• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

10 late news; Man dies, 2 others admitted to hospital

Oh and apaprently they were yelling out about how they were helicopters before they died. Maybew from thw wah wah wah sound. Or they were going to yell Help but got trapped in subconscious flow.

They were in an Excel, in Toongabbie

What more would you expect? :\

beautiful

Well, I guess that the whole thing could have been accidental, but IMO I think it's a case of guilty until proven innocent...

One thing I noticed from the TV news report is that the cylinder was medical grade, characterised by its blue colour. Unless it was damaged from rough handling then I'd doubt very much the valve and head assembly would be faulty. The valve needle pin is replaced and checked each time the bottle is refilled.

Second death in laughing gas incident
September 20, 2005 - 6:24AM

A second person a has died following what's believed to be a bungled laughing gas experiment in Sydney.

Four people were dragged, unconscious, from a car in Union Street, Toongabbie, about 7.45am on Sunday.

A blue cylinder marked nitrous oxide, found in the boot, has been seized for examination.

A 38-year-old man was rushed to hospital but was unable to be revived.

Police said a 23-year-old Maraylya woman died at 5pm yesterday in Westmead Hospital, surrounded by her family.

News Ltd newspapers name the two dead as Tolson Domovski from Toongabbie, and Jessica Murray.

Ms Murray was reportedly the girlfriend of Mr Domovski's flatmate Jason Busuttil.

Mr Busuttil, 33, and a fourth man, 22, known only as Peter, were treated at Blacktown hospital and later released.

Blacktown police are continuing to investigate and a report will be prepared for the coroner.

- AAP

From The Age

how do we know if the tank is old/new

it seems strange the the tank was in the boot when this occurred. It means that whomwever put the tank in the boot, turned it on with the realisation that the gas would leak into the car and make them high. Seems like a strange way to get high off nitrous.

if 4 people were found with the masks on their face then it would be a open and shut case but this is nto the case....

dragonflyk8 said:
Another interesting thing dr karl said that i didnt know... if you use wippets (cream bulbs) you can sometimes have quite a nasty effect as they use other chemicals also which are not intended for direct human consumption.
I don't agree - I think Dr Karl was getting confused between food grade (safe) and automotive (NOT SAFE) nitrous. I find it hard to believe that dangerous chemicals would be permitted in food grade nitrous. Happy to be disproved.

p_d: I agree with you on the age thing; most of the people I know who are seriously into nitrous are in their late 20s and 30s. I put this down to a couple of things - younger adults often don't have the financial means to blow huge sums on bulbs (face it, they're exy), and also don't have the connections to get access to a tank.

chugs said:
how do we know if the tank is old/new

it seems strange the the tank was in the boot when this occurred. It means that whomwever put the tank in the boot, turned it on with the realisation that the gas would leak into the car and make them high. Seems like a strange way to get high off nitrous.

if 4 people were found with the masks on their face then it would be a open and shut case but this is nto the case....

I am hearing your comments chug and I can apppreciate where you're coming from. However, you have 4 people, all unconscious, in a car that is parked in the driveway of a house. If a cylinder was damaged and leaking I find it hard to believe that 4 people could be passed out in the car whilst in the driveway. Here's 2 scenarios -

1) All four where driving home in the car with a faulty cylinder of nitrous. This would mean that even under the poisonous effects of nitrous without any oxygen the driver still managed to park the car in the driveway, then passed out. We would also need to assume all of the air vents in the vehicle where sealed shut

2) All four passed out from the leaking tank in the driveway as they where about to drive somewhere. Why would they sit in the parked car for so long with out driving and given there where four people, if they where all unaware of the leaking cylinder wouldn't someone come to the realisation that something wasn't quite right?

Kind of still on your way of thinking though, I would be interested to find out if perhaps this was just the result of a very poorly informed choice of product. Can anyone yet state for a fact that this cylinder was not actually autmotive grade NOS? All the articles keep saying is that there was a blue cylinder marked nitrous. Quite often in motor sport parlance NOS is simply referred to as nitrous and I have actually seen NOS injection cylinders with a big sticker on it that clearly states 'Nitrous'.

But as stated, death was clearly the result of Hypoxia. Breathing in any gas without the precense of oxygen will kill you. Just keen to know if Nitrous Oxide Gas is what we are actually talking about.

All banter aside, it just shits me to think that we have 2 deaths that could have been easily avoided through education.:p

Can anyone yet state for a fact that this cylinder was not actually autmotive grade NOS?

yeah, sorry, autograde cylinders are blue as well. However, I did think the quick skynews shot of the bottle revealed a medical valve assembly.

Once when we were getting autograde gas, the gas guy accidentally gave us medical grade instead. The dispenser/ valve assembly was quite different, no doubt to avoid autograde being used in hospital/ dental applications.

aunty establishment said:
I agree with you on the age thing; most of the people I know who are seriously into nitrous are in their late 20s and 30s. I put this down to a couple of things - younger adults often don't have the financial means to blow huge sums on bulbs (face it, they're exy), and also don't have the connections to get access to a tank.

Access to bulbs has significantly changed since, say, the late '80s. Back then, the bulbs were a lot cheaper. Also, they were just sitting on the supermarket shelf, so effectively free if you felt that way inclined ;) We were all pretty young back then when we got into bulbs. But then things changed - I can still remember finding out that the servo on Cleveland St had started selling singles for a dollar :eek: So maybe age is a factor now, but it wasn't before

phase_dancer said:
yeah, sorry, autograde cylinders are blue as well. However, I did think the quick skynews shot of the bottle revealed a medical valve assembly.

Once when we were getting autograde gas, the gas guy accidentally gave us medical grade instead. The dispenser/ valve assembly was quite different, no doubt to avoid autograde being used in hospital/ dental applications.

Besides, NOS in an Excel... Pfffttt!!!!

I know, I know, lame...

Did anyone catch jjj's hack program today? They were talking about this story and recreational nitrous use.

I missed it unfortunately but apparently the responses from callers were overwhelmingly negative... :\

...I'll be stocking up on a few boxes today, just in case!

New Zealand has just banned Nitrous - well, actually they 'clarified' the law that says you can't sell anything for recreational use beyond what it is intended for, because shops were openly selling it for drug-use.

The issue that I see is that, with humankind's propensity to find ways to get fucked up, if you remove what is one of the most safest recreational drugs known then people will find more dangerous ways to get high.

This could be stealing whole tanks of nitrous instead of just buying cream chargers - huge potential for hypoxia compared to charger balloons; buying Auto grade nitrous and getting fucked up by the dodgy chemicals (chemicals which, I'm pretty sure, were only added to stop people from huffing tanks back in the 70s and provide little or no performance increase); or using other more harmful substances to huff, such as butane or aerosol propellant.

What happened here in New Zealand, I think, was that the Government needed to be seen responding to the concerns of a bunch of misinformed vigilante mothers and that nitrous was the easiest target. You can't ban butane, yet this has killed many of our young teens. Nitrous has never come close. I'd argue that the situation you guys have with the car deaths would be encouraged by banning Nitrous - as this is how keen people would be getting it from now on, not in the small measured doses provided by bulbs.

chemical freak said:
Did anyone catch jjj's hack program today? They were talking about this story and recreational nitrous use.

I heard it and basically everyone called had horror stories, or more to the point over embelished stories. One guy called and said he tried to crack to many bulbs into a bulb machine and the metal part forced itself away from the plastic bit and smashed his shin. Ouch :X

...I'll be stocking up on a few boxes today, just in case!

Good idea. With all of this hype in the press at the moment I am sure you will find it hard to buy bulbs from any source other than online or from a head shop. May have to send my grandmother into the gourmet food shop to buy a couple of boxes so she can do cream on her scones for thursday bingo ;)

Besides, NOS in an Excel... Pfffttt!!!!

I was more thinking of them just transporting it, but having said that coming from Sydney, I have seen some fucked up car mods that just make you shake your head in utter disbelief!

Last edited: