• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I brought some heroin.. It's supposed to be good shot ain't looked at it yet or opened it but man the minute I put it in my pocket I got goosebumps like I'm wondering into something big and exciting and dangerous.. I only plan to use it if the chemist is closed and I'm a lot of pain the guy I got it off said that it can't be shorter because it's poisonous uless I smoke it? I wanted to sniff it as well I don't want people in my house to smell the smoke etc I know it's wasteful but would I feel it if I put some in a split and went for a walk around the block to smoke it?

It all depends on your tolerance. I really don't have much experience smoking heroin. I can't see why it would be poisonous unless you smoke it. One explanation I can think of is that if it really is strong (I say if because everyone always gets told they're getting good stuff) is that smoking is likely the hardest route to accidentally overdose on.

At least I sure hope that's what they meant.

Some types of heroin are easier to smoke than others, not knowing what kind of heroin it is it's hard to say. And not knowing vaguely where you live it's hard to guess what type it might be.

I can tell you that heroin is probably gonna feel much the same as any other opioid you've ever used if you have any significant experience with them. Though depending on your tolerance it could still be quite strong. So be careful.

As I said smoking is certainly one of the safer routes. Just be careful.

It all depends on your tolerance. I really don't have much experience smoking heroin. I can't see why it would be poisonous unless you smoke it. One explanation I can think of is that if it really is strong (I say if because everyone always gets told they're getting good stuff) is that smoking is likely the hardest route to accidentally overdose on.

At least I sure hope that's what they meant.

Some types of heroin are easier to smoke than others, not knowing what kind of heroin it is it's hard to say. And not knowing vaguely where you live it's hard to guess what type it might be.

I can tell you that heroin is probably gonna feel much the same as any other opioid you've ever used if you have any significant experience with them. Though depending on your tolerance it could still be quite strong. So be careful.

As I said smoking is certainly one of the safer routes. Just be careful.
thanks for the reply Jess

Do you know if I can sniff it or put it in a cigarette and smoke it?

thanks for the reply Jess

Do you know if I can sniff it or put it in a cigarette and smoke it?

Well, almost all my heroin use has been IV so I'm not too familiar with other routes of administration. I know it can be smoked and snorted. But like I said it depends on what kind of heroin it is. And which kind of heroin it is generally depends on where you live.

Here in Australia all the heroin I've seen is heroin hcl, aka heroin #4. Which is highly water soluble and so effective for shooting and likely snorting.

Other kinds of heroin are base heroin (aka #3 heroin) which is more common in Europe, and black tar heroin from Mexico (and so more common in some parts of the US). I'm pretty sure both of these can be smoked.

Id need to know vaguely what part of the world you live in and vaguely what the heroin looks like to get an idea.

If it's smokable, then yes you probably could put it in a cigarette. And smoking probably would be a safer way to try it.

I don't know what opioids you have experience with, but I'd be a bit concerned that your tolerance might be low enough to put you at risk if you took too much. Depending on where you live, the quality of the heroin, etc. Even very small amounts of heroin can be extremely potent in individuals with low tolerances. And people can overestimate their tolerance if they're experienced with say, pills, but not powders.

Just be careful man.

I meant to say that, sorry Jess I live in uk and its brown uk heroin here people have told me that it cant be snorted but others have said it can be or it has to be converted in some tedious proccess which i will probably do wrongt and waste it. smoking is a nono to because people in my house smelling it and they all know what it smells like thats why i cant chase the dragon but even if i could i wouldn't want to risk wasting it again i only have one bag even though it will be my first time i have been on codeine for over 3 years daily.

I take on average now 750-1500 mg or if i really want to feel it 2500-3000mg crazy i know but what else can i do when my tolerance is so high(apart from quit)lol

I meant to say that, sorry Jess I live in uk and its brown uk heroin here people have told me that it cant be snorted but others have said it can be or it has to be converted in some tedious proccess which i will probably do wrongt and waste it. smoking is a nono to because people in my house smelling it and they all know what it smells like thats why i cant chase the dragon but even if i could i wouldn't want to risk wasting it again i only have one bag even though it will be my first time i have been on codeine for over 3 years daily.

I take on average now 750-1500 mg or if i really want to feel it 2500-3000mg crazy i know but what else can i do when my tolerance is so high(apart from quit)lol

Hey, just to let you know, I've answered your question on your dedicated thread here...

I will add here though since I didn't notice this detail in your thread. 1500-3000mg is quite a lot for codeine. I'm surprised you actually notice much difference after about a gram. I'd have thought you'd have reached the ceiling dose by then.

If you don't already know, codeine has to be metabolized by an enzyme (specifically CYP2D6) in order to become psychoactive. And your body only has so much of that enzyme (some people are born with almost none and don't find codeine to work at all for them). So after a certain amount of codeine, that enzyme should be depleted preventing you from getting any additional benefit from increasing your codeine dose until your body makes more of the enzyme. So I'm surprised you get any added benefit after about a gram of codeine.

Anyway, 3000mg might be quite a lot for codeine, but in opioid tolerance terms it's nothing. I don't know how strong UK heroin is on average, but if your heroin is anything like as strong as ours, I would be VERY VERY careful. With the heroin we have and for someone with your tolerance I could see you getting a significant high off an amount of heroin that wouldn't look much larger than a few grains of sand. Of course this all depends on how strong the heroin you have is, I'm just saying that for your safety, I would start EXTREMELY small when you first try it.

As I said on the other thread, given that your heroin is likely #3 (base) heroin anyway, it likely won't work well snorted. So I'd suggest that if you're going to use it, find a way to smoke it. It should be harder to overdose that way since you can start with very small amounts that take effect almost immediately and work your way up.

Take care, and stay safe. :)

Ya.. if ur retarded, selfish or wanto drOp...
Sry but oi am confused when I see inquiries like this. When I did h. First time I was Only fkin wit coke and had a few months exp with the rocks
I was dating a fuckin cunt that led me to beleive it was a benzo Of osrts
Andddd h was h when I made the decision I owould dabble a bit more. Fent just started but where I'm from u can't get h n e more cause it's allllll Fent almost took me x3 and it's way shittoier to beat

Lol
I was 18.. so in my defense I was stupid af. Like most 18 yos

Also I wanna add to the poster on a moose positive and serious note..
If yoou did OR are planning to try it Out I wish u the best of luck and to stau safe. Oxx
I dunno how it is all over the world but these assholes totally ruined it with fent out here. Happy highs bud :)

Lol
I was 18.. so in my defense I was stupid af. Like most 18 yos

Also I wanna add to the poster on a moose positive and serious note..
If yoou did OR are planning to try it Out I wish u the best of luck and to stau safe. Oxx
I dunno how it is all over the world but these assholes totally ruined it with fent out here. Happy highs bud :)
thanks you to :)

But there are certain realities of the world we live in that lead to that conclusion regardless. Specifically that it is illegal, socially stigmatized, and that the nature of opioid withdrawal is highly corrupting to good judgement and willpower. Which wouldn't be a problem if you were able to constantly, cheaply and reliably buy good clean heroin. That would eliminate most of the negatives. But that's simply not possible right now. And regardless of how bullshit that is, it results in an environment where getting severely into a heroin addiction will tend to lead to at least some of the more serious side effects.
Aren't Portugal, Denmark, Switzerland and The Netherlands places that have cut through the bullshit? I'm seriously thinking of moving to Portugal!
Brilliant post btw! Love this kind of honesty.

Actually ended up trying some over the past couple of weeks insufflated. Tried to chase it but couldnt get the knack of it, and not really an IV sorta guy. i've found it very pleasant, but perhaps this afghan "dream cream", advised 50-60 percent purity, is not the best for insufflation. Its good, and ive found about 20 mg insufflated after a coke session (leaving a few hours between last line of coke and first of H). just like right now, and i just feel groovy. Overall, not found it to be the thing ive been searching for, but its definitely a good time. I am concious though that these things can sometimes get out of hand before you realise it, like benzos did for me. so i am not being totally reckless and thinking i wouldnt get caught out. in a nutshell exercise extreme caution.

Should I Try Heroin? MegaThread

overcoming_heroin_addiction_helping_others.jpg

With the recent abundance of “Should I try heroin?” or “Is trying H a good idea?” threads, we have decided it would be worth it to create a megathread discussing the topic, where all posts relating to such debate can be compiled.

If you have this question, or any question specifically about your first time trying H that falls under the category of “Should a non-heroin user suddenly decide to try H for the first time?” please post here.

For basic info about heroin itself, please refer to the Heroin Megathread. For info on IV and technique/complications, refer to the IV Megathread.

So, to start off, the basic number one question on your minds if you’re looking at this thread and debating this choice is,

Should I try heroin for the first time?

Obviously, the short and to the point answer would be… NO FUCKING WAY. Of course, we were all young/inexperienced once before we first tried heroin, so we know things are often a lot more complicated then “just say no”.

Some internal questions to ask yourself first:

-
Why do you want to try heroin to begin with?

Many people, especially young people, have this glamorous and romantic image of heroin in their head. They see the idea of being a “junky” as this very chic and glorified notion. Maybe your favorite musicians all did heroin, maybe your favorite movies are about heroin, etc.

Using dope is far from glamorous. The reality of heroin addiction is brutal, grotesque, and filthy.

- What do you seek to gain from trying heroin?

Really, what is it you think this drug is going to add to your life? Or are you just bored and want to check it off your list? Here’s where being really honest with yourself is a must. After reading this whole thread, and many of the other heroin related threads on BL, you should have a pretty clear idea of just how ravaged ones life can become from heroin. What positives do you see coming from making this choice?

heroin_stamps.jpg

Justifications to try heroin:

1. I’m only going to try it once.

Famous last words. When evaluating this decision, remember that basically EVERY heroin addict in the world said this at one point in the beginning. Nobody is born with the goal of becoming a raging dope fiend. It is a progressive path and it does not happen over night.

Heroin is one of the most additive drugs, and has ruined so many lives for a reason. The honest chances of you only trying this drug once are incredibly slim to almost non-existent.

2. I will be able to control my use. I won’t get addicted.

Again, this is also something we have all said before. Believe it or not, even long-term heroin addicts sometimes use this justification to relapse. For the beginning user, you may think that because you’ve tried other drugs here and there and didn’t become wrapped up in them, that you’ll be able to control your heroin use as well. This is an incredibly dangerous notion. It is not about will power. Heroin is an incredibly powerful drug with a high so intense, that it makes you want to continue using it, even though it is destroying everything in your life.

Those of us who have been using for a very long time have come across thousands of addicts in our time. Do you want to know how many we have met that were ever able to control their use or “chip” for any real period of time? Practically none. Sure you may be able to hold it together for a few months or even a few years, but almost everybody slips up, and before you know it, you are in way too deep.

3. If I do get addicted, I’ll just stop. How hard can it be?

Stopping heroin is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do in your life. Not only is the psychological aspect incredibly intense and all consuming, but also once you develop a physical dependency, you will have withdrawals, and that is something you cannot be prepared for.

Coming off heroin is an incredibly painful and brutal experience, one that only gets worse the more times you do it. You will not be able to just shake it off. This is why the majority of people who become dependent on heroin, end up having a life long battle.

4. I don’t have regular access to it, so I can’t do it everyday, even if I wanted to.

This is a very common justification. Many beginning users considering trying heroin have come across it out of the blue or have to travel very far to get it. They think that this will force them into being casual users or never trying it again.

The truth is that after getting a taste for heroin, you will slowly start to work on getting more opportunities. Many users end up driving hours and hours from home just to score dope. Believe this, you WILL find a way to do it again, even if it is very sporadic at first, eventually you will get a source for it, and all bets will be off.

20110511-195100-g.jpg

Common first-timer questions:

- How long can I use for without getting withdrawals?

This varies from person to person. However, for the majority of people, in the beginning, it takes a good few weeks-months of using everyday before a physical dependency is developed. For some people it happens much sooner, others later.

The danger is you never know when that extra day of using is going to be too much. The more you use heroin, the more your body gets used to it. The fact of the matter is, if you use heroin everyday, or with any real regularity greater than once or twice a week, you will eventually become dependent.

Also, after you pick up your first habit, you become dependent again much faster in the future. It will eventually get to the point where even using 2 days in a row, is enough to create withdrawals.

- How fast does an overdose happen?

There is a common misconception that OD’s, especially from IV heroin, happen instantly. While this is true in a lot of instances, overdoses can happen at any point even up to an hour after using (and if one is redosing throughout a short period of time, can happen even after an hour or more).

- Do you get addicted after one use?

While you do not develop a physical dependency after one use (it takes many days in the beginning of using in a row for this to happen) a psychological addiction can start to develop very early. It is a myth that a person becomes addicted in any way after one use, but it is true that’s all it takes sometimes to start you down a path of future addiction.

***For some stories on how heroin (and other drugs) have impacted peoples lives, check out the Personal Accounts of Addiction thread. There are some very real and raw entries there on the reality of how heroin can destroy your life.

***Also check out the Case Studies thread, and realize how easily this all ends up happening.

Note: This thread was meant as a very basic guide. Obviously there is much more to say and talk about, so if you have any specific questions relating to the topic, feel free to make a post here.

Good luck, all.
I was just thinking the same exact thing..you do realize most people feel about 30 seconds of a rush with heroin and then after that most people are just nodding/sleeping...you will get very little accomplished on H (though not always true, true a good bit of the time for most people). You will be lucky if you can be creative enough to figure out how to get your crashed ass up off of the bathroom floor by yourself!
It'll make you a lot more creative at scoring more heroin.
t

I've never been interested in using heroin because of the cuts dealers use and the risks involved. I refuse to IV any drug and I never have, because of my fear of needle-fever.
With that being said, I DO like opiates occasionally. I've used kratom, hydrocodone, oxycodone, tramadol, codeine, and suboxone (subutex). I have never bought pills, I don't have sources for them, and I honestly have no intentions of going out and getting any. I know I can't justify abusing pain relievers, but I use them very rarely (once every two months, if they're available).

The question I have is: is heroin REALLY that different from other opiates? Or can we group all opiates (at least the harder ones) into this?
Yes, H is without a doubt that different from other opiates. Especially if it's cut/strengthened with fent. Your tolerance skyrockets and regular old H no longer cuts it at all. This is when you find yourself FUCKED. Long hard road out of that hell I promise. But it is do-able. Don't give up

Let me tell you, it sucks to have destroyed a promising future due to abusing this one. It is so addictive why risk everything when yeah the high is good but so is life. There is also a big chance the high will suck if it isn't for you, and you will have no idea your natural tolerance or the purity. By the time you do, you'd be on your way to all day every day... usually snorting in the beginning depending on location, at least here. If you hate yourself and want to die and are actually like that and not faking yourself then by all means you will attract shit like this into your life. It is obviously no good there isn't really much to be said just look at some of the people who were addicted and what happened to them there are horror stories everywhere. Why for a stupid high that you'll probably want to repeat.

edit - I do not mean to imply the high is stupid. It enhanced my intelligence, creative, and motivation. Made life a breeze until it didn't. I'll never be the same and it's totally a drag, man. Wish I had stuck with the herb. I meant that the idea of using the drug is stupid it isn't even diacetylmorphine anymore otherwise I'd probably relapse.
No doubt. Hey Shroomy it's Closeau. Been long time dude. Won't let me PM you. My reply is your post is accurate as it gets I certainly know all too well. Well said as usual you always hit nail on head. Try PM me.

Heroin is a horrible drug.
No its nice in a good batch
if you gonna try it snort it ONCE
and never inject it i feel dirty and permanent tolerane inrease

And if people fin out youve tried it prepare to be labelledforever

Thats what i would be most worried about being labelled when i did codeine i knew my mum would kill me if she found out and my stupid mate who linked them kept shouting down the road to my house taking the piss "Yo got you codeine here" or talking about it to everyone when hes chinged out of his face I miss him lol he was like not a dealer but he did odd jobs and always always had good coke and weed we'd just chill in his shed pitch black at night smoking weed gooood times

Is it possible to only like weaker opiates like oxycodone and vicodin? I've had a buddy who had me try a line of the real deal twice. I shouldn't have done it but luckily I didn't like it for some reason. No euphoria... just spaced out and a hardcore downer. Others opiates--even kratom possess more euphoric properties. It could've been a bad batch but at the same time my buddy loved the exact batch and became addicted to the same dealer's stuff.

I have always been immensely afraid of H, and especially after what it did to my friend following our experimental phase of weaker opiates in comparison to when he touched H. I recommend everyone hooked to pain pills do not make this switch. I've seen first hand how much stronger heroin is on a person's soul versus painkillers. It's mindblowing and apparent. Take care :)

I am against condoning heroin use. Yes this is hard reduction. But this drug alone is very powerful, and addicting. Most people have a very short life span the second these do heroin. Who knows, you may be the exception, but is playing Russian roulette worth doing to find out? Also keep on mind, heroin is very popularly cut with fentanyl, making chances of death ridiculously high. Safe using!