• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

so i found out that there is heroin around the opiate scene here and its not imported but made from pharma grade morphine scripts so homebake H apparently these users here in the scene claim this heroin is way better than the stuff they have had overseas which is made from poppies. I kind of want to try it but only once i also have such a addictive personality. If the purity is what they say better than afghani what would be the safest method to consume snorting or freebasing the smoke?

I did the whole gram in a couple of days, it was okay I suppose.
I wasted at least 1/4g trying to smoke it before deciding that cooking and snorting was a better idea.

In my opinion, it's kind of like meth of opioids in that it makes all the others look like shit when compared. (Of course there are more euphoric opioids, just as there are more euphoric stims than meth)
I remember when i first started smoking it I would sizzle more then I smoked .

Hell no dude. That’s a dig not to fuck with. Use kratom or someshit before that. You can’t just say I’m going to do it once because you have no idea what it feels like and how much it takes you’d you over. Look at all these addicts going homeless over this stuff. Hard no on this drug.

I am one of the extremely fortunate ones who have stopped using after becoming hopefully addicted. No one thinks that they are going to become addicted, we all believe that we have the strength and cleverness too avoid it. As I am pretty darned old (in my 80's), I have absolutely no friends left from when I was using. All of them are dead, one way or the other. Most of them chose death in one way or another, mostly without actually realizing it.

Keeping all this in mind, I would advise anyone considering using heroin for recreational purposes not to. It resolves to a one way ticket to pain and death.

Agreed w/ this assessment. Those that survive heroin addiction are definitely grateful for it, because it's pretty awful being sick a lot.

There are plenty of safer alternatives to scratch that opioid itch.

So nowadays you ask in a Thread " should i try heroin?". Bullshit! It happens or it doesnt.
We all know better it doesnt. With the amount of information on hand nowadays, Whoever STILL needs to ask.....whatever

That ain't nowadays this question was asked in this thread six years ago

6 years have gone by and the answer is still no though

Let's do a tally of how many people have died from fatal opiate overdoses over the past year??

If you do heroin don't put it in your arm and you are less likely to die is my best HR advice

2 year heroin addiction w/ only 3 IV uses I managed to come out the other side

My step cousin had one IV use relapse towards the end of this two year period

He's no longer w/ us sadly and this prompted me to quit the habit

Sniff it if you want to have a chance at surviving

You'll still get sick but your much less likely to die and the truth is IV heroin rush overrated anyway; and getting smacked through nasal does you just as proper; you're gonna fall asleep anyway so who gives a shit

If you must do an opiate; drink some kratom; find a codeine/vicodin/tramadol/oxycodone/morphine; but don't get street heroin it's all fentanyl now and if you're opiate naive you'll probably fall out and die; sorry but its facts

And the big secret no one seems to know is that heroin is simply a prodrug for morphine that crosses the blood brain barrier faster; but that's not what "heroin" is these days

That ain't nowadays this question was asked in this thread six years ago

6 years have gone by and the answer is still no though

Let's do a tally of how many people have died from fatal opiate overdoses over the past year??

If you do heroin don't put it in your arm and you are less likely to die is my best HR advice

2 year heroin addiction w/ only 3 IV uses I managed to come out the other side

My step cousin had one IV use relapse towards the end of this two year period

He's no longer w/ us sadly and this prompted me to quit the habit

Sniff it if you want to have a chance at surviving

You'll still get sick but your much less likely to die and the truth is IV heroin rush overrated anyway; and getting smacked through nasal does you just as proper; you're gonna fall asleep anyway so who gives a shit

If you must do an opiate; drink some kratom; find a codeine/vicodin/tramadol/oxycodone/morphine; but don't get street heroin it's all fentanyl now and if you're opiate naive you'll probably fall out and die; sorry but its facts

And the big secret no one seems to know is that heroin is simply a prodrug for morphine that crosses the blood brain barrier faster; but that's not what "heroin" is these days
YES, ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!
The 5- 10% shit nowadays is really not worth it, even with micron filters 0.2 ! I mean if i had veins like ropes, i'd still do iit.But butchering around and not even enjoying the little rush cuz you got to wipe all that blood away and hide arms for days. No. Not when i can have pharma morphine and if i insufflate, its a gram in 3 parts over the Day. Thats enough for me. Since we dont even get the fent stuff 🤬

Last edited:
in all the talk about lowering the use and cutting back so that eventually a good shot at quitting can be achieved, can you take oxy's to prevent heroine withdrawals, and work your way down with those instead of the China?

Will taking oxy prevent China withdrawals ?

I'm sure someone has tried this and knows a little about it. I HATE film subs and I do not want to go down methadone rd just to get stuck on that not so merry go round....

in all the talk about lowering the use and cutting back so that eventually a good shot at quitting can be achieved, can you take oxy's to prevent heroine withdrawals, and work your way down with those instead of the China?

Will taking oxy prevent China withdrawals ?

I'm sure someone has tried this and knows a little about it. I HATE film subs and I do not want to go down methadone rd just to get stuck on that not so merry go round....
Any opioid will lower the WDs.
I've seen someone even try some gastrointestinal opioid (I don't remember the name, but only works on the bowels) against his WDs. Very dangerous, don't try it.

What's your plan? Do you want to taper down the oxy step by step? It's really almost just as strong as heroin, has a potency of 3
Maybe a lower-grade opioid would be a better idea? Not sure about how much you're taking.

Here we can get methadone from regular pharmacies.

Much better, pharmacies don't have security guards to deal with patients when they get told they're not being dosed.

Then again, not every clinic I've been to is like that, just free ones. Don't have to wait for ages to get dosed either.
I'm On methadone now been On for weeks 50 mls a day:p

look, as one of the only people I know who was able to do this shit occasionally, and even used IV heroin a few times, I never got physically dependent in around ten years of occasional use. I never spiraled too far into it, where I couldn't stop (longer than about a week anyway, the desire to redose is strong). That said, it was one of the worst decisions I ever made, and the brain damage and suffering it has caused me, have been immense. And I'm still young, so there's chance it could get worse. I dont touch the stuff anymore, but its been hard. Honestly, with this one, just don't do it, or any opiates for that matter. With fetanyl now, its even worse, though it is a little less addictive, the chances of overdosing off steet dope are intense. Real dope, is too addicting and is not worth it. Its up there with crack and meth, anyway. Doing all 3 together is also not advisable.

Any opioid will lower the WDs.
I've seen someone even try some gastrointestinal opioid (I don't remember the name, but only works on the bowels) against his WDs. Very dangerous, don't try it.

What's your plan? Do you want to taper down the oxy step by step? It's really almost just as strong as heroin, has a potency of 3
Maybe a lower-grade opioid would be a better idea? Not sure about how much you're taking.
I've done the detox several times off the different opiates over the years and oxy was actually fairly easy for me. China is brutal with endless hucking for days...Hydro was by far the worst with 5 straight days of no sleep and the worst acute pain I've EVER experienced...others all had their own place in the chart of whats worst....and the WD symptoms were different with each.
I was thinking about dropping the china dose to near none, and starting oxy in small steps until I get to a level thats safe and comfortable, Once fully on oxy only, begin that process and work my way down.

I Don't know why i bother. I WAS on pain mngt and was told it would be for life with LUPUS and a history of serious injuries, but my gov says that I should suffer, rather than risk being dependent. the Dr's in thjis area won;t prescribe Tylenol III much less a REAL PM plan with scripts, drug screens etc....the dr's just picked up that old line they told US to use....
JUST SAY NO. I've even had a 'former' pain mngt physician tell me that it was now ILLEGAL for them to write scripts for ANY opiate drug. I got up and walked out of the exam room. I HATE being insulted and spoken to as if I am retarded or illiterate. Illegal? My God, are these dr's actually swallowing the politicians bullshit?

They all cut their patients off with little tapering or warning. These physcians are COWARDS and refuse to stand up to the DEA or FDA or CDC. I've written the CDC and THEY tell me that I SHOULD be able to receive the care that I NEED, including strong pain meds if my Dr thought they were appropriate. There was NO reason why that could not be done. Really? Come tell him that !
The FDA and CDC are using the DEA as their "gestapo " to quietly terrorize physicians into compliance with the new "attitude" regarding opiates and the danger they have (that does NOT exist) The DEA knows full well that its THEIR failure to stop the flow of ILLEGAL Chinese drugs that has caused the "crisis" that forced people like me to the street where we now have a much bigger problem, a huge jump in th use of china white. The fools in our gov CREATED their next crisis....an entire nation on China instead of their prescription pain meds. I know LOTS of people in the same boat....Forced to go to the street by the gov and their attack dog. The DEA. And Dr's afraid to treat with adequate care. As outlined in the Chronic Pain Patients Bill of Rights signed into LAW by Congress some years ago....and forgotten asap.

Sorry, I'm ranting because I shouldn't even BE in this position....I'm still pissed off about it.

The dr refuses to risk his license, so they cut me off as well as everyone else. Most quit PM and went to physical rehab medicine instead.
I had to go to a methadone clinic at first, for the ONLY source of pain meds. THAT sucked hard, so I turned to the street to meet my needs. I was in it for the pain relief, not the "high' people think is the attraction....it's NOT nearly as good as most any prescription. it gets me by though. Its the expense and risk that I'm tired of.

Thanks for the reply December Flower... !

I've done the detox several times off the different opiates over the years and oxy was actually fairly easy for me. China is brutal with endless hucking for days...Hydro was by far the worst with 5 straight days of no sleep and the worst acute pain I've EVER experienced...others all had their own place in the chart of whats worst....and the WD symptoms were different with each.
I was thinking about dropping the china dose to near none, and starting oxy in small steps until I get to a level thats safe and comfortable, Once fully on oxy only, begin that process and work my way down.

I Don't know why i bother. I WAS on pain mngt and was told it would be for life with LUPUS and a history of serious injuries, but my gov says that I should suffer, rather than risk being dependent. the Dr's in thjis area won;t prescribe Tylenol III much less a REAL PM plan with scripts, drug screens etc....the dr's just picked up that old line they told US to use....
JUST SAY NO. I've even had a 'former' pain mngt physician tell me that it was now ILLEGAL for them to write scripts for ANY opiate drug. I got up and walked out of the exam room. I HATE being insulted and spoken to as if I am retarded or illiterate. Illegal? My God, are these dr's actually swallowing the politicians bullshit?

They all cut their patients off with little tapering or warning. These physcians are COWARDS and refuse to stand up to the DEA or FDA or CDC. I've written the CDC and THEY tell me that I SHOULD be able to receive the care that I NEED, including strong pain meds if my Dr thought they were appropriate. There was NO reason why that could not be done. Really? Come tell him that !
The FDA and CDC are using the DEA as their "gestapo " to quietly terrorize physicians into compliance with the new "attitude" regarding opiates and the danger they have (that does NOT exist) The DEA knows full well that its THEIR failure to stop the flow of ILLEGAL Chinese drugs that has caused the "crisis" that forced people like me to the street where we now have a much bigger problem, a huge jump in th use of china white. The fools in our gov CREATED their next crisis....an entire nation on China instead of their prescription pain meds. I know LOTS of people in the same boat....Forced to go to the street by the gov and their attack dog. The DEA. And Dr's afraid to treat with adequate care. As outlined in the Chronic Pain Patients Bill of Rights signed into LAW by Congress some years ago....and forgotten asap.

Sorry, I'm ranting because I shouldn't even BE in this position....I'm still pissed off about it.

The dr refuses to risk his license, so they cut me off as well as everyone else. Most quit PM and went to physical rehab medicine instead.
I had to go to a methadone clinic at first, for the ONLY source of pain meds. THAT sucked hard, so I turned to the street to meet my needs. I was in it for the pain relief, not the "high' people think is the attraction....it's NOT nearly as good as most any prescription. it gets me by though. Its the expense and risk that I'm tired of.

Thanks for the reply December Flower... !
Oh man, hang in there! :(

It's a bitch - chronic pain.
I got pains migrating through my body since pretty young age, though nothing too bad. However, I understand how it feels to ALWAYS be in fucking pain.
But, and that's a very big but: Pain management will increase the pain over time, this is pretty much a given - sometimes it's much better to let the body & brain get accustomed to the pain. Which sucks hard, but this is why I never did pain treatment.
The next thing is the law: As you already know we are not allowed to prescribe pain patients too much for their pain(even in other countries), sadly, because dependance is always an issue. I risked my job a few times for a patient, but never with painkillers. You can get serious problems for that.

What I'm actually trying to get at: Because of tolerance & Tachyphylaxis, it is hard to impossible to stay on the same level with painkillers. Doses are less and less effective over time, until they completely diminish. and the pain will return sevenfold, until you take even higher doses.

I know how fucking hard this is, but I gotta say this: you SHOULD try to live with the pain, because in time the pain will fade away into the background and not even bother you anymore, or only a little. This is what happened to my pain, and I've seen this happen a lot in other patients, and it's a much safer way than by killing the pain, just to have it return as a monster.

But this is not saying that your country isn't acting rash on the opioid war. This will only create more problems, especially for the opioid dependants. I don't like decisions like that, and pain should be managed together with a Doctor, so there can be found a good ground for both you (wanting the pain to go) and the doc (wanting you not to get addicted)

Uhh I think the simple answer is no, absolutely not. I know it's been posted a million times, but the reality is that the majority of people who try heroin, or any powerful opiate for that matter, will end up addicted, and it cannot be overstated. There is very little to gain, if anything at all, from trying heroin. If I could change just one thing about my life, it would be the decision to try heroin, every time.

I've been a long time lurker on here and this is my first post ever or at least since about 2012 or so. I remember creating my Bluelight account to post a mushroom trip report when I was 17 or 18 back in like 2010-11. I had never tried hard drugs other than maybe cocaine at that point and my life then seems a world away from where I'm at nearly 10 years later.

I didn't seek out heroin. The opportunity just kind of presented itself because that was the life I was living at the time. In that sense the whole "gateway theory" actually bears some merit. Smoking heroin off of foil didn't seem that bad. Sans-needle, heroin loses a bit of the image it has created for itself. Of course, it didn't take me long to make that jump. Soon I would IV everything I could. Almost seems a waste otherwise. For me, the needle fixation adds a whole 'nother facet to addiction. I would even say it is on par with the addiction to the substance itself. I went from homelessness pretty much straight out of high school, in and out of jail, and finally to rehab for the first time all by about 20. I cleaned up after jail and 6 months of rehab and was able to get a job and into a sober living. I was finally independent and doing well, but I started using again and I lost it all. It took a probation violation and some jail time to convince me I needed to go back to treatment. Another 6 months of rehab got me clean again for almost 2 years, but I'm now on the tail end of a 3-year run and back to square one as far as being alright in the world goes. I've been on suboxone for a little over a week now and I'm down to 2 mg. I really feel done this time, but it's such a battle sometimes that death often feels like the only way out. In fact, after this last stint in rehab about a month ago I went right back out and took alprazolam, alcohol, and IV'd some heroin on top of it and I went out twice in like 3 days. Got narcaned both times. I really didn't care anymore. I wanted to die.

I feel more hopeful today, but there are still those dark moments. I'm finally at that age (27) where I can really see all the damage I've caused in my life and in others'. I can see now that my addiction has been right in the center of most, if not all, of the chaos. Luckily I'm still young enough to start over. I wish so deeply that I had really listened to what older cats and people in recovery tried to tell me all those years ago. It really is true: addiction only results in 3 things-jails, institutions, and death. I have friends in all 3 places and I've been to 2 of them. At 21 years old though, you couldn't tell me shit. I thought I knew everything. Now that I've gained some humility in my life, however, it's too late to undo all the damage. I can prevent further damage from happening though, and really, that's what matters. With statistics this drastic, why take the risk? Truly ask yourself what you really have to gain. I sincerely hope that my and other posts on this thread convince someone to either make the decision not to try it in the first place or, for those that may have already made that mistake, to make the decision to enter long-term recovery. I guarantee it will not make your life any better, and it will likely make it worse.

Look at this way, everyone is different,, I quit smoking cigs 10 years ago and crave cigs everyday of my life since. So I get really jealous of all you folks who can just smoke socially and not get hooked, if I even smell a fresh pack of cigs I fucking lose it!!!

With something like H, I wouldn't suggest anyone really get into it, but I would also push back a little on it being a guaranteed life destroyer. To be honest, opiates are not my ideal choice of substance, but once in while they can be nice. If you are super crazy about opiates then stay away from all of them. I have done H a few times, but never shot up, and I really don't get the love for it, really just feels like poppin a few hydros or Tramadol IMO, and as with all opioids there's a significant body load that I get sick of, I never understood why so many people want to feel like this all the time, but once in a while it is nice, but only for a short while for me. Good for chilling on the couch watching TV, especially if you have back pain or other issues. Granted, I am very careful with dosing, never took a huge line or smoked a huge serving out of fear of fucking death.

Honestly the strongest, opiate high I ever got was just from grinding up dried poppy pops and making tea, going to nod land is pretty psychedelic but, again feeling all smacked out even two days in a row aint my taste so I don't really worry about getting hooked. Even when I had to take opioids for injuries, its usually something you're stoked about when you get the scripts, but I just want it to be over after a a couple days and tend to just take the pain rather than get that overfull, kinda drunkish dumb feeling that makes your head feel in a fog all day. Really feels like just being hungover and bloated to me. On a side note I also drink way too much beer which fucks my health so I ma not judging anyone with a weakness for opiates.

So basically to each their own, just know what your weaknesses are and if you are someone who's opiate receptors are super strong, just avoid it like I have to avoid anything nicotine related. If you already fucked up and got hooked, your life still aint over, get help, its better than dying for sure.

Look at this way, everyone is different,, I quit smoking cigs 10 years ago and crave cigs everyday of my life since. So I get really jealous of all you folks who can just smoke socially and not get hooked, if I even smell a fresh pack of cigs I fucking lose it!!!

Wow. I really gotta give you applause. I quit smoking nearly 6 months ago, and while I've certainly had cravings, on the whole I've mostly been able to forget about cigarettes most of the time. I sometimes have cravings but if I ignore them they usually go away pretty fast.

If I had cravings as much as you describe, there's zero chance I'd stay off them. Staying off something you crave daily for 10 years is extremely impressive.

If you can keep your life together, functional and positive sure. Emphasis on the if...

Yeah and the number of people who can do that vs the number I can't, regardless of it they thought they could, is extremely low.

Almost noone can regularly use heroin and not wind up eventually fucking their whole life up.

Even the few who can manage for a while eventually hit a rough patch in their life, and most of the time that starts their decline too.

In many Asian countries, codeine and tramadol are OTC

Yeah somehow. New codes include 300 mg acetam and 50mg of code and very cheap. Trama is otc as well but without prescription, the price is SOMETIMES doubled (200000 IRR per blister, for instance). Tramas coming from india cost even more. Plus without providing a prescription, The pharmacists can't sell u more than 2/3 blisters. We have to wait a few days to buy more. Im talking about my homeland. Maybe in other countries like afghanistan or tajik, u can get more.
Sorry to be going off-topic.

Should I try heroin for the first time?
Those who can't afford/find a pure H and dunno how to make it can probably begin by isolating acetaminophen from codeine can be done by a very easy method called CWE (look it up on youtube: cold water extraction)
If u look it up on youtube you will notice how easy the method is. Why am I talking about codeine extraction? If your tolerance to opiates is low, A strong narco stuff like H might be too heavy for u.

Most of us, have a story like trying cigs and alcohol when we wer 10, then switch to mj, lsd and other hallucinogens even though we are still underage and get our hands on strong narcotics like opium and after years of building a high tolerance to opium, we feel like opium no longer satisfies us so we switch to H. What seduces us to try a drug is sometimes a positive false trip report. The "addiction part" is what we often disregard because we think we will remain an occasional forever, we will stop anytime we want. Am I right? is it like lying to ourselves?

This thread is filled with many good advices.

Last edited: