• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1P-LSD vs ALD-52

What's a "small amount"? LSD is very effective at promoting wakefulness for me.

Also, as an empiricist, given that it's a proven fact that these N-acyl lysergides are prodrugs for LSD that are rapidly hydrolysed, discusssion of the merits of any one vs. any other is probably not much different than discussion of the various blotter art designs. The dosage when adjusted to LSD-equivalents is a more important variable.

I personally think the difference is in peoples heads....hell every trip has a different vibe or feel to it anyways even when using the same batch of any psychedelic.

This... I have seen instances where people report totally different trips from two batches of material that turned out to be identical in terms of purity and composition. And even blotters from the same sheet can produce different trips (set and setting!).

Just a quick add here as I'm in rough and fatigued shape.

But last night I took my 2nd ever trip on ALD 52. 250ug, right when I was on the verge of unconsciousness after food and heavy kava session.

I slept through the trip, but tossed and turned, got uo lots of times for the toilet.

Regardless- wow! ALD is incredible. Really powerful, smooth comeup. Closed and open eye visuals, fully holographic multicoloured wavering.

Defintely my own personal favourite lysergamide.

I never expected such a fully visual, hallucinogenic and powerful trip from 250ug.

It was in many ways, effect wise, especially visually, like one's first ever 250ug trip.

I so much prefer ALD 52 to 1plsd, and even 1cP-lsd, and in fact I think also-
LSD 25.

Some real, beautiful clean magic to ALD. Definitely longer lasting too. Much more of a 24 hour trip.

I like both and as much as people say that its placebo I still feel strongly that there's a difference between these two after many,many experiences with both. My feeling on this (no proof of course) is the way in which a substance is metabolized can have an effect on how the substance "hits" and with a malleable compound like LSD I dont think its far fetched to say that aspect can change the character of a trip.

ALD-52 has a very warm comeup for me, every time. It never has not. Even in situations where I didnt know it was ALD or 1p. As a result ALD always feels warmer as a whole, gentle, wiser.

1P always feels likes its nothing for hours and then w the intensity of a punch,I'm tripping. Its no surprise then to me that 1P trips end up feeling more manic and electric. While ALD feels more relaxed and earthy. Though I prefer ALD-52 theres times where I find that manic electric feel of 1P is better suited for creativity.

There are some very real differences between 1P-LSD and ALD-52. I've done a bunch of blind tests with them and I can easily tell the difference every time. Their headspaces, visuals, body loads, etc. are all different.

The first few times I took 1P-LSD I noticed differences from LSD but I thought it could be all in my head, and I was skeptical of other people who said they could tell the difference. When people said that 1P sucked compared to real acid I was the guy who would get butthurt and talk about the chemistry of it and tell the story of the same acid on different colored blotter paper. I thought that people were being snobs when they said that they had done a lot of LSD and that the 1x-LSDs are not the same at all. Now I realize that I was the one who was being arrogant for thinking that people are too dumb to characterize the effects of a drug.

I don't think pharmacokinetics is enough to explain the differences between them. It doesn't matter whether I take it sublingually or swallow it, whether I take it all at once or in staggered doses, whether I have a full or empty stomach. The distinctive character of each 1x-LSD is always there from the beginning of the trip to the end, no matter how fast or slow the onset is. The claim that the unmetabolized 1x-LSDs have no activity has been debunked. It turns out that they actually have higher affinity than LSD at a few receptors. I think it's likely that for a lot of people they actually are indistinguishable from LSD, while others who metabolize it differently are able to notice differences.

I find that ALD is very similar to LSD, 1cP is still fairly similar but with more of its own distinctive character, and 1P is the least LSD-like, although it still is pretty similar to LSD in a some ways. Although I've had some great trips with 1P, I don't like it as much as the others because it's more speedy and anxious and the body load is a lot worse. The vasoconstriction I get from 1P is by far the worst of any drug I've taken.

@cj187 i don’t have nearly the experience with each 1x nor have I had any blind trials. But I have also noticed significant differences between 1 a, p and cp.

I’m most curious about the claim that “unmetabolized 1x-LSDs have no activity has been debunked. It turns out that they actually have higher affinity than LSD at a few receptors”... I’ve read a few studies where they have less affinity than lsd at given receptors but never more...can you share a link please?

gRRkKHB.png

this shows that ALD-62 etc are actually 5-HT2A antagonists ... oopsy daisy

That doesn't mean that it does absolutely nothing. Pharmacology is not as simple as you seem to think it is.

So the Sherry tek to acytelate various lysergic's. Which was described in an other thread would not work on ALD-52.

As the paper CJ187 added states "1-Acetyl-LSD (ALD52)"

Or is this acetyl group placed on another part?

I only have a single experience with it, but I found ALD-52 to come on quite quickly. I felt the first effects in maybe 15 minutes which was unexpected, but I have had that happen before on LSD and 1P-LSD.

I only took a single tab, so the effects were pretty light; comparable to an equivalent amount of 1P-LSD. The only unusual effect I noticed was a greatly increased sense of smell. I had picked up some fish tacos for lunch and the odor while eating them was just incredible. I've never experienced anything like it on LSD, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD or ETH-LAD.

I still haven't quite placed my finger on the exact differences between all the different lysergics.
My girlfriend has far more favorable experiences with ALD-52 though for whatever reason. Seems pretty common actually.
I know I found 1P to surprisingly punchy and forced for a lysergic. Still have yet to try the 1cP variant, but I have tried AL-LAD and ETH-LAD at various times and found them to be "like acid but slightly different" but not in ways I could easilly quantify. LSZ was pretty distinct I know that much. I recognize that ALD-52 has a certain smoothness and mild niceness to it, but doesn't exactly make me feel like i'm trippin balls or anything

I do remember an incredible taste and aroma enhancement with LSZ though. And I was at a festival with all sorts of deep fried stuff going on and floating food smells. Pyschs routinely completely neutralize my desire for food so that was pretty noteworthy for me.

I’ll throw in my 2 cents

I would agree that most of this in peoples head. I tried what was sold as 1p LSD and it was indistinguishable from LSD sold illegally. A friend who tried it said that was “bad acid”. I gave him a tab of LSD that I thought was “bad” (heavy body load) and he said it was the best he’s ever had.

So idk without double blind taste tests i approach this whole issue with some doubt. I think I that often times (not always but often) negative psychological experiences might get termed by the user as a “worse substance” even if it was Sandoz LSD from Dr Hoffman himself 🤷‍♂️