• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 2-FA heart attack warning

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Last week a friend of mine took 2-FA and unfortunately had a heart attack.

They were at a party and took 60mg~ of 2-FA, by consuming one line, and a capsule. They ended up sitting in a car, unable to breathe, and vomiting blood.

They did not immediately go to a hospital, but did so upon waking the following morning, and were consequently diagnosed as having had a heart attack. They were submitted for surgery later that day, to see if they needed their heart valves widened, but they didn't.

Thankfully they are doing okay, but have an irregular heart beat, and require medication.

They are an otherwise healthy recreational drug user in their forties, with experience of various stimulants/empathogens.

I think most of us are aware of 2-FA's potential cardiotoxic effects. I've got no idea if her heart was already unhealthy and on the brink of a heart attack, and the stimulation simply exasperated a latent issue, or that the 2-FA itself somehow specifically contributed.

So that's the situation. I just wanted to make sure this information was online. If people have any questions, thoughts, advice, etc, please feel free to contribute.

Sorry to hear this. Just to clarify, was it one person or more this happened to?

I think most of us are aware of 2-FA's potential cardiotoxic effects.
Is it speculated to be any worse than regular amph? If so I wasn't aware of this.

Sorry to hear this. Just to clarify, was it one person or more this happened to?

Just the one person that I know of.

Is it speculated to be any worse than regular amph? If so I wasn't aware of this.

I'm unsure actually. After a quick google, it appears to be 2-FMA which people talked about being potentially cardiotoxic.

I'm unsure how similar they are, or if the problems are supposed to be present with just 2-FMA?

Either way, fluoroamphetamines are relatively new, so this is up there for anybody who has need to look into this stuff. :)

Shame really, I love the stuff. Not sure I'd touch it now.

Related reading.