• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2019/2020 NFL Discussion Thread v. Superman Returns...and then leaves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezekiel Elliott gets new contract:
Cowboys RB ends holdout, agrees to 6-year, $90M extension

Nearly $50 million is guaranteed, and Elliott now could be with the Cowboys for eight seasons
The holdout has come to an end, and Ezekiel Elliott is about to be a very happy and wealthy man. The two-time NFL rushing champ has been awarded a six-year contract extension (on top of his two current seasons) from the Dallas Cowboys worth more than $90 million, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

Elliott's maximum deal will mushroom to eight years worth $103 million when included with his previous contract, making him the highest-paid running back in NFL history. Elliott will take home nearly $50 million in guarantees on his new contract. Details are still being clarified. ESPN's Todd Archer first reported the agreement.

Thats seems like a risky thing for the Cowgirls to do. Running backs just dont have that long of shelf life

@alasdairm what do you think about the recent AB developments and what it means for the Raiders? I had to change my pick to Denver...

i think he's a selfish douche.

it's a big hit to the raiders but maybe darren waller picks up more targets and ty williams is solid. raiders probably squeak through even without ab.

hard to know. i'm not sensing a great game :)

alasdair

Here we go everyone ... the NFL's 100th season is officially underway!

yep - they're looking a good as all the off-season hype :)

alasdair

Am I missing something? I thought neither team looked legit. AR and Trubisky both had sub 30 qbrs.

GB's punter was pretty clutch. That's about it.

gb def held the bears to 3 pts, had 5 sacks and an int. i'd say that's pretty legit defense.

alasdair

gb def held the bears to 3 pts, had 5 sacks and an int. i'd say that's pretty legit defense.

alasdair

My brain processed "def" as "definitely". Nah, if you're talking specifically defense your totally right. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.