• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 1600 mcg actiq: Decent Tolerance, Don't want to OD. Yes I Searched:)

Jlosnow

Bluelighter
Background: L5 S1 fusion, decompression, partial laminectomy surgery in 2012 for grade 3 spondylosthesis, and stenosis. Partial failure, spine still 31% out of alignment, permanent nerve damage causing sciatica. I also have micro fractures in L4, L5, and S1 and arthritis in my back. 2nd surgery in 2013 for hardware removal. I could see and feel the screws under my skin and I couldn't lean back in a chair or lie on my back. Spine fused and stable but because the doc couldn't align it all the way back without absolutely destroying my nerves I was told I will have chronic pain the rest of my life.

Tolerance: PM doc has me scripted hydro 10/325 5 daily, ms contin 30 2x daily. I have been on these same two meds since 2011 and as a result, due to tolerance they don't even touch my pain. So, I end up taking about 8-10 hydro a day and 5-6 of the morphine and I run out early every month and have to turn to other methods to get meds. (Yes I have told my PM doc numerous times the meds don't work, asked to switch, cried in his office out of sheer pain, frustration and hopelessness at the thought that I have to live my life in so much pain every day for the rest of my days :(

Actiq questions: I searched the site and read the fent thread and didn't find anything much about the fent lollies, especially the 1600 strength. My friend gave me a 1600mcg lollie and I'm afraid to OD so I have been researching how long to suck on it, what the conversion is for the mix of opiates I take, and how to use it for PM, not to get high

Sorry so long. This is my first real thread (I don't count my intro post ). Any advice or help will be very much appreciated ♡ :)

My God, you poor dear. I have nothing useful to add although that fent pop sounds like what I need for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My heart goes out to you, your drug regime is woefully lacking, that part I'm sure of. Unbelievable what we have to do just to smile occasionally. In 20mins I am going to eat 120mgs of oxy then 20mins later another part of me will die as I wonder "is that all the relief I'm getting from that?" I regret not living a fuller life before chronic pain. Much respect to you J.

Buccal fentanyl should be pretty rapidly absorbed, you should be able to just roll it around between your cheek and gumline and under your tongue, and take a little 5-10 minute break for every 5 minutes of lollipop time. You shouldn't need more than a quarter of the 'pop to get an effect. Stop sucking on it once you get to the desired 'high'. If you want to redose you should wait at least half an hour, probably an hour or more between 'sessions' for best results.

For every 100 micrograms of fentanyl absorbed, that's equivalent to about 8 milligrams of morphine absorbed. Or about 10mg of hydrocodone taken orally. (When taken orally, morphine is only 30-50% absorbed).
So worst case, the entire pop would be ~128 mg morphine absorbed - the same as eating about 250mg of morphine, possibly more. In practical usage the amount of fentanyl absorbed is not 100%, but a worst-case figure is the number you want to do safety calculations.

These fentanyl pops are serious shit, you can tell why people would panic over Deadly Narcotic Candy Being Peddled To Our Beloved Children!

@SKR-Tyvm for the support! I wish I could change pm docs but am afraid to get cut off my current dose with someone else.

@Sekio- TYVM for your reply! So Each 1600 Mcg lollie Is roughly 4 Doses FOR ME If I'm Taking 2- 3 10/325 AND 30-60 MG ms contin As one Dose for me every 4-6 hours? Is it bad to swallow the saliva generated from sucking on the pop?

Hi Jlosnow,
How have the lollies worked our for you? Years back they were fairly common in my neck of the woods and I was eating 3 of the 1600mcg pops a day. I never sucked on them. I was using them recreationally and would put one between my cheek and bottom gums and let it slowly absorb over 3-4 hours. Please be careful with the lollies! We all know fentanyl is insanely potent. Even with my slow absorption method I would find myself with my head dragging on the floor out of nowhere. Plus you are on other pain meds as well so be very careful. Let us know how it's working out for you.

Fabric-Thanks for checking on me! They work really well for my pain now that I've experimented with them. It seems half a pop is my sweet spot, any less it isn't very effective, any more and I'm falling asleep.

That is truly awful, I hope you are able to find a way to manage all that pain.. No one should have to suffer like that :(