• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

10mg Methadone jump off

Thats just PAWS. You should feel better in a day or two

Coming off a bad week but last two days have been much better. The roller coaster continues, starting online with Betterhelp.com it is helping a great deal.

Just noticed I spelled methadone wrong in the title of this thread... Must of really been out of it.

That's not enough clonidine. Also clonidine is unlikely to be sufficient to ease much of the discomfort. You need a benzo. Or at least gabapentin or Lyrica preferably a benzo and gabapentin or Lyrica. With enough of both to take 3 times a day for two weeks.

Your going to be in fucking agony if you jump with a tiny bit of clonidine. Last time I kicked I went through 20 .1 clonidine in 5 days on top of other meds
Be aware Lyrica works a treat but causes chronic weight gain. I put on 25kg in 2 months.

Be aware Lyrica works a treat but causes chronic weight gain. I put on 25kg in 2 months.
I am not taking Lyrica but I am pilling on the pounds my appetite is crazy. I am super active but can't seem to lose it, typical to my body though once it starts coming off it will come off fast.

I tried Lyrica years ago does not work for me keeps me too disconnected and tired all the time.

After 216 days off methadone, meditation is actually taking since the methadone is out of me. I have been meditating for years but realized doing so while on methadone was not nearly as effective. I would say this has been the most noticeable improvement overall as in-tangible absolute improvement. I do feel a lot better as far as mental & physical health goes but still have a foggy day or two every so often. On the non-foggy days, sleep is good. I am a light sleeper normally so 5-6 hours is good as long as its good sleep which it is at the moment.

I did the Burmese method when i was at 30mg of methadone and it was almost painless but if your weeks away from using you will start to feel better
Restlessness is by far my worst symptom

Update, man do I feel it was all worth it! Funny the longer your off the junk the less you have to say about it. Today was an extremely stressful day & I was not tempted at all to turn to numbing myself - in fact it was more like "the last thing I needed". I was also in a serious car accident September 4th, I was very lucky not to be hurt beyond feeling like someone kicked my ass - I could have had whatever I wanted in the ER and beyond but made the decision not to. So in recap temptation always presents itself and I am not too proud to say to myself, I no longer want another 10 years gone to being numbed by pain meds.

Yes your withdrawing from methadone. Something is getting lost in translation between you and your doctor I think. Buprenorphine patches can't be used with hydrocodone. In order to induct onto the patches you need to be in full withdrawal from opiates which is like 24 hours after last hydro dose. The patches might help but your still in for a world of shit. Switching from a full agonist to a partial agonist isn't fun.

The bupe won't sweat through your skin man. Your dog and grand kids are perfectly safe as long as they don't eat a patch. It seems to me if your having to take more doses of hydro now to control pain then your better off on methadone. Hydro has acetaminophen which is bad for your liver with frequent doses.

What's your overall goal here? No opiates?

Oh and look up precipitated withdrawal before you use any of the buprenorphine. If you take it while you have opiates on your receptors (ie your not in withdrawal) then you will have a horrific experience. Only take buprenorphine when your in full blown withdrawal
CJ you still on here? I have some updates and new struggles you seemed to be up on what to expect and it was that way exactly.

CJ you still on here? I have some updates and new struggles you seemed to be up on what to expect and it was that way exactly.
What's the issue? I have withdrawn from a lot of substances numerous times. I might be able to assist.

The US sounds crazy. About the only advantage to methadone is the cost and MAYBE in the US it's the only 'strong opioid' doctors are willing to give after the OxyContin scandal. I get 80mg of OxyContin (or rather the UK generic) which I split over 3 doses. The doctors were adamant that it was ILLEGAL for them to prescribe it TID.. went to a consultant who just said 'fine, I will write to your doctor and get it switched to TID'.

I don't like it much and was considering asking for methadone BID (for pain once daily is a bad idea) but I will think again.

I've been careful to ensure that the dose is low enough so that in an emergency I can switch to codeine (which is a [P] medicine here). The doctor screwed up my prescription several times and if it hadn't been for codeine, I would have been stuck.

You might ask why oxycodone anyway? Well morphine does nothing at ANY dose, tramadol caused seizures, buprenorphine caused crippling anxiety and fentanyl patches just will not stick - at least not for 3 days.

That leaves hydromorphone (no - that's only used in theory. Never heard of a doctor prescribing it) or methadone.

So I will have to stick with the OxyContin. Been on it for years and it still works, touch wood.