New Member Introductions (NMI) exists to give new members a chance to introduce themselves to the rest of Bluelight, and to ask basic questions. You're not required to introduce yourself, but it's a great way to get started!
NMI is not a drug discussion forum. You'll probably want Basic Drug Discussion for those basic Drug-related questions. But if you're not sure, ask anyway and we can move your thread to the right forum.
Think carefully before giving out personal details on your profile. We'd discourage including your name, email, FB, Twitter, Snapchat, and so on until you're comfortable with how things work.
WE ARE NOT HERE TO HELP YOU SCORE DRUGS!
If you ask where to buy drugs we will edit your post and warn you about the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) and you may be subject to other actions including infractions if you continue after being warned
A Greenlighter is a new member who has made less than 50 posts. To reduce spamming, trolling and the sourcing of drugs, restrictions are applied to these new accounts.
- Greenlighters can Private Message (PM) anyone, but are limited to 1 PM every 3 hours. Use it wisely. Keep in mind that if you are caught abusing the PM function (trying to source, for example) there will be severe consequences.
- Greenlighters are restricted to 5 stored PMs (that includes everything: inbox, sent, drafts, archives). You'll have to continually delete old messages to make room for new ones.
- Greenlighters cannot attach files to messages.
- Greenlighters cannot create a Blog or post in other people's Blogs.
Until then, if you want to contact another member please use the "Send a message via email" link on that member's profile page. Be warned though that some people will have that option turned off.
Please do not post nonsensical posts to gain 50 posts to reach Bluelighter status.
Tips On Making Your Introduction
What makes a good introductory post? Here are some suggestions:
- A big hello to the rest of Bluelight
- Tell us why you came to Bluelight?
- Tell us your interests and background, such as being a student, interest in films, video games, meeting other bluelighters, etc?
- Tell us which drugs you like?
New Member Introductions Threads of Interest
Here are several threads that may be of interest to new members:
- SUPPORT FAQ - A mega-thread of all the questions you need answers to.
- What drug(s) were you researching before you joined? - A thread with a poll to allow you to pick several options.
- What part of the world are you from? - Let us know what part of the world you come from!
- NMI Featured Forums Archive - A comprehensive list of the forums which have been featured in NMI.
- How Did You Find This Site? - A thread which features a poll showing the most common referrals to BL.
- Support - A forum dedicated to specific questions about the site.
Existing Bluelighters - How To Greet New Members
We encourage everyone to stop by and welcome new members. Here are some tips on how to greet them:
- Most importantly, be friendly. Don't scare the new users away please.
- Put a little thought into your greetings. Personalize rather than copypasta!
- Find someone in your area or similar interests? Point them to your favorite forum. This also includes the many social threads.
- See a new member that may need help getting through forums or the site? PM them and offer some support and helpful pointers.
Last edited by a moderator: