Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

120 cops = 3 arrests.

Jokerswild

Bluelighter
Surely this massive volume of police resources could be better utilised in other areas, like stake outs in uniting church rectories or boys catholic school change rooms, 3 arrests some H and a weekend bag of pills not really a fair return for 3 months pay for an entire taskforce????

From theadvistiser.com.au

Drug trafficking accused face court

15jul04
THREE men accused of heroin trafficking will face a Sydney court today after more than 120 police swooped on homes in the city's south-west.

The men, aged in their early 20s, were arrested following raids on homes in Punchbowl, Greenacre, Bankstown and Yagoona about 1pm (AEST) yesterday, police said.

Police will allege heroin and about $18,000 worth of pills, believed to be ecstasy, were seized during the crackdown, along with unidentified property under confiscation of the proceeds of crime laws.

The raid was part of a three-month surveillance operation by Task Force Gain, set up to target violent crime in Sydney's south west.

More than 120 plain-clothed and uniformed police were involved.

A 22-year-old Bankstown man was due to appear at Burwood Local Court today, charged with two counts of ongoing supply of heroin.

Two other men, aged 21 and 22, from Punchbowl, also were to appear.

They have been charged with commercial supply of methamphetamines, and ongoing drug supply charges.

Police said the arrests were the first the task force had made in relation to heroin trafficking.

JoKeRsWiLd
:p

I agree, thats alot of resource for very little really.

Ah well..the general public will likely think thats a great effort, getting those "dirty drugs" off our streets.

nice to see this happening.....18,000$ worth of pills? surely they would of spent ten times this trying to catch the buggers

They were probably muslim, xenophobia is great for justifying this sort of crap... 8(

$18,000 worth of pills at Police Prices is 225 pills

I dare say your average Bluelighter would get a better deal

grin.

Interesting that they said "Pills, beleived to be ecstacy" rather than just "ecstacy tablets" or even worse "eccie tabs"!

Some get caught, some don't. Suppliers change, the market shifts, the demand rises and falls, the cycle goes on :)

MunchMan77 said:
$18,000 worth of pills at Police Prices is 225 pills

I dare say your average Bluelighter would get a better deal

grin.

hehe damn you i was just about to post that :p

but yeah, what a waste of resources.. i wonder how many real violent crimes took place that day?

notice how they never said how much heroin was found? i bet it was just enough to get a trafficing charge, which is like what? afew grams?

Jokerswild said:

The raid was part of a three-month surveillance operation by Task Force Gain, set up to target violent crime in Sydney's south west.

JoKeRsWiLd
:p

Umm yeah, they effectiveness of this op scores even worse to think they targeted violent crime but only got ppl with possesion of drugs. Maybe it was violent possession? Or maybe those maggots are too chicken shit to go after violent crime?