Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2-cb

off my pickle

Bluelighter
hey guys,
i had a look at FAQs for info but couldnt find much

in a nutshell, i love pills but i think i am ready for a more intense mindfuck, visuals and the lot, i am too shit scared of LSD because of how unpredictable it is so i am thinking about 2-cb.
so here it is! the 2-cb thread

can users please post thier knowledge on the drug and the experiances that go with it

cheers!

2C-B is just eye-candy to me, very visual in high doses but seriously lacks a certain depth of experience. Best taken orally, I have snorted it before and I would never wish that upon anyone. I have found combining it with other drugs the most satisfying, in particular MDA, the two substances had a real synergy and created an effect way beyond what I would get out of 2C-B alone. Also I find it to be a better drug to take in a quiet environment, eating it at parties tends to detract from some of the more subtle aspects of the drug. For 2C-B was great, it was the first 2C type chemical I had eaten, but once I got to know the experience and the novelty wore off I quickly grew bored with it.

yeh sorry big T but i am for some reason forbidden from accessing erowid!!
it shits me so much!

Why are you forbidden to access erowid? There are plenty of reports on 2cb in the trip reports, and you'll find more info asking what you want there.

If you dont like psychedelics but are bored of mdma, 2cb will float you boat. I think its over rated and boring, as it lacks any insight and has little to no euphoria. If you can come to terms with LSD you will have much more fun, more euphoria, and more insight - its also more available than 2cb.

From Erowid:

2C-B Basics
2C-B Basics
by Erowid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION
2C-B is a synthetic psychedelic that first gained popularity as a legal Ecstasy replacement in the mid 1980s. It is generally considered to be somewhat 'gentler' than LSD or mushrooms, being less prone to catalyzing dissociated freak-outs or overwhelming panic attacks at normal recreational doses. 2C-B is also known for the strong body component of its effects which are alternately described as pleasurable energy or a 'sense of being in the body', and by others as an unpleasant 'buzzing' or body-load.

2C-B is still sometimes sold as "ecstasy", although this is rare because it is actively sought by many users for its unique effects. 2C-B is sometimes chosen for use in psychedelic psychotherapy because its short duration and less 'pushy' character.
[ Main 2C-B Vault ]

Dose
A standard oral dose of 2C-B is between 10 and 40 mg. It is most frequently found in either powder or (small) pill form. Pills have commonly contained 5 mg, though this varies. 2C-B is also sometimes snorted for a shorter experience with quicker onset. Snorted doses are about 1/3 that of an oral dose and are legendarily painful. Underground market 2C-B has historically been of high quality because it has generally been sold to a relatively exclusive market of knowledgeable buyers.

Price
2C-B is often sold at ecstasy prices at clubs & parties, from 10-30$ per 'dose' (usually 15-25mg). Purchased in large quantities it sells for 200-500$ per gram at retail levels or 100-300$ per gram at wholesale prices. (August 2000)

Law
2C-B is illegal to possess and sell in the United States (schedule I) and in most other countries. 2C-B was scheduled in the U.S. in 1993 and in most other countries between 1994 and 1998.

Chemistry
4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B) is a synthetic chemical in the phenethylamine class. It is related structurally to mescaline, DOB, and distantly to MDMA.

History
2C-B was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin in 1974 while exploring homologues of DOB. Its psychoactivity was first discovered on June 25, 1975 by Dr. Shulgin who described it as "beautifully active". 2C-B was marketed in the late 1980s as an MDMA replacement after Ecstasy was scheduled in 1985. It was added to schedule I in the U.S. in 1994 and by 1999, it was illegal in most of the world.

Slang
The Substance: 2C-B, Nexus, Bees
The Experience: Tripping, To See Bees

EFFECTS

Onset
Depending on how much and how recently one has eaten, oral 2C-B generally takes 45-75 minutes to take effect. On a full stomach, onset can be considerably slower.

Duration
The primary effects of 2C-B last approximately 4-6 hours when taken orally. For many people there is an additional period of time (2-4 hrs) where it is difficult to go sleep but where mood and mind-set are mostly back to baseline. The day-after effects of 2C-B are relatively mild, with most users reporting little to no lingering negative effects.

The Experience
In the beginning stages of onset, 2C-B is likely to cause a sort of indefinable feeling similar to anticipation or anxiety. There may be a feeling of energy in the body, and the sense that things are different than usual. As the effects intensify, a wide variety of perceptual changes may occur; pupil dilation, visual patterning and movement, mental stimulation, new perspectives, feelings of insight, emotional shifts (mood lift or introspection), anxiety and confusion. Many people find that the effects of 2C-B are more subtle or manageable than those of other psychedelics, allowing the user to more easily approach baseline thinking during the experience. Unlike some other psychoactives, many people find themselves able to eat shortly after peak effects subside. Closed-eye visuals are quite common with 2C-B. Open-eye visual patterning, color-shifts, and wavering or moving vision are common for many people and are more likely at higher doses

PROBLEMS
Many users do not enjoy the effects of 2C-B because of its unpleasant body effects or 'body load'. Unpleasant stomach effects, gastro-intestinal distress (diarrhea, cramps & gas) are not uncommon. There are also several reports of allergic type reactions causing increased mucus production, occasionally this results in coughing as mucus gathers in the windpipe and lungs.

Other possible negative effects include anxiety and unwanted or frightening thoughts and visions. 2C-B, though significantly lesser common than with LSD, can precipitate strong, temporary changes in an individual's experience of life and reality. It can be a powerful psychoactive experience, especially at higher doses, which is significantly affected by experiences, set and setting. Recent experiences, especially strong ones, can have a substantial effect on a trip. Physically or psychologically unsettling events in the days before a trip can blossom into more serious distress and trauma while tripping. It is important to be prepared for the possibility of encountering difficult or frightening mental states. The Psychedelic Crisis FAQ addresses some of the issues involved in dealing with a difficult trip.

Addiction Potential
2C-B is neither physically addicting nor likely to cause psychological dependance. As with all substances, some people will use it more frequently than they are comfortable with. There is a short period of tolerance after 2C-B use. Using 2C-B two days in a row is likely to lead to a diminished experience the second day, though spaced 5-7 or more days apart, this effect is nearly non-existent.

Contraindications

Do not take 2C-B if you are currently taking an MAOI. MAOIs are most commonly found in the prescription anti-depressants Nardil (phenelzine), Parnate (tranylcypromine), Marplan (isocarboxazid), Eldepryl (l-deprenyl), and Aurorex or Manerix (moclobemide). Ayahuasca also contains MAOIs (harmine and harmaline). 2C-B and MAOIs are a potentially dangerous combination. Check with your doctor if you are not sure whether your prescription medication is an MAOI.

Do not operate heavy machinery. Do Not Drive.

If you have a seizure or convulsive disorder or heart problems, you may be at higher risk for health problems when taking 2C-B. Diabetics should monitor their blood sugar closely as there have been some reports of problems.

Individuals currently in the midst of emotional or psychological upheaval in their everyday lives should be careful about choosing to use psychedelics such as 2C-B as they can trigger even more difficulty.

Individuals with a family history of schizophrenia or early onset mental illness should be extremely careful because psychedelics have been known to trigger latent psychological and mental problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Modified - Tue, Jun 19, 2001 Created by Erowid

I've copied and pasted the 2C-B Basics page from Erowid here. If you want any more than that you'll have to find a way to access http://www.erowid.org

Good luck!

BigTrancer :)

I also agree that 2cb offers very little in the way of mindfuck, though it is an intense (sometimes too much so) sensory experience.

2-CB is rare and often expensive... Should either of those factors prevent you from obtaining it, magic mushrooms (psilocybin) is an option you could consider. There's plenty of info around and about on them.

:)

its mushroom season atm my friend! go nuts!!! coz in summer... it only gets harder to source!

i tried 2-cb once but felt like nothing had happened...no tripping and not even a pill effect....got it from a trusted friend too and she wondered why it didnt work either...is it possible that i didn't even know it wasworking?

doofqueen said:
i tried 2-cb once but felt like nothing had happened...no tripping and not even a pill effect....got it from a trusted friend too and she wondered why it didnt work either...is it possible that i didn't even know it wasworking?

Please tell us what dosage you had, how you ingested the drug. Also a trusted friend does not mean it's a trusted source. Friends also can get ripped off/make mistake/have no idea what they are getting/etc etc etc. What kind of environment were you in, one with lots of distractions like (loud) music, people talking etc. Did you have any other drugs at the time? There are many factors involved during a drug experience, we need to know many as possible to see why something didn't work the way it 'was supposed to'. Also from what BT quoted from erowid:
Many people find that the effects of 2C-B are more subtle or manageable than those of other psychedelics, allowing the user to more easily approach baseline thinking during the experience. Unlike some other psychoactives, many people find themselves able to eat shortly after peak effects subside. Closed-eye visuals are quite common with 2C-B. Open-eye visual patterning, color-shifts, and wavering or moving vision are common for many people and are more likely at higher dose

The experience might have just been subtle for you to notice expecting a 'typical pill headfuck' or something like that but not having the in your face experience can lead people thinking the drug hasn't work. I have heard many people on good clean mdma powder thinking they got nothing because it was the effects were too subtle until they actually moved from an environment with distractions (a club) and went home and then *BOOM* they realised they were rolling big time, in a much different way to having a pill. This might have happened to you. Give us more info on what actually happened before real answers can be given.

2CB, mmm had some fun on this shit, but would have to agree with killarava2day no snorting and extended binges would make me get board of this drug quickly. Also be very sure of your dosage down to within approx 2 mgs, as i seen what uncalculated doses do and it is not particularly pretty. As for being a headfuck, all my doses have been in excess of 30mgs and it is quite intense, i would want to be surrounded by hundreds of ppl and not have a seat. In terms of the feeling upstairs it doesn't have quite that invasive surge of secret knowledge filling up your cerebellum feeling as given by sweet wonderful LSD, but gives something more similar to MD, although on my first time i found it made me quite docile and disoriented- but it was hella fun anyway!
Stay safe, do more research!

i'm not too sure about the dosage...it was in a cap form and was told it was 2cb...it was when i saw infected mushroom play...was indoors and yeah lots of loud music and had not taken any other drugs with it and i just swallowed it

nothing actually happened though...that was the thing...i felt like i was totally straight

^ Is there any way you can tell if it's really 2C-B? Have you tried a reagent tester to confirm? I'd be interested to hear the test results, to compare with local results.

BT: what would be the likely substitutes that people would try and pass off as 2CB?
MDA mainly IMHO, high dose MDMA, combination of MD and LSD, maby even DXM?

Any of the above... a crushed pill, a hit of speed, who knows. People will put anything in a capsule these days... but not many of them will give a green Marquis result :)

Too true...... i'd only accept 2CB if it came in those tiny vials with a meniscus at the top!