• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 2-methyl-2-butanol Carbamate

I have tried 2m2b carbamate as well as chlorobutanol. They both felt pretty similar in effects tho I believe the dosage was slightly different. It is a very effective sleep aid and will have you stumbling around like being drunk but IMO neither are very euphoric. Plain old alcohol is more recreational IMO.

Also doesn't taste that good and smells like camphor.

Considering that carisoprodol is widely prescribed for regular use as a muscle relaxant and also commonly used as a recreational drug, is there any reason to believe that 2-m-2-b carbamate would be more carcinogenic when used occasionally for recreational purposes?

Considering that carisoprodol is widely prescribed for regular use as a muscle relaxant and also commonly used as a recreational drug, is there any reason to believe that 2-m-2-b carbamate would be more carcinogenic when used occasionally for recreational purposes?

The better question is do you have any proof otherwise?

^ True, I was just wondering if there was any specific reason that it would be more harmful, but I realize that there probably isn't enough information to really know for sure and it probably is not worth the risk.

^ True, I was just wondering if there was any specific reason that it would be more harmful, but I realize that there probably isn't enough information to really know for sure and it probably is not worth the risk.

Others would have to answer, but with every research chemical you generally take that very risk. Unless you do a gc/ms on every sample (not feasible for most people) there is a risk .

Thank you Sekio, might have gotten some of this and perhaps other carbamates if you hadn't warned me..

Interesting. Maybe the carbanate binds to the picotoxin site (like other carbamates) and it's metabolite is the alcohol.

I would like to try. Cheap to make so could make pills.... Downers in powder form is BAD news.

German Patent 245491 deals with it so I guess someone who can speak German can enlighten us?

I know this is kinda opposite of what this thread is talking about, but what if you removes the urea group from carisoprodol and formed the alcohol equivalent? Has this been done? If not, is it likely to be active/non-toxic? It would be a pretty big molecule to be active as an alcohol or so I would think.

2-Methyl-2-butanyl carbamate (CAS 590-60-3) HAS been tested as a hypnotic. Just use google patents to find the details.

TL;DR Don't take this; it is a likely carcinogen.

Carbamates are much more than "powdered versions" of their alcohol counterparts, they are in fact totally different drugs. They are not just prodrugs for alcohols.

The carbamate group is basically a urea molecule bonded to an alcohol. Many carbamates are also known as urethanes - urethane is the name for ethyl carbamate.. You may know of "urethanes" as a type of plastic. Some carbamates are used as insecticides (Carbaryl) because they inhibit AChE.

The "pharmacologically relevant" carbamates are drugs like carisoprodol/Soma, tybamate, methocarbamol etc, which have not-immediately-obvious modes of action (in some cases GABAa agonism but in others, e.g. adenosine reuptake inhibition, or just total unknown MoAs)

While many carbamates are not acutely toxic, the lower alkyl carbamates are pretty reactive, probably because they will interacalate into DNA, or something like that. Either way there is a lot of evidence suggesting that they're not good for you...

I do not see any reason to assume that 2m2b-carbamate would not also be this way. At the very least i see no good reason to assume it is safe...
I would definitely avoid consuming random alcohol carbamates for this reason.

So that makes Robaxin/Robaxacet/Robaxisal etc.cancerigens?

Carcinogens.

I had to listen to a NOFX song (Jaw Knee Music) to get it right, yeah, I think I might be underestimating these clonazolam 1mg blotters...