Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2-methyl-AP-237 - Experienced - 2-METHYL-AP-237 (2MAP) Report

Synaps3

Bluelighter
I've only seen one other report of this substance here and it seems to be gaining popularity, so I figured I'd do another one.

I obtained 3g of the substance.
I'd first like to warn that this substance is incredibly addictive. Probably the most addictive drug I've ever taken. If you've got a problem with opiates, then it's best to stay away from this.

First trial:
5mg was taken as an allergy test. No effects. Maybe a subtle sedation/dissociation.

Taste: Sour, metallic, caustic
Appearance: White sea salt
Smell: Cheese
Overall effects: Like morphine, but with more euphoria and shorter lasting.
Side effects: Feels wobbly, slight tinnitus, and a little retrograde amnesia

About 30 minutes after the 5mg test dose, 15mg was taken.
This blew me away. My tolerance at this point consisted of only kratom at 20g per day. The 15mg hit fully in only 10 minutes. The dose was taken orally.
Very strong opiate effects felt. There was also a slight dissociation and my body felt a little drunken.
There was no nod, but I felt right on the verge of it. The effects lasted 2 hours.

Next dose was taken several hours later and consisted of 30mg dissolved in a glass of water. It only took a few mins to get it fully dissolved. I drank half the glass and then waited an hour and drank the rest. This time nods were experienced. The euphoria on this substance is very high. Never had oxy, but I have done morphine (only orally) up to 100mg defeated time release. Analgesically, this felt the same as morphine at 100mg. The euphoria was much much greater though. It lasted only 2.5 hours, but was very good. Even though the high only lasts a little over two hours, I think it lingers for at least 10 hours even though you don't feel it. My reason for this is that I didn't feel my usual kratom withdrawal oppon awaking several days. I have not used any kratom during my time with this substance. I normally wake up after about 7 hours feeling the need for kratom, but after taking this, when I woke up, I did not feel anything (until the last couple days). No hangover either. The only thing I did notice is that it causes mild retrograde amnesia. The things that I did while peaking were forgotten. When I am on it, I don't notice any memory problems, however.

Since that day, I've developed a problem with this substance. I've been taking about 100mg total per day. I usually put a little over 30mg in a glass and just drink it. It is surprisingly mild when diluted so much. It's almost not tastable at all. It's now been 22 days and I only got a couple 100 milligrams left. I find it impossible to get myself to stop. When I finish the last of this stuff, I do not plan on ordering more. I am pretty good about using substances responsibly, but not this stuff.

I noticed that after the first 4 days, my tolerance almost doubled. Now I drink the full 30mg at once instead of waiting an hour in between. And sometimes I even cheat and take a bump. The tolerance plateaus after the first couple days and it goes up much slower. Nasally, this substance is very caustic. The burn is high, but it only lasts a few minutes, so it is tolerable. I have a feeling that it just numbs the nostril, but it's probably still burning away up there and you don't feel it. I also tried this sublingually. Sublingually, it doesn't burn too bad, but the taste is very bad. I got used to it though. It really numbs the contact area.

In terms of the best method of administration. I would recommend orally or nasally. Nasally is very unpleasant, but I find the effects to be a bit different than orally. It kicks in slightly faster than oral and feels a lot more relaxing and sedating. Taken orally, it almost feels like a stimulant on the come up. That effect eventually goes away however. When taken nasally on the other hand, it feels much more sedating to begin with.

I know this is not taking the form of a normal report, with times, etc. I've just done this so many times that it's not applicable.

If you have any questions, please ask. Like I said earlier, if you are an opiate fiend, do not get into this stuff. It's also not a good way to curb withdrawal, cause you'll just keep wanting more.
Just woke up and did 30mg and a 5mg bump.

BTW: I forgot to add that I think it may be likely we will see a shortage of RCs from China due to the Coronavirus.
I also forgot to mention that I boiled this substance in isopropanol before use. Call me crazy, but I don't want to be snorking coronavirus.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2methylap237
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_addiction
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report. Sounds nice. Although I think RC opioids are a bad thing to be available to the public, I definitely appreciate the information as the only thing worse is RC opioids available with no information.

Thanks for the report. Sounds nice. Although I think RC opioids are a bad thing to be available to the public, I definitely appreciate the information as the only thing worse is RC opioids available with no information.

At least there's something other than fentanyl analogs (or other similar potency chems) being pursued

Thank you for your report I share some similar opinions with you about the drug also. Snorting it is a good ROA for a couple reasons you get a fast come up and the highs is way better IMO then eating it and it felt more rounded had a little mushy feeling after the lines. If it wasn't so corrosive I'd have done it more. But tho it was an enjoyable I'd say that it's the sorta thing to do a couple grams of and move right on forward to the next Chem.

~Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks for the report :)

Haven't dipped into my sample of this stuff yet but the reports I've been seeing sound good, likening it to a more caustic, short-legged morphine. I'll be sure to write up a report when I get around to trialing it myself.

I've been dabbling with this stuff lately, my main source randomly dropped it on their rc list, it's like the best feeling ever better than morphine or tar, I've been snorting it, I've had a little blood when blowing out my nose but no worse then street cocain, so I'm not sure how I feel when I hear the reputation of it being so "caustic" it burns going up the nose for like 3 seconds then it's over, I'm gonna try 50mg orally and see what it feels like. I hope it's not as caustic as every one claims it is.

Thank you for your report I share some similar opinions with you about the drug also. Snorting it is a good ROA for a couple reasons you get a fast come up and the highs is way better IMO then eating it and it felt more rounded had a little mushy feeling after the lines. If it wasn't so corrosive I'd have done it more. But tho it was an enjoyable I'd say that it's the sorta thing to do a couple grams of and move right on forward to the next Chem.

~Charlie

Did you have any stomach problems with it?

Is snorting it that painful? (I have some coming in the mail.)

@negrogesic

It hurts pretty bad but not on the level of a 2C-x.

I'd only used it for that one trial so im not sure if I'd of developed stomach issues but it was a concern. I already have pretty bad acid reflux and that was one of the reasons I avoided purchasing a sizable amount. If you don't turn it into a long term habit you will probably be okay if assume.

@negrogesic

It hurts pretty bad but not on the level of a 2C-x.

I'd only used it for that one trial so im not sure if I'd of developed stomach issues but it was a concern. I already have pretty bad acid reflux and that was one of the reasons I avoided purchasing a sizable amount. If you don't turn it into a long term habit you will probably be okay if assume.

Yeah i also have pretty bad chronic acid reflux (especially lately, its GERD) so I'm a bit worried. I read it can cause prolonged gastric irritation.

Question is, are the stomach issues due to the compound itself being an irritant or the product of synthesis impurities or residual solvents. Or does is it a pharmacological origin, where it is interacting with opioid receptors in the gut?

I wonder if converting it into a freebase would make it less irritating....

So is this confirmed as a new opoid rc?

Yes, but it seems to have more drawbacks than the most common RC opioid: o-desmethyltramadol (o-dsmt), which has been widely available for a decade.

2-Methyl-AP237 apparently is very caustic, even when taken orally. People have reported long lasting stomach discomfort. Apparently it can be smoked but it also causes lung damage. It is also supposed to be pretty euphoric, but this is offset by a short duration of action.

I have been fooling around with this stuff for 2 days now.

The speed at which tolerance is formed is pretty shocking. Yesterday I took 45mg orally and felt it pretty strongly.

Today i took the same dose and felt it pretty mildly. Waiting and hour and snorted 25mg, with only modest increase in effect. Then I snorted another 25mg along with another 25mg orally and still found it overwhelming. Quite strange as the 45mg oral dose yesterday was rather strong.

Snorting it didn't burn much at all despite reports otherwise.

I only use opioids occasionally so its quite odd how I became tolerant to it after a single dose.

Yesterday after the 45mg I was itching like crazy, constricted pupil, etc. Today i have consumed more than twice as much but with about half the effect.

It is quite stimulating, made me want to clean. Did the same thing yesterday. After taking it yesterday I thought it had potential as an occasional recreational opioid, but not I am not so sure.

Quite unlike other opioids, it seems to have a comedown of sorts, somewhat reminiscent of a stimulant comedown.

Last edited:
Be very careful - their is an obvious and simple homologue that contains an aromatic nitro moiety (x2.5 more potent). These tend to be hard on the liver and are possibly VERY toxic.