• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ 😃 LAVA Chit-Chat Thread! 🤪

i couldn't figure out why nothing was open and how it got lighter while i was at the gym. it's 8am, not 8pm. when i thought i fucked up and woke up at night, i was actually up at the crack of dawn and done at the gym by 7am.
I actually changed my phone to 24 hour time because I've absolutely done that.

i couldn't figure out why nothing was open and how it got lighter while i was at the gym. it's 8am, not 8pm. when i thought i fucked up and woke up at night, i was actually up at the crack of dawn and done at the gym by 7am.

LOL, I've done that.

Feels good to know you're not going crazy, right? :giggle:

man, i just had the most confusing moment ever. i think everyone is ok and no one is mad. holy fuck. two direct message convos, a phone call, and a regular thread all scrambled in my head. i also think i wasted over an hour tying to piece it together.

it was sort of confusing to login here for the first time in a while and see this thread open on the front page. someone must have resurrected it from deep in the archives.

i go to a burrito place several times a week. my order is $7.99. king size chicken fajita burrito, no sour cream, add jalapeño. a steal in chicago. the burrito is crazy good.

i tip 51 cents via credit card receipt. it’s not waited. they dont bring your food out and you bus your own plate. the 51 cents is like throwing your change in the jar, which i’ve deemed appropriate for this scenario.

they know my order. they are nice. i love the place. they have been charging my credit card $8.99 instead of $8.50. over a period of months, almost a year. with increasing frequency.

add jalapeño is 50 cents according to the posted menu. the cashier and receipt do make no mention of this. i figured they consider it sour cream substitution. tip added, the signed receipt says $8.50.

the burrito is worth $8.99.

i go to a burrito place several times a week. my order is $7.99. king size chicken fajita burrito, no sour cream, add jalapeño. a steal in chicago. the burrito is crazy good.

i tip 51 cents via credit card receipt. it’s not waited. they dont bring your food out and you bus your own plate. the 51 cents is like throwing your change in the jar, which i’ve deemed appropriate for this scenario.

they know my order. they are nice. i love the place. they have been charging my credit card $8.99 instead of $8.50. over a period of months, almost a year. with increasing frequency.

add jalapeño is 50 cents according to the posted menu. the cashier and receipt do make no mention of this. i figured they consider it sour cream substitution. tip added, the signed receipt says $8.50.

the burrito is worth $8.99.

sometimes life is like that wind blown hat found in subway stations.. ahaha

something for the contest photo enthusiast

Last edited:
Saw some online stores selling loudpeakers that you are supposed to attach to a drone and then you can speak to a kind of a radio phone and your voice will be heard from that speaker at up to over 1000 meter distance. Instead of mounting that on a drone, you could actually use that as a communication method that hackers, rich gang stalkers and authorities will not eavesdrop (unless they're already following your Internet traffic when you're ordering that device).

I guess the signal from the radio phone to the speaker has to be encoded in some way to prevent other people's similar radio signals being heard from it. The communication frequency in the one I saw being sold somewhere was between 400 and 500 MHz.

Saw some online stores selling loudpeakers that you are supposed to attach to a drone and then you can speak to a kind of a radio phone and your voice will be heard from that speaker at up to over 1000 meter distance. Instead of mounting that on a drone, you could actually use that as a communication method that hackers, rich gang stalkers and authorities will not eavesdrop (unless they're already following your Internet traffic when you're ordering that device).

I guess the signal from the radio phone to the speaker has to be encoded in some way to prevent other people's similar radio signals being heard from it. The communication frequency in the one I saw being sold somewhere was between 400 and 500 MHz.

u play tom clancys ghost recon?

u play tom clancys ghost recon?
No I'm actually serious about this, and I'm a bit over 40 years old (but I sometimes do play CoD or other shooter games). If you live in a country with population 60 times smaller than USA, it doesn't take much more than differ too much from the ordinary citizen and some people will "take justice in their own hands" and break into your net log files and telephone communication. And in my case it's just too radical views about personal freedom and especially about drug use.

"take justice in their own hands"

listening+post+15.jpg

chopmist-hill-cbs-listening-post.jpg

Talking about old-fashioned radio technology, here's the Van Eck (Tempest) signal peak from my old Lenovo laptop at about 499 MHz when measured with the RF Explorer signal analyzer (with a crappy LCD screen) at either close distance touching the computer or some 20+ centimeters away. The signal intensity value is in logarithmic scale, which means that +8.0 dBv is significantly more than two times weaker than +16.5 dBv.

NSFW:
IIOaZ3Q.jpeg

3Pz2OVq.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is the signal that can be used to remotely see what's happening on the screen, or the one that can be used to follow what you do with the keyboard. Nowadays the Van Eck radiation can't be used to eavesdrop someones computer use from a kilometer away (like it used to be possible decades ago), but with expensive equipment it is still possible from a neighboring apartment.

Here's an RTL-SDR dongle that is connected to a USB port of a computer and can be used to measure the radiofrequency spectrum on different frequency intervals between 0.1 and 1800 MHz.

NSFW:
ISux72D.jpeg

I used the Linux "rtl_power" command line application to record the same signal peak (taking the average signal over a 10 seconds time interval) with the measuring antenna at close, mid and far distance from the screen, and the result is like in the image here:

NSFW:
b28o5Vb.jpeg

The red line describes the signal measured with the antenna closest to the computer and the green line the one measured at longest distance. When the signal becomes weaker at longer distance from the laptop, it's clear that it's coming from that computer and not from somewhere else.

There's also this signal generator module, which can be used to create a stronger radio signal to mess up the Van Eck radiation peak in that spectrum. Having set that to near 499 MHz, the signal intensity from this distance is more than +40 dBv. This even without any antenna attached to the signal generator (which would technically be illegal as you can't send radio waves of just any frequency without permission). Another way to make Van Eck phreaking more difficult is to have two identical computers in the same room so that the radiation from each messes up that from the other one.

NSFW:
et57S6h.jpeg

Last edited:
Talking about old-fashioned radio technology, here's the Van Eck (Tempest) signal peak from my old Lenovo laptop at about 499 MHz when measured with the RF Explorer signal analyzer (with a crappy LCD screen) at either close distance touching the computer or some 20+ centimeters away. The signal intensity value is in logarithmic scale, which means that +8.0 dBv is significantly more than two times weaker than +16.5 dBv.

Dude, that's amazing! So you're either Dancho Danchev or Mike Frost, LOL.

Anyways thank you for providing that. Kind of scary.

Given your profile, you're not interested in using Signal (encryption application)? Kind of hard for peeps to tape your calls if they're encrypted, no?

Or maybe do a VPN/VOIP through some non-aligned country.

Yes that encryption application can be quite useful. Unless some other app at the same time has been given privileges to access the device's microphone and record what's happening on the screen, and is secretly sending that data somewhere. But that's unlikely unless you've already drawn enough attention to yourself for someone to try to use all possible means to hack your communication.

EDIT: In addition to using a proxy, one way to make it more difficult to follow your computer use is to set an outbound data transfer speed limit with the Linux 'tc' command. Then you can still browse websites but anyone trying to download information from your computer will have difficulty with that. Good parameters for that purpose are "rate 52 kbit latency 60ms". Another useful utility is this one for making your computer connect to random websites and fill the ISP log files with irrelevant crap. These will at least make it much more difficult for anyone to follow your activity like some kind of "entertainment", especially if you already have these set up before someone starts trying to follow you.

Last edited: