GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderator: mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Football 2020-2021 NFL Discussion

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
All I can say, is that being a Washington sports fan is infinite sorrow. The baseball team came through once but watching this football team after years is straight up degrading.
Shit you got the Wizards too...
Georgetown...
DC United ...

😅

oh man.

deficiT

Moderator: DC, TDS, NSADD
Staff member
Yep, I've really only had Gilbert Arenas and Bradley Beal as good basketball players in my life. Hasn't been since like 78 with Unseld that they've done anything really. But those Nat's series last year were all incredible.

Basically rooting for Baltimore at this point realistically when it comes to football, although I think WFT has a good defense brewing up, just needs the secondary to do their job.

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
Yep, I've really only had Gilbert Arenas and Bradley Beal as good basketball players in my life. Hasn't been since like 78 with Unseld that they've done anything really. But those Nat's series last year were all incredible.

Basically rooting for Baltimore at this point realistically when it comes to football, although I think WFT has a good defense brewing up, just needs the secondary to do their job.
yeah, and Rivera is a good coach too, if he gets the right players that will work in his system. I liked him in Charlotte , but he just never fit with Cam. And he was too loyal to his coaching staff, never wanted to mix it up.

the crazy thing is your division is still up for grabs

deficiT

Moderator: DC, TDS, NSADD
Staff member
yeah, and Rivera is a good coach too, if he gets the right players that will work in his system. I liked him in Charlotte , but he just never fit with Cam. And he was too loyal to his coaching staff, never wanted to mix it up.

the crazy thing is your division is still up for grabs
Yeah, Rivera is a solid guy and I hope he works out.

This year I haven't done any fantasy leagues, and I didn't re-up on my hulu live or pay for regular cable. Thus I've really only been able to watch the youtube highlight reels. But from what I've seen, there are some bright spots, accompanied by the typical losing in spectacular fashion. I made the mistake of being in the stadium the other year when CHI played @ WAS. Khalil Mack literally devoured our poor QB at the time (Case Keenum), he was sacked 4 times, fumbled 3 times, and tossed 3 picks. It was miserable and I left early.

Watching Terry Mclaurin play has been the brightest spot the past year, he will be a star for sure.

People talk shit on the NFC East, but imo it's the most competitive division. The records look bad but that's because all of the teams actually compete w/ each other and you never know who's gonna pull through. I would hate to be an AFC East fan, with the pats winning every year.

NFC east is only division to have all SB winning teams, and all 4 franchises are historically exceptional.

Last edited: