• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

1,4-butanediol

higherconciousness

Bluelighter
I haven’t seen much activity about 1,4-b lately. I reluctantly ordered half a liter and was wondering if anybody has been using it as of late.

A few years ago I had a nasty binge, blowing through a half of liter in a month or so. It resulted in one of the worse withdrawals I’ve had, at least symptom wise. The only reason it’s not worse than benzo WD is it’s short duration, but I had DTs, seizures, severe anxiety. I Felt like I was losing my mind and My organs were corroding from the inside out. My stool was blacker than an abyss.

As of now I feel like I can use this reasonably. First off I didn’t even want 500ml so I’m dumping some down the toilet. It’s been 3 years since I’ve ingested any so I hope I can get the same effects I used to enjoy. Towards the end of using 14B all it did was make me extremely achy, disoriented, dysphoric.

Does anyone have any experiences with this substance lately? I know there’s a lot of data suggesting it’s not very toxic but anecdotally I feel like there’s something pernicious about this compound.

Any thoughts or corresponding experiences?

I went balls to the wall with GHB and withdrew/etc, then ordered 1,4-b 2 years later, and was utterly unable to prevent myself from doing the same. I actually woke up in an ambulance towards the end because my girlfriend found me unresponsive and was scared it was an opiate OD.

I haven’t seen much activity about 1,4-b lately. I reluctantly ordered half a liter and was wondering if anybody has been using it as of late.

A few years ago I had a nasty binge, blowing through a half of liter in a month or so. It resulted in one of the worse withdrawals I’ve had, at least symptom wise. The only reason it’s not worse than benzo WD is it’s short duration, but I had DTs, seizures, severe anxiety. I Felt like I was losing my mind and My organs were corroding from the inside out. My stool was blacker than an abyss.

As of now I feel like I can use this reasonably. First off I didn’t even want 500ml so I’m dumping some down the toilet. It’s been 3 years since I’ve ingested any so I hope I can get the same effects I used to enjoy. Towards the end of using 14B all it did was make me extremely achy, disoriented, dysphoric.

Does anyone have any experiences with this substance lately? I know there’s a lot of data suggesting it’s not very toxic but anecdotally I feel like there’s something pernicious about this compound.

Any thoughts or corresponding experiences?

I think the dangers of GHB are grossly understated or they were for me I could feel my organs shutting down and was left with chemical burns from
It’s acidity in my mouth throat
And anus so just image what it did to my insides.. just me personally

1,4-b is more toxic than GHB itself. GHB is by most accounts and research pretty nontoxic except in overdose. But definitely a dangerous drug that you can OD on pretty easily.

1,4-b is more toxic than GHB itself. GHB is by most accounts and research pretty nontoxic except in overdose. But definitely a dangerous drug that you can OD on pretty easily.
Yeah I’m having second thoughts now. I was in a state of compulsivity when I ordered it. It wasn’t very expensive so perhaps it should go down the drain. It’s probably okay with occasional use but the likelihood of binging is strong with this one. I can’t find literature about it stating it’s toxic effects and most of what’s out there claims it’s relatively non toxic, but in my experience I find that highly dubious.

Its not especially toxic but its easier to OD on than GHB salt.

Its sort of like taking a shot of vodka with some GHB so it feels accordingly more dirty. The industrial grade that most of us find it isnt ideal. Tastes like melted plastic. Tastes like "i definitely shouldn't drink something that tastes like this".

I remember taking 9ml within maybe 4 hours and moaning and groaning in intense nausea wishing i was dead. I told my girlfriend, "hey don't let me go to sleep i took too much of something". Of course not long after i hear her snoring 😴

In any event its not particularly toxic but it is more dangerous and unpredictable than GHB.

I've done both GHB and GBL but not sure about 1,4b.
Does it convert into GHB via your Liver? or is it something totally different?

Yes it converts to GHB but also may have effects on its own. Its a bit more sedating than GHB salts.

Well just got half a liter of 1,4-b. When I was using it about a year ago or so I began to get some nasty side effects. The experience increasingly felt dirty and toxic. I’d get unpleasant muscle cramps and body aches. It’s peculiar because I’d get similar side effects from phenibut which also hits the gaba-b receptor. I wonder if there’s some sort of connection. I’m hoping when I try it after work it’ll be okay.

I used to really enjoy 1,4bdo. It's a list 1 chemical in the USA so you're not supposed to be able to buy it without a legit purpose and filling out paperwork. I found a domestic website selling it back around 2009. Eventually they stopped offering it bc they got into trouble for selling it without paperwork. I hope you enjoy @higherconciousness. Hopefully you can keep from using it daily so you won't get a tolerance to the euphoric effects. Or withdrawals.

I used to really enjoy 1,4bdo. It's a list 1 chemical in the USA so you're not supposed to be able to buy it without a legit purpose and filling out paperwork. I found a domestic website selling it back around 2009. Eventually they stopped offering it bc they got into trouble for selling it without paperwork. I hope you enjoy @higherconciousness. Hopefully you can keep from using it daily so you won't get a tolerance to the euphoric effects. Or withdrawals.
Yeah I found a legit industrial grade reagent vendor and it’s dirt cheap. I had to fill one of those DEA forms out I order to get it, but that was years ago and I haven’t had any issues since. Yeah the withdrawal from this little guy was one of the most intense experiences I’ve ever had. Fortunately the WD is relatively short in duration.

Last edited:
Oh my me, that didn’t go so well…

So I ended up experimenting with this compound after my 5th graveyard shift in a row. I was quite exhausted, so I thought I’d relax and take the edge off with some 1,4-b. I initially ingested 1.7ml. It felt better than I anticipated.

After a couple hours I decided it was time to go to bed so I knocked back 2+ml. This proved to be a mistake. As I was in bed with my girlfriend I began to fall out. First she noticed I was having strange spasms. I started to lose control of my body, entering some twisted semi aware g hole. I was fully conscious but essentially paralyzed as if it were an episode of sleep paralysis.

I tried to inform her that people lose consciousness after consuming too much ghb/prodrugs, but my efforts proved to be of no use. For 1:30 hours all I could do was make grunting sounds and small body gestures. My breathing soon began to abate. I tried to keep calm, but panic swelled up inside me. I was fighting my own nervous system to inhale oxygen.

I was able to get the word adderall out. I thought its stimulant properties may help pull me out of this hell hole. My breathing must have to bad enough to cause some concern for my girlfriend who also happens to be a nurse. She told me I was turning blue and must have thought I overdosed. I was able to mutter the words no and safe. Perhaps this was a risky choice on my part but I didn’t think it’d be necessary.

What seemed like an eternity passed. Finally I snapped out of it and began talking and moving about, albeit in a limited capacity. I felt physically depleted and ashamed. I apologized profusely to my girlfriend, but she was angry and rightfully so.

I’ve had plenty of G hole comas, but this was completely different. Perhaps the physical exhaustion induced by successive prolonged graveyard shifts played a role in this bizarre and disturbing episode. I also ingested 900mg of lyrica throughout the night although my last dose was at 12:30am. I thought 8 hours would be enough time for the effects to dissipate, but this may have been a miscalculation.

Now I’m lying in bed, overly stimulated by the 1,4-b rebound and 30mg of adderall, next to my passed out girlfriend. I just want to get some rest, but I’m physically unable to do so. What a terrible experience.

Might have been the lyrica. That dose doesnt seem high enough to cause that but 1,4-bd is unpredictable.

Why is is so much more unpredictable compared to gbl/ghb?

The metabolism is fussier and 1,4-bd seems to have potential psychoactive properties on its own.

Beyond that 1,4-bd undergoes a more complex multistep metabolism to GHB via alcohol/acetaldehyde dehydrogenase. This makes its more unpredictable, slower acting. Its the redosing that fucks people over. The first dose comes on pretty slow but the subsequent doses hit harder and faster. This, combined with overall steep dose-response curve of GHB itself, makes 1,4-bd more dangerous. And it's longer lasting, perhaps from 1,4-bd lingering around waiting in line for conversion.

Oh my me, that didn’t go so well…

So I ended up experimenting with this compound after my 5th graveyard shift in a row. I was quite exhausted, so I thought I’d relax and take the edge off with some 1,4-b. I initially ingested 1.7ml. It felt better than I anticipated.

After a couple hours I decided it was time to go to bed so I knocked back 2+ml. This proved to be a mistake. As I was in bed with my girlfriend I began to fall out. First she noticed I was having strange spasms. I started to lose control of my body, entering some twisted semi aware g hole. I was fully conscious but essentially paralyzed as if it were an episode of sleep paralysis.

I tried to inform her that people lose consciousness after consuming too much ghb/prodrugs, but my efforts proved to be of no use. For 1:30 hours all I could do was make grunting sounds and small body gestures. My breathing soon began to abate. I tried to keep calm, but panic swelled up inside me. I was fighting my own nervous system to inhale oxygen.

I was able to get the word adderall out. I thought its stimulant properties may help pull me out of this hell hole. My breathing must have to bad enough to cause some concern for my girlfriend who also happens to be a nurse. She told me I was turning blue and must have thought I overdosed. I was able to mutter the words no and safe. Perhaps this was a risky choice on my part but I didn’t think it’d be necessary.

What seemed like an eternity passed. Finally I snapped out of it and began talking and moving about, albeit in a limited capacity. I felt physically depleted and ashamed. I apologized profusely to my girlfriend, but she was angry and rightfully so.

I’ve had plenty of G hole comas, but this was completely different. Perhaps the physical exhaustion induced by successive prolonged graveyard shifts played a role in this bizarre and disturbing episode. I also ingested 900mg of lyrica throughout the night although my last dose was at 12:30am. I thought 8 hours would be enough time for the effects to dissipate, but this may have been a miscalculation.

Now I’m lying in bed, overly stimulated by the 1,4-b rebound and 30mg of adderall, next to my passed out girlfriend. I just want to get some rest, but I’m physically unable to do so. What a terrible experience.

Yeah it definitely was the lyrica. Any gaba drug, benzo, opiate, barb, alcohol… really should not be mixed in with 1,4B .

And you know they say don’t mix benzos and opiates which is true but it is commonly done. But when it comes to GHB and 1,4B it truly is a deadly dangerous combination. I don’t believe tolerance can be acquired to the unique respiratory depression and other effects of 1,4B

I would probably not take your lyrica the days you take 1,4B

Yeah it definitely was the lyrica. Any gaba drug, benzo, opiate, barb, alcohol… really should not be mixed in with 1,4B .

And you know they say don’t mix benzos and opiates which is true but it is commonly done. But when it comes to GHB and 1,4B it truly is a deadly dangerous combination. I don’t believe tolerance can be acquired to the unique respiratory depression and other effects of 1,4B

I would probably not take your lyrica the days you take 1,4B
Oh yeah I have no doubt it was the lyrica. I’ve been taking it everyday so I had a lot built up in my system. I really think it was an overdose. I am not feeling well today. Extremely pale and fatigued.

You know I always get curious when some people experiment with 14-b. But I have to say most mention an ambulance ride or hospital visit or some kind of scary fallout. So no thanks on this one and I love gabapentinoids. But I will pass. And I have to say 900 mgs of pregabalin alone would flatten me. I can't go higher than 300 mgs. 2700 mgs is my higher level with gabapentin.

Glad you are ok OP. Stay well.

Last edited: