• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

15 respiratory depression help needed took too much tramdol

adultswimbumpwatch

Greenlighter
I took too many tramdol i forgot how many but it all hit me now and all the air is going to my belly and my chest isn't moving and my head hurts and its hot. How do i get rid of this someone please make dialogue with me help i don't want to go to the doctor my mom would never forgive me

You sound like you need to go to the hospital something like that scary why mess around? Your mom will be a lot more upset if you OD and die.

Hopefully the OP has gone to the hospital by now, but in case he survived and is reading this:
What you were experiencing likely wasn't respiratory depression but serotonin syndrome (hence the hot, painful feeling in your head). Tramadol simultaneously acts as an opioid and an antidepressant (SNRI-type, being structurally related to the antidepressant Effexor), and is thus liable to cause serotonin syndrome when taken in excessive amounts, which may manifest as a number of symptoms including raised blood pressure, high body temperature, delirium, and seizures (and yes, that is a life-threatening medical emergency).
This risk is compounded in people taking antidepressants which, in addition to causing higher baseline serotonin levels, inhibit the formation of Tramadol's stronger (as an opioid) metabolite, meaning the difference between a recreational dose and a seizure-inducing one becomes even smaller.

I don't think serotonin syndrome can be caused by taking too much tramadol. Also serotonin syndrome is much more serious than what the OP described and involves extreme fever, sweating, projectile diarrhea and vomiting, possibly seizures and unconsciousness aka probably being too damn sick to write a post on bluelight.
Cheers

Well, all of this sounds scary, I hope the OP is now safe and that he'll answer because no answer since over 10h is kinda worrying.
And as was said before, when you experience something like this it's better to go to the hospital just in case!
(and don't do the "my mom would never forgive me" thing)

I hate to see this. Taking too much tramadol , or thinking it's "weak" is a dangerous oversight.

I hate to see this. Taking too much tramadol , or thinking it's "weak" is a dangerous oversight.

Yep. I've had seizures two separate times due to this (before I knew any better).

10 was always the threshold for me. But not all at once, just to close together.

Hello guys im partially fine. Im still having trouble breathing and can you guys explain why im high as hell right now even if I slept for 10 hours and haven't taken anything since last night. And also. What can i do to combat all this. Will puking and clearing me entire stomach help?

Don't ever forget this experience.

"If you plan on taking any drug, your first stop should be the library. And its a LONG stop."

Wow, glad you made it through that. I've always read about the seizure risk with tramadol being so dangerous. Be careful! Read as much as you can!

If you're planning on using opiates again I'd suggest you use codeine instead of tramadol; not only is it a nicer experience but it's also far safer ime. Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold and is also an ssri as well as an opioid

The risk of respiratory depression with tramadol is much lower then with traditional opiods.

Tramadol is best in small doses - basically, the smallest dose effective. 150 mg in the morning used to be amazing for me. It's never going to be intoxicating like 'traditional' opiods, but it's very euphoric at the right dose. In the morning, man did it get the day moving nicely - really woke me up and got me in the mood to face the day.

Tolerance to tramadol takes much longer to manifest vs regular opiods, but eventually, the magic wears off. Then, you're stuck with this weird partially opiod partially stimulant partially antidepressant withdrawal that takes forever to get rid of.

Either way, my point is that tramadol really isn't a drug that you load up on to get 'really high'; not only is it particularly dangerous via seizure risk, it's markedly less pleasant the 'higher' you get with it. Small doses are the way to enjoy it.

Don't ever forget this experience.

"If you plan on taking any drug, your first stop should be the library. And its a LONG stop."
Yea man i won't. One of the craziest experiences of my life ever. Im quite thankful for it. It was fairly interesting and bought forth new thoughts and philosophies in my mind. Serotonin syndrome is fucking crazy. Pure hell

You're very lucky you just slept that off. I once OD'd on codeine and if it wouldn't had been for me telling my mom and her bringing me to the ER I would of died no if and or buts about it. I had no blood pressure when I got there, they even had to use the paddle to get my heart going again. Please be careful and please do your research before you dabble!