• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 24 Hours After Taking Adderall for First Time

Cudi

Bluelighter
So lastnight around 6:15pm I took half of a 20mg Adderall Instant Release Pill, so 10mg for my first time ever. I did it so I could make lots of progress on a final essay I have due tomorrow. Everything went pretty well. I got some euphoria, focus, and overall amped up feeling. I was getting chills listening to some music because it seemed slightly more intense. I was really nervous prior to taking it because I have pretty bad anxiety when it comes to taking new substances (due to a traumatic LSD trip over 3 years ago), I just get very worried when I take new stuff.

But, all was well. The comedown sort of sucked and I may still be feeling some lingering effects after 24 hours. Is it normal? I only slept for about 5 hours afterwards when I thought it was starting to wear off. As of now, my resting heart rate still seems slightly high and I have a noticeable feeling of anxiety at the moment. There have been a few times in the last 16 hours where I have felt perhaps on the verge of a panic attack. Basically my question is, is my heart rate still slightly high right now because there's still some in my system? Or is it my body craving more and it's a moderate withdrawal symptom? I'm contemplating taking the other half within the next 2 hours, and I'm hoping I get the same experience as lastnight. Any help is appreciated as I'm not too educated with stimulants and it was my very first time ever trying one.

You're fine. You may be having residual effects as a first time user, but nothing more serious than that. Withdrawals, no way. You're good. Just make sure to catch up on sleep.

Hope all's well, Cudi.

Thanks Psy,

Hoping to catch up on my sleep tomorrow. Just took the other half about 30 minutes ago so I don't think sleep will happen for a while ! Lol. But yeah, that thought did cross my mind that maybe it is just because it is my first time using it.

Have you eaten and stayed hydrated? Ive noticed on amphetamines my heart always pounds the next day or two, because I dont drink much while on it , I I believe its from dehydration

I had a few prescriptions pile up because I stopped taking it after my first day or two, the effect was more complicated and less focus than I was expecting. Then for a week or two I took it consistently when these saved prescriptions were all I had, and after you take it consistently for a week or so, only then do you realize it's full potential. Don't change the dosage or think you need more at a time based on a few day's experience. Take the moderate prescribed amount consistently, and after a week or two your body will settle into it. I had more headaches and bad dreams the first few times than the concentration was worth, but after taking it for a week, all the bad stuff evened out, and I'm actually still taking it. At first I wouldn't have recommended it to anyone, but now it's the most helpful thing I've tried.

And water. Drink lots of water regularly.

Eh. I would never recommend higher than 10-15mg daily, if that. The degree to which the sympathetic nervous system is activated is IMO not healthy for all day every day for a functioning individual. Gotta have that sympathetic and parasympathetic balance. I don't feel human after an adderall session if I don't work on self-care and bringing myself back into non fight or flight mode.

Unfortunately so much of modern civilization is always in sympathetic/FoF that we don't notice the tension that amphetamines bring.

Let me just say that I LOVE Adderall - Adderall trumps coke, meth, crack or any other stimulant in my book. I’ve experienced some pretty intense chills with Adderall on my head or back of my neck or back - but nothing as uncomfortable as opiate withdrawal chills. (God never again!!) Adderall is a vasoconstrictor so the lesser symptoms like tingling hands and body chills are due to the increase in blood pressure and overdrive of the heart. The strong and fast heartbeat will Stop - give it about 5 hours or so - that’s how it is for me in bewteeen doses. Anything other than that is a brain game - mind over matter my friend. Deep breaths and a hot shower! Nothing to worry about - I doubt you’re gonna get “high” off a second half though - atleast not as an enjoyable one as the first half you took. I know this post is old but today was my first time experimenting with Adderall after being clean of everything since May of 2016 - so this is all new and exciting to me. Not too mention the euphoria, chattiness and general happiness i experience with each dose of 10mg - but I also kick ass in school with it. University never seemed so easy. And that’s just me taking 3/day. I’m a bit of a space cadet and have trouble focusing and struggle with narcolepsy so when my doctors prescribed me Adderall it just gave me a bit of a boost that I’ve been without for so many years. Normal with a Superman twist lol