Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1,4-Butanediol - First Time - A Sip of Dreamers Juice

cosmic charlie

Bluelight Crew
This compound 1,4-Butanediol has always been of interest of me due to the fact I've always wanted to try GHB. After learning of this being a precursor converted in vitro to my sought after drug I gave it a whirl.

8:06am -- Id ingested 2.3mls of 1,4-Butanediol diluted with a glass of Ice Tea, taste wasn't bad at all considering some other people's reaction to it. I was expecting it to resemble 2-methyl-2-butanol which is much worse.

8:25am -- Definetly a noticeable warmth radiating from my chest, only thing I could compare it to is the feeling you get after consuming a small amount of Ethanol.

8:43 -- Took a walk to the Bodega to buy a Coffee and a Buttered Roll. The world looks vibrant and colorful and almost dreamy. My entire visual field is complerely saturated in color.

8:55 -- Coming back and eating has been enjoyable. The Roll tastes delicious and the coffee washes it down perfectly, the flavors we're intensified.

9:58 Just went into this Reverie that was really pleasant. Was having a dream I was walking through a forest and breathing in all scents of nature, feeling the dew upon my skin as I brushed my hand along a branch. The smell of pine trees.

And then I awoke on the couch in the living room. Never having even left my living room. This isn't something I wouldn't mind repeating from time to time. A small escape from the day to day struggles of our realities.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_14butanediol
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited:
Nice, yeah I love GHB. I never was able to get the same effect from 1,4-b but I only tried GHB like 12 years after I tried 1,4-b. GHB is such a warm, euphoric, gentle drug. Of course it's also super addictive and produces shakes and even possibly seizures and tremendous anxiety upon withdrawal, if you use it too much. Since it's a GAB-B agonist (and GHB receptor agonist - GHB is produces in tiny amounts as a neurotransmitter which is probably why it's so non-toxic unless you overdose), it has a whole different mechanism of action than benzos or most other depressants, so if you're not careful, and you're taking other drugs too, you could end up with another prong on your addiction fork.

(The couch is not a bad place to wake up considering the substance.) I seem to have trouble dosing 1,4-BD (its either underwhelming or overwhelming). I took 7ml once in a singe dose and was sure I was going to die (it was an awful experience). The effect seems inconsistent as well. Sometimes 2ml will feel like nothing, and other times it will be too much. Be very careful with redosing, as the dosing is nonlinear effect wise. From my experience, if you take 2ml and wait say an hour and take another 2ml, the additional percieved effect will not be double the intensity of the 2ml, but instead significantly more. The reverse can be true as well, where similar to alcohol, you can take 6ml throughout a day by taking 1ml every 3-4 hours without significant adverse effect, but you cannot take 6ml in one dose without significant adverse effect (in the absence of tolerance). Tricky stuff.

Yeah I dosed too high on GHB a few times and started having muscle jerks and I would just drop whatever I was holding. I would get a really uncomfortable feeling in my body, like too much phenibut but worse. it was difficult to deal with. I'd say and do anything that came to mind and want to take my clothes off. It's basically the only drug that has ever nearly made me do that "take your clothes off and get weird" thing that happens to some people on psychedelics.

Last edited:
Never had GHB (well I suppose I have via GBL) and those muscle jerks really freaked my girlfriend out. I don't know if this is exclusive to GBL, but I find I can only either achieve subtle, but nice effects, or unpleasant or knockout effects. Even when adjusting doses in tiny increments! Maybe just not for me.
I would love to try GHB or 1,4 to see if it's any better though!

I have tried 1,4-BDO a long time ago while addicted to opiates and didn't care for it... I tried GHB more recently and LOVED IT... way too much, can't have it anymore or it's bad. But the effects are so clean and beautiful. However it is hard to dose just right. I got the muscle jerks a number of times, I dropped and broke a variety of dishes because of them.

This batch was really good, i loved it and all the people I gave it to. But I stopped taking it two days ago to avoid a physical addiction. I've just been staggering Gabapentin since my last dose and I've been okay. Going to be ordering some more soon but I will only be taking it once a week.

Having sexy time on it was amazing. The orgasm was really intense and it didn't effect my ability to perform. Will probably be taking this one for date nites and come back to the apartment and put that work in on my girl.

Next Friday will be Amazing :D

Yeah GHB is literally the best drug for sex I think, it's incredible, it massively increases horniness, duration and performance and increases skin sensitivity and lowers inhibitions.

This group of drugs are fun but need extra caution.

The disnhibtions on these are wonderful.
1,4 bdo is the most intoxicating and short lived.
Gbl is bit rougher on body but wonderful
Ghb, this salty delight balances the rush, disinhibition, sexual push, and warmness from both and is superior but less available