxer, with a hug :).
I love it on E! But only when the other persons on E, if they're not, I just cant bring myself to do it, I know they wont understand.

And sorry for this pitch, but someone check out my thread in health Q&A, im having a fairly urgent problem with my heart...

Interesting post. Conversation and connection with strangers is certainly one the highlights for me, an often the way i 'measure' the quality of my roll - retrospectively.
I have noticed though, that every MDMA/MDXX experience is different, with a different emphasis or focus each and every time, even on the same stuff/dose. sometimes it's musically/dancing oriented, sometimes i just cant stop cuddling my partner and telling her how awesome she is, sometimes it's amazing converstaions with randoms, and sometimes it's too out of it and I can;t remember properly...
Usually it's a combination of the above, but usually on a roll one will be more dominant for me than the others.

i dunno if im stuck up or what but Ecsasty to me is going to a badarse club and dacing the night away. sometimes its quite selfish! i am introverted by nature though.

i no longer care for bonding with those around me while on e. Only with my fiance friends who have never rolled before will i invest time into bonding with. truth be told my initial experiences with e, which i used with close friends quite often allowed me to open up and be more honest with people when I'm sober.

As a result, I tend to have a mush more sensory-focused buzz as well as a lot more introspection. In relation to meeting strangers, I've never found any friendships forged on the drug to be satisfactory--the empathogenic effects of e are best used among close friends, family and lovers.

Definitely A for me. I talk to absoloutely anybody when im on E. I'll try and start a conversation with stunners sitting next to a bf, or weirdo's or anyone. Pretty funny the next day remembering the crap i talk. I think iv'e talked to about 300 people about the World Cup in the last month! I even had a funny chat with some girl about the bodies in the barrels case in Australia!

i try to talk to EVERYONE when i'm rolling. it frustrates me that my boyfriend doesn't talk, he kind of mashes out. but i will try to strike up a conversation with anyone nearby, about ANYTHING lol. at alot more parties nowadays, though, people aren't as chatty and are just more focused on their own fucked-upness to care about talking to other people :\

it's all about talking to people!
its one of the best things about raving, you wouldn't get anywhere near to the kind of sociability going on at a rock gig or similar.
maybe it depends on location?

had a proper life affirming chat with one of the djs at a freeparty on me birthday about diggers and jcbs, you never quite realise their vital function within society...

I don't really talk to people anymore. I used to when I first started taking about 7 years ago, but now I just talk to my friends and I'm not really interested in new friends, I've made so many, and it's always the same, you know cool when the drugs are good, but you don't hear from them from one week to the next unless they're looking for a partner in crime...

In a way I'm over xtc, it's just so meaningless and fake to me, I used to think it was true and pure, but to me it isn't, or isn't anymore. If I ever do pills these days, it's with people I know and always in a house party/gathering type scenario and only ever really as a spur of the moment decision when drunk/tweaked/stoned etc etc....

But if I do go to club, I still get the young pillers coming up and talking to me. I'm polite and talk back, so as not to blow their buzz, but I just let the convo take it's course ie:

hey man, wicked pills
yeah, they're ok
so man, you been doing pills long
since you were in primary school
cool, that's ages hey
watch it dude, i'm not that old yet (laugh and smile)
cool well have a good one man
[insert overly affectionate hug or handshake, gender dependant here]

My first few times I did. I thought "This is great, all my barriers are down & I can talk to anyone I like without fear of anything" or without thinking about the repercussions but then I realised... I'm off my face... Those repercussions are still there, I'm just oblivious to them. I may not be thinking anything sexual, but that doesn't mean the person I'm talking to is thinking the same as me. So now I just keep to myself & my friends, but if someone wants to chat to me, I don't really mind.

ntype said:
i dunno if im stuck up or what but Ecsasty to me is going to a badarse club and dacing the night away. sometimes its quite selfish! i am introverted by nature though.

me too, but I love being able to have a chat so I make it a point to.. especially to like minded chicks.. :D

if i take 300 mg pills i don't want to talk....
if i take 100+50+50+50+50 I want to talk...

I'm a fairly anti-social person and tend to keep to myself, and this tends to increase moreso while rolling. I get lost in my own world dancing and having people stop me to talk to me just ends up bothering me.

Also, I've found that 9 times out of 10, most conversations on E while at a club are

"you having fun?"
"yeah, you having fun?"
"yep".....
"really good music eh?"
"yeah, gunna go dance, ttyl"
(5 mins pass)
"Hey, you having fun?"
"yep, you?"
"yep"

Its very rare that any 'friends' I have made while at a party, have remained friends outside of the party

^^ were you laughing when you typed that??? I wasn't when I read it....

I have a few friends that are great salesmen. That just are born with that gift to sale and Bullshit with people anywhere. I notice when they take tabs it looks to me like thier social skills are somewhat lower than when not using. When I use it makes me very talkative and wanting to talk with other people. I am a pretty quiet guy for the most part. Wish they would prescribe MDMA instead of xanax...
Those gifted social people are usually the most unhappy with thierselves.

Wait.. why is everyone going with "A".. A stands for answer and there are 4 of them...

I think you mean 1?

To me talking to strangers when rolling is an essential part of it (assuming i have good pills) and i hope that never changes...

hypnoticzzz2003 said:
^^ were you laughing when you typed that??? I wasn't when I read it....

Nope, and I'm not laughing when it happens either. Thus, why I hate talking when I'm rolling at clubs.

If I'm going to a club - I'm going out to dance. When music is blasting you at 90-100db (thank god I take ear plugs...), trying to maintain a conversation is bloody annoying. I'm there to dance, not to socalize, and pretty much the only time I ever roll - is when I'm going to a club.

If I am going to have a night of 'sitting around talking with friends', I'll invite a few people over, buy some wine, roll a joint or two and just entertain at my place.

I dont like bars -- too loud/noisy and expensive and hard to hold a good conversation in them.

and, if I'm paying $30+ cover for a club, I'm gunna be spending the night glued to the dancefloor dancing untill the sun comes out, not sitting around chatting. I also tend to go out alot solo, or if I'm going out with someone - they best understand that I probably wont interact them for most of the night :p

*shrug*, I just find that most of the conversations people have while rolling to be incredibly annoying/boring anyways -- as they tend to go pretty much like the example I gave above.

I think there has only been one or two times where I have been super-chatty while rolling.

I'll talk to others but I'm mostly get people talking to me, I think if you talk in terms of 'the vibe' I give off a pretty friendly one when rolling. It'd kinda strange, when I'm not rolling, things are pretty chilled, but when I am I get all sorts coming over and just standing beside me, it's possible that some become like a beacon within a radius of the room (if ya know what I mean). I do it aswell when I'm coming up, sort of stay near the people that are having a 'good' time, it's subconcious (sp?... I'm really quite drunk). gotta say that I've been giving the pills a miss lately tho, trying to give the body a break so a few beers (common term but I mean lager, lagers does't sound right yeah?) for relief just now.