⫸STICKY⫷ ⫸Why You Should NOT Frontload⫷

I front load every cycle, but not for weeks as mentioned in the original post. If I plan on taking 500mg Test enanthate per week, split into 2 (250mg) doses per week, my first shot (day 1) will be 500mg test Enanthate, from then on it will be the 250mg dose.

The above will give similar effects as if taking 100mg Test Propionate every other day, peak levels are achieved quickly.

Same as if taking D-bol daily. Peak levels start from day 1 and continue thru the cycle.

I have never heard frontloading to mean taking higher doses for weeks. I always think of it as taking a higher dose on day 1 to reach peak levels quickly. And front loading is usually used with the longer acting esters, Enanthate, cyp etc. There's no reason to frontload things like Prop and Acetate and orals.

I mean even long esters will be released and peak quickly shortly after injecting.

I find the below interesting from the original post:

"So, with all that in mind, it should be pretty obvious by now that an effective starting dose can be as little as just 50-75mg of test in week one."

What kind of test? If you take 75mg of test Enanthate you end up with a peak test release of 8mg Day 1 then just goes down until the next dose. In my opinion this is pointless. Staying with Enanthate then what do you do from there, because the OP then says "achieving solid relative increases in serum levels". I don't see how serum levels will be increased with such a low dose.

The OP uses John and Mark taking 500mg-1000mg, but why not use the example of starting with 75mg? Meaning have mark start with 75mg week 1 and have John start off right at 500mg, and lets see the results at 16weeks.

I came across this in an article:

"In a later study, the same group of authors concluded that the anabolic response to testosterone can largely be predicted by the dose administered (9). If the dose administered is too low, no effects may be demonstrable (10)."

This thread is reassuring. I didn't want to blast very high doses because my body is sensitive and I assumed that I of all people would more likely be the one who had something go wrong. I have been finding lower doses effective and now I'm glad I have been doing that, after reading this thread.

It always seemed weird on an intuitive level that guys starting out blasted high doses. The body still needs to be generative in order to have muscle gains and to adapt joints/tendons. It seems pointless to blast higher doses if you don't have the physical foundation to push to higher peaks. It's like starting at Mount Everest when you haven't mastered challenging yet smaller mountains. Or maybe a more accurate analogy would be, you have all the equipment for climbing Mount Everest but you're using it to climb a smaller mountain because that's all you can handle.

Sure, because it all depends on the person. It also depends on the persons ultimate goals, what they expect to get from there money and time. The majority of people I know and see on gear they want to get as big as possible or as lean as possible or a mix of both.

Example: A site I go on someone will make a post stating his plan for an upcoming cycle, he lists off a bunch of stuff, compounds, doses, length of time, ptc etc.

The first thing people respond with is asking age, weight, bf, previous experience with gear, diet, workout plan, etc. Most of the time the advice given is to lower the doses, remove certain compounds, or even wait to hop on gear especially if its a young person.

I can say I hardly ever see people (people with experience) advice others to start off blasting high doses, again especially if its a younger person and/or someone with little to no experience with gear.

For me anyway its about risk vs reward. I look to take the highest dose with the least negative side effects. Ive been taking gear for 20+ years, im not a body builder, not making money off taking gear, and in no way claim to be an expert or someone anyone should listen to. I can only tell what I have done, what appears to work best for me.

In my researching I was always under the impression proper dosing is to achieve rapid steady state plasma testosterone levels throughout the planned cycle. You want to avoid constant fluctuations, or called the roller coaster effect.

Ive been on forums, read tons of articles, studies, boat loads of info throughout the years. I have never heard of titrating up Test/steroids or at least to the extent of only taking 75mg week 1. I have certainly never seen any published studies on it. I have heard of upping the dose which is usually in relation to TRT where you start at a typical dose then after awhile if blood tests show target levels aren't reached then the dose is raised, or even lowered depending on tests.

To circle back to the OPs analogy with Mark and John, if mark hits a plateau at week 8 he will probably want to add in some D-bol at that point which will be much more effective since it acts rapidly, I dont see upping the dose of the original compound since that will take some time to see any added effects especially with Test Enanthate.

I agree with the OP that high doses aren't needed, I think its causing more harm than good never mind a waste of money.

If there are studies or anything to back up this titrating up from 75mg/week id happily read it. The original post reads like someone's opinion based on what they perceive as "common sense" to them.

There is no benefit to front loading. Just take your desired dose from the start. The body's anabolic state can only be improved by so much.

You're building a house. Anabolics make your workers work faster. The food, training, etc are the building blocks for that house. The workers can only work so fast so any extra gear is NOT going to make them work faster, and neither is extra food, training etc.

It's basic pharmacology stuff known as the dose-response curve, diminishing returns, and ceiling effect. If you front load, that's fine. Just don't lie to yourself or others saying it's needed or that there's added benefit.