• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2020-2021 NFL Discussion

That's bitter. Tom lost it for them and we were not able to capitalize.

Nice season Pack!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm wondering what they were thinking to kick a field goal there, that was seriously difficult to watch at the end.

That was pretty awkward at the end. I probably noticed 10 bad no calls throughout the game, most favoring TB, then at the most crucial play the latest flag of all time comes out also in their favor.

Nice storyline going into the Super Bowl though and that's what matters I guess.

it was late but the call was correct.

alasdair

pretty chippy for the playoffs esp compared to the end of second half interference that caused a 14 point shift going into half. But champions push though, get lucky or even cheat. but they win,

Sure i'm upset but we had a great season, Thank you Pack.. class act.

Gonna be a hell of an off-season in the nfl. Lots of people gonna be on the move.

lots of people unpacking the packers' decision to kick the field goal when down 8 with 2 minutes on the clock. most of the analysis is pretty harsh e.g.

what did you think @neversickanymore ?

alasdair

I would have went for it. I think GB out played them. But a few long balls with crap coverage really killed us. That and some big sacks. Three interceptions and we were really moving the ball well. We shouldn’t have even been in that situation.

Green and Gold is the color of my blood. I have Rogers back wherever he lands, but pretty sure we have the honor of at least one more season. He is an unbelievable quarterback and competitor... losing at any level tares him up. I think GB has become quite spoiled, in our defense we are one of the smallest and the most hard core markets in nfl football. Ditching Rodgers is insane and leading the charge would be the local yokel press who's jobs would be utterly gone if GB tanks for a few years. Yeah fuckers start posting for internet jobs.. lol. Rogers is a lion you fools aren't. We went from Favre, gunslinger that so many fans from so many kind teams loved to watch to Rodgers and he is a scientist. Sure just going to have another one slide in just in time. Where you guys going to be if reality sets in? So some of the fans around here are up in arms we didn't make it to the SB.. well shit people GB has one of the top four playoff running accomplishments of all time.. there are only two teams that make it.

Love u PACK!!! Keep Rolling

I'm assuming this will be the de facto Super Bowl thread. Given the championship will be held in Tampa this year I thought I should share some info on the local attractions for any braving the COVID to go down there.

There is, of course, the Busch Gardens theme park full of roller coasters, some animals, and most of what you'd expect of such a place. However, they have historically run a beer tasting facility as well. From my faded memory you can get a mini cup of beer to try a few flavors though I don't recall a limit on how many mini beers you can get (several requests may be required). This can change the overall effect of integrating with the animals, and more importantly riding the roller coasters, most notably for the observers below as you make the loops and turns.

There had been a Frederick's of Hollywood down there, I believe. Though that may have succumbed to the failing economy.

The beach is always great, and for Northerners it probably isn't too cold even at this time of year. Northerners are weird like that. St. Pete is very nearby also with beaches, but that is primarily a retirement village grown to the size of a sprawling metropolis. I suggest you avoid that both for traffic issues of endless blinkers and for the natural residents hitting the beach in their bikinis and speedos.

Perhaps one of the best known tourist attractions would be the strip clubs, of which there are many but perhaps none as old and well known (I did not say 'respected') of Mons Venus. Rather than entertain you with my memories, I'll simply lean on a recent news article so you know that they ARE open and that they are considerate of your Covid concerns:

Tampa's famous strip clubs brace for pandemic Super Bowl

“I’m thinking we’ll get an increase in business but it’s not going to be like anything it was,” said Joe Redner, the owner of Mons Venus, an all-nude strip club within walking distance of Raymond James Stadium. “This COVID makes it a whole different world.”
strippersasshole-1024x654.jpg

Support Your Local Strippers

"Workers in Tampa's renowned strip club industry, despite the pandemic's damper on business, they' are worried but hopeful."

"Elizabeth Reed dances at Scores Gentleman's Club, a strip club near the stadium hosting the Super Bowl, and says wearing masks while working is like 'doing cardio' with her nose and mouth covered.

It’s uncomfortable and sweaty, and her makeup is often ruined. She’s also wary of dancing close to patrons wearing thinner face coverings.
“It’s not the same,” she said, adding that she doesn't want to complain because front-line health care workers have to wear masks for hours on end. “It’s been an adjustment. Now I face away from the customer a majority of the time.”

Still, she’s hopeful she’ll make $1000 a night during Super Bowl week, and she’ll wear sequined masks that match her outfits.

I'm assuming this will be the de facto Super Bowl thread. Given the championship will be held in Tampa this year I thought I should share some info on the local attractions for any braving the COVID to go down there.

There is, of course, the Busch Gardens theme park full of roller coasters, some animals, and most of what you'd expect of such a place. However, they have historically run a beer tasting facility as well. From my faded memory you can get a mini cup of beer to try a few flavors though I don't recall a limit on how many mini beers you can get (several requests may be required). This can change the overall effect of integrating with the animals, and more importantly riding the roller coasters, most notably for the observers below as you make the loops and turns.

There had been a Frederick's of Hollywood down there, I believe. Though that may have succumbed to the failing economy.

The beach is always great, and for Northerners it probably isn't too cold even at this time of year. Northerners are weird like that. St. Pete is very nearby also with beaches, but that is primarily a retirement village grown to the size of a sprawling metropolis. I suggest you avoid that both for traffic issues of endless blinkers and for the natural residents hitting the beach in their bikinis and speedos.

Perhaps one of the best known tourist attractions would be the strip clubs, of which there are many but perhaps none as old and well known (I did not say 'respected') of Mons Venus. Rather than entertain you with my memories, I'll simply lean on a recent news article so you know that they ARE open and that they are considerate of your Covid concerns:

Tampa's famous strip clubs brace for pandemic Super Bowl

“I’m thinking we’ll get an increase in business but it’s not going to be like anything it was,” said Joe Redner, the owner of Mons Venus, an all-nude strip club within walking distance of Raymond James Stadium. “This COVID makes it a whole different world.”
strippersasshole-1024x654.jpg

Support Your Local Strippers
"Workers in Tampa's renowned strip club industry, despite the pandemic's damper on business, they' are worried but hopeful."

"Elizabeth Reed dances at Scores Gentleman's Club, a strip club near the stadium hosting the Super Bowl, and says wearing masks while working is like 'doing cardio' with her nose and mouth covered.

It’s uncomfortable and sweaty, and her makeup is often ruined. She’s also wary of dancing close to patrons wearing thinner face coverings.
“It’s not the same,” she said, adding that she doesn't want to complain because front-line health care workers have to wear masks for hours on end. “It’s been an adjustment. Now I face away from the customer a majority of the time.”

Still, she’s hopeful she’ll make $1000 a night during Super Bowl week, and she’ll wear sequined masks that match her outfits.

When I used to go to The Fest in Gainesville they always had the Pre Fest in Tampa , but I never went. Everyone always talked about how trashy it was. Seems pretty classy to me.

@mal3volent, you're an Uncle Fester?

NSFW:
uncle-fester.jpg

I very nearly attended The Fest 6. I still rue not going for Dead To Me, Planes Mistaken For Stars, and Seaweed.

@mal3volent, you're an Uncle Fester?

NSFW:
uncle-fester.jpg

I very nearly attended The Fest 6. I still rue not going for Dead To Me, Planes Mistaken For Stars, and Seaweed.

I've only been to two unfortunately. Fest 10 and 11. Fest 6 must've been awesome. The glory days. I stayed at the Paramount both times. Was never able to get a spot at the Holiday Inn. I partied there but never had a room.

Dead to Me live is awesome, I've seen them three times iirc. The other two you mentioned I haven't seen. The highlights of my time there was a Menzingers secret acoustic show, Against Me, The Flatliners, Iron Chic, and Bomb the Music Industry.

Didn't know you were a Fest bro. *fist bump*

I thought Brady was a lil bitch-boy for leaving us so late in his career, but it's sorta cool that he's winning. Although he sorta acts like a pre Madonna, he's.. A good QB i guess.

Rooting for him.

he sorta acts like a pre Madonna

a prima donna? how so?

he has a lot less ego than twats like t owens, c johnson, etc.

he's.. A good QB i guess

• a record 9 super bowl appearances
  • a record 6 super bowl wins
  • a record 4 super bowl mvps
  • the record holder for super bowl passing yards
  • the record holder for super bowl touchdowns
  • the record holder for super bowl attempts and completions
  • the second-youngest and the oldest qb to start and win a super bowl
  • the record holder for td passes all time
  • the record holder for post-season wins all time
  • the record holder for post-season passing yards all time
  • the record holder for post-season completions all time
  • the record holder for post-season touchdowns all time
  • the record holder for passing yards all time
  • the record holder for conference championships appearances
  • the record holder for conference championships wins
  • the record holder for most nfl wins by a qb
  • every season with the patriots they were over .500
  • a home record of 135-21-0
  • selected to 14 pro bowls
  • including playoffs, he led 44 4th-quarter comebacks and 57 game-winning drives
  • holds the record for most different td targets
yeah, he's good.

alasdair

a prima donna? how so?

he has a lot less ego than twats like t owens, c johnson, etc.

• a record 9 super bowl appearances
  • a record 6 super bowl wins
  • a record 4 super bowl mvps
  • the record holder for super bowl passing yards
  • the record holder for super bowl touchdowns
  • the record holder for super bowl attempts and completions
  • the second-youngest and the oldest qb to start and win a super bowl
  • the record holder for td passes all time
  • the record holder for post-season wins all time
  • the record holder for post-season passing yards all time
  • the record holder for post-season completions all time
  • the record holder for post-season touchdowns all time
  • the record holder for passing yards all time
  • the record holder for conference championships appearances
  • the record holder for conference championships wins
  • the record holder for most nfl wins by a qb
  • every season with the patriots they were over .500
  • a home record of 135-21-0
  • selected to 14 pro bowls
  • including playoffs, he led 44 4th-quarter comebacks and 57 game-winning drives
  • holds the record for most different td targets
yeah, he's good.

alasdair

What do you mean?

just what i say. he's a team player - he doesn't grandstand and seek attention for doing his job the way those guys did...

alasdair