[11] Cocaine by Anonymous

Catch-22

Bluelighter
Cool clubs are for cool people on cool drugs listening to cool music with their cool friends. Peer pressure and how we appear in society means something to everyone somehow, all everyone wants to do is fit in and with a lot of people trying to be the coolest then doing things the cool people do will help them on their travels.

And what I hear you ask do the cool people do? Cocaine.

Just as Sprite's advertising campaign claimed, "image is everything" in modern society. Image is perception is acceptance, if someone perceives your image in a way which is acceptable to them then they will either have that image already created of themselves or create that image for themselves through imitation. We look to at our idols such as popstars/celebrities and we will try to imitate them. We get this through the media hence the media controlling our lives, if popstars who let's face it -- always take drugs unless the anti-drugs message is their selling point (JUST SAY NO!) -- then so will we.

Once,

Cocaine, an elite drug for elite people only affordable to the elite.

Now,

Cocaine, an easily available and affordable drug for the easily pleased.

Cocaine is an easy drug to take. It doesn't last for hours and most people claim it boosts their confidence so it can be easily taken in social surroundings. It could be described as a "pick me up" but it's all too easy to start to rely on these "pick me up's". We are in a world of drug users -- whether this is caffeine or cocaine, they are both stimulants. Many people probably rely on caffeine to get them through the day without even realizing they are drug addicts. Cocaine is definitely not any different. But a line costs much more than a cup of coffee -- not forgetting cocaine can kill.

So if your Dad is drinking coffee and [insert random celebrity name here] is doing cocaine, what will you do? Oh and Dave is doing it too, yes that's right Dave who you went to school with, who has suddenly begun pulling the ladies with a new found confidence. How ever could we forget Dave!

Next you'll do cocaine. It's always hard to say when you first try a drug whether it's working or not, a slight tingle, a warm feeling, your body shudders for a split second, but nothing and before you know it Dave chops you out another line. You tilt your head forward trying not to breath out and blow it away, hold the note to your nose and move it along the line, breath out and cover your gums with the left over speckles of powder just like you’d seen on TV.

A powder that could be cut with anything. That cheeky line in the toilets at work could even turn out to be ketamine as a friend springs a surprise on you....

You don't really know what you are taking, but on the plus side popstars do it and Dave's offering to get you a gram from someone his sister knows, who is really cool.

Your first gram of cocaine, it might as well say "My first gram of Cocaine, Mummy wow I’m a big kid now!" on it, though you probably wouldn't buy it if it did. Doesn't look like a gram, how big is a gram supposed to look anyway? I'll save it till the weekend you think, but I suppose this is the noughties and if even the decades name is naughty then the definition of weekend could definitely be altered surely?

Thursday evening is as close to the weekend as you can get without really feeling guilty, so that must be a better time than any! Friday morning and the bag looks definitely different, I wonder if there's three quarters of a gram left now, but then again I don't even know if there was a gram to start with. If this becomes a regular thing perhaps I will have to get some scales. Oops did I say regular thing?

It's as easy as that, many people world over are addicted to cocaine and because the price is dropping all the time, it's now available to anyone. A lot of people seem to progress to coke as though it's a natural thing to do after the pills wear off, perhaps not totally realizing the addiction potential. If they can afford to pay for the coke they use then it might not be seen as a problem.

Image is nothing and addiction can absorb everything around you. Just because you can use a drug so easily and freely in many different situations doesn't mean it should be used as such. Like most drugs there is a time and a place, that place is not wherever and that time is not always now, or when that bag runs out you will be buying more straight away and not even fully realizing that you might have a problem.

It's not nice to look around at people you care about and worrying they might be addicted. If you even try and confront them it just causes even more problems from their inability to admit to it or even consider it. I don't use cocaine as I have seen the negative effects of it on people around me: the denial, the short tempers, the general I don't give a shit about anything I just want some more coke. It might not cause problems for you, but it could and I think you should bear that in mind.

Reminder: I am posting this essay on behalf of someone else. These comments are not an official policy statement. Whether you want to agree or disagree, please put your thoughts in this thread. Do not send me PM's or emails unless you are contributing a new essay of your own. Thanks!

hmmm... I've always thought that, out of the few drugs I've tried, coke is the one that has been the most pointless. Yet it's still the one that I know I probably wouldn't say no to, despite time and place, and it's the one that's the most tempting. Luckily, I don't have the money for it to become something regular (nor do I have the connections to know where to get it anymore).

I used to do coke and smoke crack..
It is an amazing drug..but you basically just get to the point where it isn't worth it anymore.
Those were some amazing times though..

I guess I'm not cool, then. I tried it once, and didn't see the what the big deal was.8)

Just Say aNOnymous

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

:|

Catch-22 said:
That cheeky line in the toilets at work could even turn out to be ketamine as a friend springs a surprise on you....

anyone who cant tell the difference between k and coke shouldnt touch drugs.

coke isn't anything special to me either...speed on the other hand :)

-poste

Re: Re: [11] Cocaine by Anonymous

day_for_night said:
anyone who cant tell the difference between k and coke shouldnt touch drugs.

agreed.... there are some stupid ppl in this world tho

Ok ive only ever seen K, but I imagined coke would look almost exactly the same? (a white powder) so how do you tell the difference (other than shoving it up your nose?)

The sprite campaign was actually "Image is nothing, Thirst is everything."

Eesh....i'm such a corporate whore.

ketamine and coke do look differnt. Go look at some erowid pics if you are unsure.

Also anyone who doesn't at least dab a small ammount of coke whenever they get it as a test is asking for trouble. If you dab about 1/4 of a lines worth and your mouth doesn't go nice and numb with that annoying yet glorious coke numbness you need to be very careful.

I like coke, but only do it maybe once a month or so at most. Im a student so can't afford it and when I do it's normaly only like 1/2 grams so nothing hardcore. I can't, and no one I hang out with can, afford to get a coke habit. When I enter the real world though and start earning some real money it might be different. Only time will tell!

I'm glad I saw this essay.
I've been pondering whether I'd be better off switching to coke instead of alcohol for the last handful of big nights out I have before I leave the country.

I never could understand the idea of going to a club, consuming large amounts of a drug that affects balance and co-ordination, then getting on the dance floor and looking like an idiot.
I think it'd be much better to substitute cocaine for alcohol in this situation.

Liked the high, but never had a problem with it..I get a craving for coke maybe twice a month, but thats it, I kinda like the numbing anesthetic drip....heroin was a whole different story though

Whenever I go to the dentist office to get my teeth cleaned it smells alot like cocaine too, that really triggers cravings...medical settings too...does anyone get that faint cocaine smell when they walk into a dentist office?..it drives me crazy!

renton405 said:
Liked the high, but never had a problem with it..I get a craving for coke maybe twice a month, but thats it, I kinda like the numbing anesthetic drip....heroin was a whole different story though

Whenever I go to the dentist office to get my teeth cleaned it smells alot like cocaine too, that really triggers cravings...medical settings too...does anyone get that faint cocaine smell when they walk into a dentist office?..it drives me crazy!

thats the novocaine or lidocaine they use as anesthetic. smells an awful lot like coke ;)

NuM!NouS, you must live in some far away distant land. Where I live in the South East, cocaine and meth is everywhere. Most teenagers and young adults have seen one of the two before, and most of those, have done it. When I started cocaine, the prices were huge. It was $55 a gram, $160 for an eight ball, and the quality was low. Mind you, this was probably about 1 year and a half ago. Now, it's $80 for two grams, $110 for a ball, and the quality it at it's peak.

A gram of coke, is probably the equivelent to a eigth of pot. They both will go only for about 2 days for a moderate user. Cocaine is getting very popular, and very easy to get. I know people that are 14 doing coke and ice already.

I can easily say I'm a coke addict. I spend almost all my money on it, and can't keep any amount for more than 3 days. It makes the most looserish person feel like they are Zeus on Mt. Olypus. Then after about 45 minutes, they feel like shit. Easy to beat that though! Just do another line, and then sleep off the comedown.

Also, I don't understand how you can't afford coke, but heroin isn't hard to come by. Prices of coke are way lower than any smack I've seen.

I wish i lived where you live yayo because here in wisconsin for me to get half a gram it costs $50, gram $100 and people tax balls so bad that people pay up to like $300 or more for it, but it is quite easy to find around here to so that is a huge plus in my favor i guess. I love coke and i think that essay was a bunch of shit sorry to say, not everyone will do coke if it is front of them and i dont know many people that do it alone unless they are addicted or if they are goin to a rave or some shit. so you talking about someone not being able to wait for a friday night and doin it in their bedrooms is a bunch of shit in my opinion. just because someone does coke a couple times a month does not mean shit. for me i love doing coke when i go to a big party and i will be drinking, but then i also like to do it when my boyfriend and i are alone and want to change it up in the bedroom, because everytime that we have had sex on coke it was fora long time and was awesome, it brought him and i so much closer cause i met him when i was on it and i would not have had the balls to go up to him and talk to him if i was not on it, and that whole night we just sat there and talked and got to know everything about eachother. i still do it a couple times a month but that is it for the fact that my boyfriend and i cannot afford it. does anyone think the same thing that i do about the sex thing, has anyone had sex on coke and it was just great for them?