• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe 2 years of kratom

capn_turtle

Greenlighter
I'm coming off 2 years of every day kratom use in the mid 20g's a day for the last year. I decided to taper with bupe and started at 2mg first day then 1 for a while and eventually down to .25 a day in the past few days. I ahve exactly 1 mg left. Are my withdrawalas gonna be unbearable? I ahve 2 kids to take care of so no choice on not being sick. I've had back up kratom in case it became unbearable as well ass a number of tramadol. Should I mayb edrop to 1 or 2 tramadol then cold turkey or am I still gonna be sick as shit for a week. Not sure what to do. I'm comfortable at .25 which seems amazing though. I still ahve trouble sleep ing and shit and motivation issues but i've over came them. Thoughts?

I'm a week off a 2 year run with kratom in the same dosages you were at (I'm basically you, in the future - hi from the future) .. I tapered with kratom as I knew using Suboxone was like using an atomic bomb to kill a fly. That's why you feel comfortable at .25mg. That minuscule amount is the point many people jump off Suboxone. Kratom withdrawal is super short compared to Suboxone so you definitely don't want to swap habits here. Do a rapid taper and use low dose tramadol (50mg) as needed. Good luck although you don't really need it, I jumped at 1g/day of kratom and felt mild withdrawal for 4 days before symptoms faded. I'm now running 3 miles a day and hitting the gym to get those receptors back in to homeostasis. It sucks but it really does work.

Yeah I've been exercising a lot and drinking muscle milks and monster protein drinks and I fee the withdrawal as is but taking it in the morning lets me make it to 6 an. Today not Til 11am nearly. Going from as u say an atomic bomb is true. Sub is much more powerful but I could not dose the kratom I needed while maintaining a diet. The sub really helped me get my body more in shape and ready I guess I'm hoping. I'm gonna report back tomorrow after trying to do. 125. I bet it gets me to the evening but if I could fight a night I could probably do an 8 day .125 regimen just cause my opiate use extends far beyond the use of kratom. It dates back about 1: years Go when u could be of &0s for 25 dollars lol I've sone several things Nd opiates in general habitually. Last time was the worst. I went from h to Sub to kratom. Which if I have severe breakthrough pain I will do this time but I e had high K and Mg uptake lately and exercising so fingers are way.crossed

I would drop the sub as soon as possible. You're better off cold turkying the kratom than trying to get off it with subs. Its like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Still Kratom has way more active alkaloids. I never really jumped onto bupe. And yes I did have plenty of withdrawals when i switched. I still do every time I lower my dose. I was taking high grade Kratom and i literally mean every single day for 2 years. So i'm thinking 3 weeks of bupe vs a years kratoms wd will still be less going to such a low dose. And not once with it did I aim to get high, I did only what it took to function. I'm not taking whole strips or even quarters. I'm taking 1/32 of a strip a day but i hear there is an actual brand pain killer at 300mg or something like that.

Its called Butrans (patch) and its dosed in micrograms (not milligram) It helps mostly for pain patients
that never developed a tolerance to opiate / opioids.

I would drop the sub as soon as possible. You're better off cold turkying the kratom than trying to get off it with subs. Its like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

I completely agree! The longer you stay on the subs the worse will the WD be. Good that you are only taking a low dose, 2mg/day is way too much for a Kratom habit, even a 2 year long one.
I am doing it the other way around, jumping from ~0,5mg Bupe to Kratom 3x5g a day :)
Good luck and pls update on this, I am interested in how it goes.

I just quit a 6 month habit same dosage as you. I did it with a handful of valium and pot. If you've ever done an opiate or opiate like withdrawal then this is a cake walk. Same symptoms but less intense and they only lasted 4 days

If you were just utilizing the plain leaf plant material and avoiding the ultra enhanced strains and potent extracts, the withdrawal will be short-lived and tolerable albeit unique in it's own nature. DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE KRATOM AS A BACKUP PLAN!!!

Throw it away.

In my experience, Kratom withdrawal lasts 3-4 days max with some lingering anxiety for around 7-10 days. I've been exercising and adhering to a meticulous diet and intense exercise routine for almost 9 years now with no time off, so you must take that into consideration if you experience prolonged disposition. I'm sure the Suboxone is not only working impeccably at MASKING the withdrawal symtoms, but getting you high as well. You are already at .125mg of the Subs, so drop them. The worst and most intense side effects from Kratom use and withdrawals for me were digestive issues i.e. severe constipation, stomach acid, frequent waves of nausea. I love Kratom more than anyone, but from personal experience, long term use of high dosages is definitely toxic. I don't care about the studies or lack of studies on Kratom, this is my opinion from experience.

In the future, if you ever find yourself in this situation again, I recommend:

-1mg of Clonazepam 2x per day

-Osmotic laxative like Miralax

-Fiber Pills

-EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE

-Sauna and hydrate

-Stay busy

Good luck but it will subside shortly!