• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

⫸STICKY⫷ 🔍👀 Using the Search Function & other ways to search for something specific 🔍👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Hello friend! 🙂

So you are wanting to learn how to search for something specific but can't seem to find anything useful, or maybe you keep getting cluttered results that seems to be taking a long time to decipher.

Look no further!
What I will explain here is how to properly use the Search function🔍:Sherlock:
Gqvk9ya.png

Lets say you can't seem to find the answer you are looking for.. So you have a couple different options. Lets say you are researching Nitrous,.. Firstly you can click 'Search' up top/right, then Advanced Search, then type Nitrous in the search box, click titles only, and click search. You can also play around with the search dates but generally I leave them alone.

Ms7mp3H.png

What the search will do is give you a list of every thread made with the words 'Nitrous' in the title. If you don't click the titles only box then it will give you thread & comments made by other Bluelighters with the words Nitrous that are mentioned in any thread.. It can be a thread like 'what was your nightly fix', rather then a more HR related thread such as 'Nitrous while on LSD' We want TITLES not the comments of others.. Unless the item you are searching for is more unique, feel free to search both with & without titles. That helps if you have an additional search browser open, so you can cross examine results). look for my coming up.

TXQIWnz.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***** I did not select 'titles only' when searching, as you can see, we have results, but it isn't what we are looking for Want more HR material) Check out next picture for the results!.*******

RBaSL1T.png

gOETOAp.png

---------------------------------------------
Option 2, which I find the 'if all else fails' method, is hit up Google.com, and in the Google search box lets search for LSD for this example. First we will type: 'LSD site:www.bluelight.org' and hit enter.

That will use the power of Google to look for every thread made with the words 'LSD' in the title or whatever you are searching for). I have found this method useful If I am wanting to look something up such as a drug, or chemical but without getting like a million different rehab/treatment centers as results to click on.. You can also change the word Bluelight to something such as Reddit or Quora, same thing. Google will search either Reddit or Quora for whatever you are searching for. (ex: 'LSD site:www.Reddit.com' or 'LSD site:www.Quora.com' ) don't click the reddit & Quora link, they are not active. just retype out on your own).

PPtuLty.png

----------------
What also might help in your search is press [Ctrl]+[F]. This will bring up a search box of sorts which you can utilize it by weeding out certain search details and only focus//highlight on a certain letter or word.

As you can see in the next image, I wanted to highlight the word 'dose' within my search results.

ifhO6Ky.png

There you have it. I'm sure there are other ways you could search for something, but I find searching for something like mentioned above is by far the most user-friendly way to search for something without the headache of weeding out useless nonsense.

Let me know if you have any other preferred ways to search, and I will add it to the list. :)
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.