• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

250mg Diphenhydramine

Poly-

Greenlighter
Last night I took 250mg of Diphenhydramine or 10 of these tablets.

After taking the Diphenhydramine, hours later my kidneys felt stiff

The next day I feel like I may be experiencing symptoms of Acute Renal Failure.

Decreased urine output
Possible Confusion
Slight Nausea
Kidney Pain or Pain around where my kidneys are, usually in one side at different times.

Can a 250mg dose cause this in a 15 year old? How would I know if it is getting worse. At what point should I go to the ER. (Expensive bills)
How will I know if I am getting better.
Need help ASAP.

Most importantly, has anyone else experienced this and been fine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you been drinking liquids ? Have your been sick and or are you sweating a lot ?

Dehydration alone can cause all the symptoms your talking about and could be the easier answer (especially if you have been out of it overnight).

The problems with taking large doses of a substance then Nausea and confusion and some discomfort is fairly common but can also mask anything serious that may be happening.

How long ago did you take your pills? Have you slept?

Urine retention can be one of the side effects of taking Diph and although 250mg is a pretty high dose it is not in the overdose range for most adults.

If in any doubt I would always say seek medical help.

Antihistamines are weak anticholinergics, and in large doses this can create a lot of shitty side effects, however I doubt anything serious can occur at 250mg, I advise that you don't anymore DPH for a while. Also why did you take that much in the first place? Diphenhydramine has no recreational value, so there's no point in abusing it

Yeah....don't get high on DPH. Its extremely shitty and dangerous.

Have you been drinking liquids ? Have your been sick and or are you sweating a lot ?

Dehydration alone can cause all the symptoms your talking about and could be the easier answer (especially if you have been out of it overnight).

The problems with taking large doses of a substance then Nausea and confusion and some discomfort is fairly common but can also mask anything serious that may be happening.

How long ago did you take your pills? Have you slept?

Urine retention can be one of the side effects of taking Diph and although 250mg is a pretty high dose it is not in the overdose range for most adults.

If in any doubt I would always say seek medical help.

Pills were taken 2 days ago, I have slept both nights since. I took the pills around ~10PM 2 nights ago, went to bed around 1-2am
Since then I have stayed pretty hydrated, and slept each night since. I don't believe I have any urinary retention anymore. Is 250mg an overdose for any age group? Other than babies or young kids?

It did have a recreational value, and I had visuals and auditory hallucinations. It wasn't all that bad, although I'd never do it again. Assuming I'm ok.

It did have a recreational value, and I had visuals and auditory hallucinations. It wasn't all that bad, although I'd never do it again. Assuming I'm ok.

Just because something causes visuals and auditory hallucinations does not mean it's a recreational substance. DPH is known to cause delirium in high doses, seeing spiders, scary thoughts etc. Not a drug you want to abuse.

Just because something causes visuals and auditory hallucinations does not mean it's a recreational substance. DPH is known to cause delirium in high doses, seeing spiders, scary thoughts etc. Not a drug you want to abuse.

Exactly, you are more or less poisoning yourself with it to get some shitty hallucinations and in the worst case you take enough to cause a delirium and endanger yourself and others

uuuuuuhhhhhh I disagree that its not a good substance

while yes VERY dangerous and stupid idea delirium as a whole can be fun for a select group of people such as myself

I actually grow jimson weed and belladonna as a house plant at my place because every once and awhile I like to get high on that

(also stupid idea buuuuttttt I myself like trying stupid shit :) Give me white powder and tell me Ill get high and ill take it and snort it without hesitation of course I imagine this will be my demise)

the delirium it produces with enough effort and practice you can control sorta like lucid dreaming but WAY more intense

in terms of it though I think dime'in is alot safer at dose's like that than say eating jimson weed and belladonna

but anyway while yes stupid some people like it of course I also like regular psychedelics like any normal person does I ABSOLUTELY LUV MY FUCKIN SHROOMS MAN!!!!!!!!

-Streetcow

Just for a different perspective I find DPH does have a mild recreational value in the 100-150mg range. I occasionally use it in combination with weed when mixing (or particularly mastering) music. I feel in these low doses it is very synergistic with the weed as far as aural processing is concerned, I can often find and accentuate details in a mix I didn't even know were there. That being said 200mg and above is 100% a bad idea as everyone else has mentioned, but I thought I'd share my positive experiences.

I also have used it (less successfully) as a sleep aid and noticed a lame groggy buzz that extends into the day after so I wouldn't recommend it for regular use in that regard.

Last edited:
uuuuuuhhhhhh I disagree that its not a good substance

while yes VERY dangerous and stupid idea delirium as a whole can be fun for a select group of people such as myself

I actually grow jimson weed and belladonna as a house plant at my place because every once and awhile I like to get high on that

(also stupid idea buuuuttttt I myself like trying stupid shit :) Give me white powder and tell me Ill get high and ill take it and snort it without hesitation of course I imagine this will be my demise)

the delirium it produces with enough effort and practice you can control sorta like lucid dreaming but WAY more intense

in terms of it though I think dime'in is alot safer at dose's like that than say eating jimson weed and belladonna

but anyway while yes stupid some people like it of course I also like regular psychedelics like any normal person does I ABSOLUTELY LUV MY FUCKIN SHROOMS MAN!!!!!!!!

-Streetcow

According to your response you're far from normal. Hahaha I'm kidding but dude you're pretty weird when it comes to drugs

For the sake of harm reduction taking Nightshades is just extremely dangerous because you don't know the total alkaloid content and a bit too much can kill you

^This!Do not think that even taking a dose of this benadyl this low is safe please! I took 200mg of benadryl about a month ago to sleep the other nigh about a month ago. I woke up the next morning and all 36 were gone in the whole bottle.

Diphenhydramine is an anticholinergic. Anticholinergics cause amnesic and cause you to forget what you to and cause you to do dangerous things! They can also cause heart attacks and seizures!

I've had delirium and multiple tonic-clonic seizures from diphenhydramnine.

And streetcow and fellow bluelighters, jimsonweed and belladonna and atropine is MORE dangerous because as kleinerkiffer said because you DON'T the drug content you are taking and you can EASILY OVERDOSE.

EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION. These are extremely dangerous substances...

According to your response you're far from normal. Hahaha I'm kidding but dude you're pretty weird when it comes to drugs

yes I am VERY far from normal in terms of regular drugs Iv tried some crazy shit in the past including but not limited to (in terms of research chems when they were legal): flakka,various other delirients such VERY experiment tropinones, some research chemicals I synthesized myself that didn't have all the greatest effects,once like I said before at a party a guy came up to me said this powder will get u super high for 10 bucks and snorted it to this day I don't know what it was but from there I couldn't remember anything that happened through the night,various dissasociatives I obtained from a friend who works at a vet (don't question I got homies from all over),bath salts (after scheduled but at that point I didn't care),whatever the fuck my heroin has been laced with in the past (probs pcp), and more which at this point belladonna seems harmless to me trust me

also I will say this loud and fucking clear THESE ARE STUPID TO TAKE DONT TRY THIS STICK TO STUFF LIKE WEED SHROOMS AND LSD THE SOFTCORE TRIO YOU COULD DIE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS

wow I sound like a jackass movie

but anyway yes I'm odd when it comes to drugs as a 25 year old chemist who is right now couch surfing in canada and testing various semi legal research chemicals that I sell to semi shady people I'm a guy who takes whatever he can get even if it means not remembering what happened the night before and based on how he woke up and where never in a million years wants to know

-Streetcow

-Streecrow, O l know what you mean I plan on being a chemist too! My favourite was 4-HO-MiPT for the euphoric and creative effect along with permanet logical creative thinking improvement benefit, we are different in 1 point tho, I study what could make my brain cells die or my system to be confused and decide not to take anything that I dont have proof to be ''safe'' I also agree that drugs arent all bad, in fact I have a theory that only the way of using some drugs make them bad to the eye of the people who do not have biochemical background.

I once did a fucking intense experiance where I was litterally controlling everything that I lived. Keeping touch with reality and remembering everyting also. I chose everything I lived while still knowing who I was, where I was and what I was really doing only interacting with it in a smaller way. It was like a lucid dream ontop of reality awake, that I could chose which part of reality I wanted to stay (gravity while I walked, objects, not to fall, etc) the rest was all I could Imagine happened.

The drugs 9 pills containing 30mgDXM and 4mgChlorpheniramine each along with165mg in 15mg form oxazepam(like 4.125mg xanax) and a 100mlChamomile/spearmint water extract that contained 6g and 4g eachrespectively, Added to that I took 60-80mg of 4-HO-MET to stay in contact with reality(I know it sounds wierd but it actually increase the contact with logical thinking and that is useful for contact with reality. I basically shut down my system while rebooting it with 4-HO-MET. Did not get long term benefits sadly nor damage luckily. I wrote a post on it on this website if it interesting to you.

Now for you young drug user;Poly-, You should not get high of anything from a pharmacy as it is not made for that, also stay away from every sketchy stree drugs, all pills, every blotters that taste bitter is a spitter for your safety. The best way to use drugs and stay away from addiction, brain damage and confusion is Natural substances or semi-synthetic substances. I know most of those drugs are hard to find but it you really love your body and brain you will be patient enought to let the good drugs come to you, trust me it will happen, I've waited 3 years and finnaly have REAL LSD!

As for your kidney, if it doesnt resolve within less than a week go seek medical help you might have sensible kidneys which might be having inflammatory issues or worst but lets not think about those possibilities for know as it is more anxiogenic than useful.

I'm a guy who takes whatever he can get even if it means not remembering what happened the night before and based on how he woke up and where never in a million years wants to know

-Streetcow

If you keep doing this you'll not wake up one day, because you took an OD / bad combo etc.