• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

1,4B or GBL

If it were a 1,2 diol I could suggest 4 or 5 tests, but these rely on the close proximity of the -OH groups.

I have some fanciful ideas, one of which involves a butyl ester/ metal complex. A similar thin layer chromatography test for 1,2 diols uses lead tetra acetate, but in saying that, it's a far cry from saying the longer chain test would work.. but it may be worth trying if anyone get's the chance.

Man.... I'd be whipping it up right now if someone would give me a lab to play around in.. :) I've been doing some R&D for a company at school and now I'm itching to try everything!

stace.

^^ I certainly know how you feel. I've got so many ideas, but I've held out doing any sort of applied research outside of that which has been completely approved, or at least is not restricted in any way.

Fingers crossed, the opportunity may not be too far away to do such work, so I'd be silly to do anything in the lab atm to compromise that, no matter how sincere the intent or urgent the need. I hope you find work in the area you are interested in stacyrox. If there's ever need for an assistant I'll let you know :)

I'm sure a quantitative test could be developed for 1,4B. The 2 X hydroxyl groups lend themselves nicely to alteration

_NXPNKOMKFWNBQNKQNEGQNMPOMFND_