• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I got into it in the early 90's, I was just a weed smoker at the time, I loved my weed and acid. But I loved a guy who used H, he told me he just did it on weekends to party I went through the whole thought process of, "I've tripped acid, I can handle this stuff, I'll just do it once so he thinks I'm cool, then I'll never do it again." First time was great, after vomiting my guts up, I felt so good, so light, numb to my problems.. at peace.. but that was the last peaceful feeling I'd have for about a year. Next day I felt like crap and the guy said, just do a line and you'll feel better. I did, I felt better and I missed being numb, I missed the peaceful, accepted, feeling.. so that night was the second time he shot me up. I lied to myself with "I can party like this guy, just do it socially, withdrawal won't be that big a deal, I'll just get stoned or eat some zannies, he cares about me and will protect to me, he'll be there for me". I ended up moving in with this guy and used for about a year, daily. Facts, he lied, he actually used every single day, you HAVE to use everyday or you are violently sick, wanna crawl out of your own skin, kill yourself to make the jerking, spasms , cramps, shits & pain stop. I was shooting H in the am, smoking crack throughout the day & then H at night. He got violent when he couldn't find anything, he hit me many times. We were out for about a day and I overheard him offering me sexually to some street bum just to find him some H. I called my family and they came to the city and got me, took me to a medically assisted (methadone) detox, got me a therapist. I made the choice to wean off the methadone because they only want to up your dose, it's not a transition drug, just another drug the state sells you, forever. I lost 5 friends\family in the 90's to OD, then 5 more recently during the opioid epidemic. I was so so lucky. I've never used again and after the withdrawal, what sane person would choose to? It's absolute hell in earth, and I've had cancer, chemo, etc, nothing was worse than H. Id never do it again and I hope if you are wanting to do it once and you read this, you will realize it's not fun, you can not handle it, you may die from it and if you don't OD, when the withdrawals start, you will wish you had died. Be unique, be brave, be something, anything.. just be alive.

What? A bust for actual real heroin and not fentanyl? Are the cartels deciding to follow harm reduction practices? Or are they just trying not to kill off their customers? But you can see one reason why they switched to fet, it's a lot harder to smuggle 55 gallon barrels.

Yeah H was my love. When fentanyl came out I was like wtf is this bullshit just makes me sleepy…not my thing. And I would OD too much.

To put it in perspective I OD’d on H only once that I can think of in 3 years that I was an IV user. And that was only because I had a killer stash of H and I had a couple bottles of Xanax. I didn’t like Xanax at the time. I just took them to help a buddy out but anyhow I took a couple and blacked out. I usually was very careful with H and I wasn’t when I blacked out. Luckily I didn’t die. I vaguely remember rolling down the hill off a few way exit d all the cars driving by.

Anyhow, fentanyl. I only took it maybe 10 times in my life. I had to thoroughly figure out if I liked it ya know? lol.

But seriously could t figure out what all the hype was about compared to real heroin. It’s just kinda a flat buzz to me that’s mostly sedating. Well out of the ten times I OD’d probably about 6 of them. So yeah, I tried just snoring even. Nope OD’d.

No safe way whatsoever to use fentanyl off the street

Haven’t been on BL in ages but saw this pinned thread. LMAO at the timing of the first post. 2014-2015 was maybe the very last time-ish that choosing to do H specifically was generally feasible. Fast-forward only a couple years from then and what became available?? RIP H.