• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 1000 mg Morphine Sulfate. What to do?

CashCrop

Greenlighter
I recently obtained a vial of morphine sulfate 1000mg (1gram)/20 mL. This breaks down to 50 mg/mL and is produced by Hospira. I would love to try this intravenously but do not want to do anything rash and without advice, as I know this is highly concentrated. Do I dilute it first? What do I dilute it with and whats the proportions? Any help would be appreciated.

I am going to right verbatim how the bottle reads. "Not for intrathecal or epidural use. Caution: for dilution only. Not for direct injection"

Also, my background is moderate opiate tolerance. I do about 75 to 100 mg of oxycodone per day through insufflation. I have only injected oxycodone three times, with the highest amount being 75 mg, and I felt fine (even thought about doing more but did not).

Thanks for reading. My thoughts are either inject 0.5 mL undiluted, or dilute with normal saline or sterile water, both of which I can get my hands on.

Do you have any 22 gauge IM needles? You could consider injecting the substance into a muscle.

0.9% Normal Saline is the ideal solution to use for dilution; however, if you do not have this you may want to try distilled water.

Do you have any 22 gauge IM needles? You could consider injecting the substance into a muscle.

0.9% Normal Saline is the ideal solution to use for dilution; however, if you do not have this you may want to try distilled water.

I have 22g needles but would never use something so large for an IM injection! 8o

First off, wow...You sure are lucky. Second, DILUTE IT. Do not try to just get by because man you could easily OD. Prepare for the pins and needles.

Dilute it to your tolerance and know your tolerance too. It gives a nice kick if you IV it or you can IM it and it will last a wee bit longer. I think they feed this stuff through a drip in the hospital right? Id say you could dilute it with sterile water. That should be fine.

It will be a complete waste UNLESS you IV it imo. I aquired 3 of those bottles as my initial "relapse" into full out opiate addiction 2 years ago. I took morphine orally everyday for about a month and it SUCKS. Even on the first day I took 180mg in my mouth and barely felt it (it was blister sealed right from the pharmacy)

After I was done rather than go back to being clean, I felt "ripped off" not realizing how weak morpine was (at least compared to pods which is my only reference point). I ordereds pods to "help" me get off the morphine, got high as a kite off them and right back into active addiction for 2 years.

At one point I believe I took 340mg morphine orally and even though it felt "ok" I still very much prefered the high from the pods to it. If I had only known about plugging back then I could have prob gotten much higher off it but just whatever you do don't waste that shit by taking it orally. You'll be done with it in less than a week and won't even enjoy it that much.

Thanks for the replies. I diluted in this manner for IV: 0.4 mL morphine to 0.4 mL 0.9% normal saline, which plays out to 20 mg of morphine in a 0.8 mL mixture. Everything worked out perfectly. As I do not normally IV, this was by far the best rush I have ever gotten. Thanks again as I'm not sure if or how I would have diluted without this thread.

I do have 23 gauge IM needles, but have not gone that route yet. I'll keep you posted and keep the replies and ideas coming if there are anymore.

Best part about morphine is the pins and needles rush you get from IV. It would be a waste to IM and lose some/most of that rush, imo.

Start out small though bro. I have a 120mg a setting oral OC tolerance. 30mg of Morphine sometimes puts me on my ass. It is a different world through a needle.