• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2019/2020 NFL Discussion Thread v. Superman Returns...and then leaves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
His body is breaking down from style of play

You mean staying in the pocket and passing? Having his throwing shoulder targeted by TJ Watt?

The vast majority of his injuries have been due to hits like this one. The other huge one that comes to mind was in Atlanta well after he had slid and given himself up. Then out of nowhere Domantae Kazee flies in and torpedoes Cams head with his helmet.

A few years ago in the season opener he had three separate illegal hits to the head against the broncos.

I could go on and on. There's video evidence. Ejections. Fines. I can't recall a single significant injury he has sustained while running the ball. Which is what you're referring to. And it's not a gradual effect from the increased hits, either. He's huge, his body can take legal hits.

If you want to make the argument it's because of his personality, or his attitude, or his arrogance (or confidence if describing a white qb) ...that's a different discussion. A discussion that just further illustrates the fact that he is targeted by players and ignored by refs over and over again.

lol. ok.

i'm not a hater. i'm just responding to the pre-season rhetoric, the numbers and the performance.

and, if the pats don't win it, i don't really care who does.

alasdair

Pre season rhetoric ? All the rhetoric I heard was that Cam was recovering from surgery. Then it was about him being able to throw the ball and how his new qb Coach was adjusting his game. I don't recall much other than that and the media definitely doesn't hype him.

The days leading up to Sunday's game, there were a few places that had them as a trendy upset pick. CMC has been hyped way more recently than Cam, for good reason.

Antonio Brown Accused of Rape in a Lawsuit

The Patriots receiver is accused of three incidents of sexual assault, in 2017 and 2018, against a woman who attended college with him.

Antonio Brown of the New England Patriots, the most prominent wide receiver in the N.F.L., has been accused of raping a woman who worked as his trainer, according to a federal lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Southern District of Florida.

The lawsuit says that Brown — in three separate incidents, two in June 2017 and another in May 2018 — sexually assaulted a woman named Britney Taylor, a gymnast whom he met while they were attending Central Michigan together and whom he later hired as a trainer.

The lawsuit was filed one day after Brown, 31, became a Patriot following a brief, turbulent tenure with the Oakland Raiders that ended when he requested his release last week. Late Tuesday night, the Patriots issued a statement saying that the N.F.L. planned to do its own investigation of the accusations against Brown.

“Mr. Brown denies each and every allegation in the lawsuit,” said a statement from Darren Heitner, a lawyer representing Brown. “He will pursue all legal remedies to not only clear his name but to also protect other professional athletes against false accusations.”

Having his throwing shoulder targeted by TJ Watt?
you don't know that he's targeting his throwing shoulder... in that picture watt is coming from the left so he's going to hit cam's right side.

here's a pic of tj watt targeting matt ryan's right side:

here are pics of tj watt targeting tom brady's right side:

14643 14644

alasdair

Last edited:
You don't target someone's entire "right side" @alasdairm , you target specific weak points on their body. Shoulder. Head. Knee. This video clearly shows he meant to hit his shoulder. Not only did he mean to hit it, he meant to lower his helmet and use that to inflict maximum damage.

Ok so ignore the guy doing commentary, I don't think it was as blatant as him being ordered through his helmet to hit his shoulder. (This guy is even more of a conspiracy theorist than me). It's just this is the only good video on YouTube showing how much room Watt had to tackle Cam. How deliberate his aim was. How much forethought went into it.

I basically think that some guys in the league hate cam. watt clearly wanted to inflict as much damage as he possibly could with that hit. He knows anything directly to the head or below the knee would have been too obvious. There is literally nothing else he could have done to him that had a higher probability of serious injury. (Without getting automatically ejected)

@madness00 yeah that's where the ball is. Since when do you need to lower your head and hit the ball with your helmet to dislodge it from a quarterbacks fingers as he's throwing it? Do I need to post 500 examples of defenders forcing a fumble without diving directly into the qbs shoulder?

Last edited:
This video clearly shows he meant to hit his shoulder. Not only did he mean to hit it, he meant to lower his helmet and use that to inflict maximum damage.
the picture shows the hit. nothing more. nothing less. it does not show his intent. that's your subjective conclusion.

alasdair

the picture shows the hit. nothing more. nothing less. it does not show his intent. that's your subjective conclusion.

alasdair

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the DNA evidence shows that my client was at the scene of the crime and held the knife that was used to murder the victim. The prosecutor's claim that he actually did the killing is merely a subjective conclusion. DNA doesn't show intent.

The defense rests.

^ that makes no sense at all...

he could have been first to arrive and picked up the murder weapon. it does not prove motivation nor intent. it doesn't even prove he killed the victim.

mal, i get it. everybody hates cam and the world is out to get him. but you're reaching here and i'm not the only person who sees that.

sorry if it seems like i'm ragging on cam - i just hate victim b.s. in football.

and don't get me started on hate. tom brady is one of the most hated active football players in the country :)

anyway, roll on week 2 - perhaps your man cam can improve on his dismal performance from last week :)

alasdair

@mal3volent - I was talking about the Brady hits ali posted.

IDK and IDC about Cam.

Lol.

Well I guess you can see how I thought you were talking about Cam. Ali was only sarcastically bringing up Brady in order to knock down my argument about Cam.

mal, i get it. everybody hates cam and the world is out to get him.

Yes, finally, you are getting it.

he could have been first to arrive and picked up the murder weapon. it does not prove motivation nor intent. it doesn't even prove he killed the victim.

My point was you're never going to prove intent, no matter what. Even if you strapped Watt down to a lie detector and he flunks it doesn't mean anything. So if you can't prove intent all you have is the preponderance of evidence. I will cite the points I've already made again that you didn't (or couldn't) refute, as to where specifically he chose to hit Cam and (most importantly) how.

sorry if it seems like i'm ragging on cam

It's okay. At the end of the day even if my qb/team falls short competitively, as least I know they have some semblance of integrity. That's more than you can say for other organizations.

"we can't prove intent so we'll just assume my guess at his intent is the correct one"? lol. ok.

roll on week 2.

how do you think the panthers do this week @mal3volent ? i think they win but maybe don't cover the spread (-7)

pats have a huge spread - -19! - but i think they win and cover. last time i can remember a spread this big was -17 against the jets about 3 years ago. they won that game by 38 points :)

alasdair

I've got to remind myself not to put much effort/thought into my pro cam arguments with you Ali :|

Yes I assume we will beat TB in Charlotte. God I hope we do. We easily could have beaten LA last week if a couple calls had gone the other way. (Two indisputable PI no calls). I wouldn't be surprised if we don't cover.

We're in a competitive division, after all.......

So what should we do.. red shirt the QBs. Its football be aware your playing a violent sport and protect yourself.

Do the rules say a defensive player cant target specific body parts or is it they cant target the head. Another possible solution would be to require far less substantial helmets.

Do the rules say a defensive player cant target specific body parts or is it they cant target the head. Another possible solution would be to require far less substantial helmets.

Playing Rule Article 8: It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent. The player may be disqualified. Applies to any player anywhere on the field. The player may be disqualified.

The part about specific body parts, I suppose, can't be conclusively proven. Like I said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.