• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I live in the Golden Triangle region of Southeast Asia. The heroin here is very pure and quite affordable. I tried it 3 times. The last time was two years ago. I guess I am one of the 0.01% who can do that. I have no need or desire to do it again.
In many Asian countries, codeine and tramadol are OTC, so there's no need to beg doctors, steal meds, etc. I prefer to live where I'm treated like an adult and can manage my chronic pain. AmeriKKKa is the past; it's finished. Asia is the future.

I live in the Golden Triangle region of Southeast Asia. The heroin here is very pure and quite affordable. I tried it 3 times. The last time was two years ago. I guess I am one of the 0.01% who can do that. I have no need or desire to do it again.
In many Asian countries, codeine and tramadol are OTC, so there's no need to beg doctors, steal meds, etc. I prefer to live where I'm treated like an adult and can manage my chronic pain. AmeriKKKa is the past; it's finished. Asia is the future.

Lucky bastard. I mean the heroin here is pretty good, but affordable it is not. :p

Lucky bastard. I mean the heroin here is pretty good, but affordable it is not. :p
Hey, you can always move out here. Not only do we have better dope & pharms, but some countries here are beginning to legalize medical marijuana, and the hospitals have 'traditional medicine' sections where they prescribe herbal medicine, massages, etc. We also have nicer women, better food, a much more reasonable cost of living, sunny weather, and you don't need a car to get around. I don't know what it's like now, with the Covid hysteria, but normally a plane ticket costs about half of a monthly rent in some filthy studio apartment in the West...

It won’t make you more creative or anything. It’ll only make you sick, addicted, a liar, a thief, self centered and hate yourself to the greatest extent. You don’t want to become that, and it will happen. In one extent or the other it will

I’m only going to try it once.

This was exactly my excuse to try H or meth for the first time and still remember how great i felt. But since I was worried of "H addiction" and its "withdrawal symptoms", I promised myself to use it once or twice a weak. One year of being an "occasional H user" passed so I decided to quit it cold turkey and continue using slight and less addictive narcos like Opium but alas... Opium itself and any type of "strong opiate" no longer satisfied me even at high doses. Then I realized What i did and how fool I was.

By saying things like.. "No worries, I chip. I won't be addicted", You only convince yourself to use again and again.

Should I try heroin for the first time?

Like anyone else, You have your own reason to try a drug that u haven't done before. Sorry, I don't mean to stop u. My brief answer to your big question is:
Be careful and take every legal/illegal drug at your own risk.

In all drug rehabilitations (that are built by GOVs), An inanimate object like Meth/Hero is often blamed and condemned, Not the addicted people who were once an occasional user.

Last edited:
What do you seek to gain from trying heroin?

As I already said in my previous post, People use or abuse a drug/med or even become an addict for a reason and the reason matters to them only. Prejudging someone's lifestyle does not define who they are; it defines who you are. (Western proverb I guess)

Oh sorry I forgot to admire the reply by FunctionalJnkieGrl, If you are new to narcos, trying H might not be a wise idea. However I say it for the last time: try anything at your own risk.

All the junkies want to pile in with their replies.

If you want to try heroin 1st go to your local methadone clinic and watch the people going in and out. Assuming the heroin doesn't kill you, you end up in jail, the clinic will be your future. And to get off that you have to go through the withdrawal of your life only to end up with fried out receptors.

So no...don't try heroin :)

All the junkies want to pile in with their replies.

If you want to try heroin 1st go to your local methadone clinic and watch the people going in and out. Assuming the heroin doesn't kill you, you end up in jail, the clinic will be your future. And to get off that you have to go through the withdrawal of your life only to end up with fried out receptors.

So no...don't try heroin :)

Here we can get methadone from regular pharmacies.

Much better, pharmacies don't have security guards to deal with patients when they get told they're not being dosed.

Then again, not every clinic I've been to is like that, just free ones. Don't have to wait for ages to get dosed either.

Acting like all users end up with the same fate just harms your cause, as anyone seriously interested in some real insight will take that as a sign to ignore the rest of your post. Yes, you will more than likely end up doing things you never thought you would to feed your addiction, but also everyone is different.

Functionality exists. I will more than likely be on the stuff forever, I've made peace with that and its tempered my addiction as a result.

Being dependent on anything is an awful weakness. But make no mistake about it, my life is considerably better than it was when I was doing prescription painkillers(owed I believe to far more reliable sources). Dope dealers are far less judgy/sanctimonious than doctors.

Obviously now quality is a huge issue which is why I don't recommend putting that stuff in your veins(blasphemy I'm sure to many of you here).

Supply is a double edged sword however, now you can easily spend yourself into the ground(even with an amazing job). Only advice I can offer there is try to use in ways that are less likely to invite you to overindulge. If I smoke it, I'll spend about twice or more what I do when I create a nasal solution.

Happy nodding.

God no. Save yourself the rock bottom addiction tour. Heroin is so good it's deadly. If I could go back and stop myself from taking that first Dilaudid-I would. Opiate addiction will ravage you. I am one of the few who I know who got clean: most died. Jails, institutions or death are what follow Heroin.

Here we can get methadone from regular pharmacies.

Much better, pharmacies don't have security guards to deal with patients when they get told they're not being dosed.

Then again, not every clinic I've been to is like that, just free ones. Don't have to wait for ages to get dosed either.

In the US you can watch the living dead walk in and out of Methadone Clinics. I worked hard for 3 years, got clean AND got fully off the Methadone. What they don't tell you is they never intend to have you stop taking Methadone or one of the forms of Buprenorphine. They just want you to be productive members of society, go to work and consume. I think that's bleak. Addicts deserve better we need hope.

In the US you can watch the living dead walk in and out of Methadone Clinics. I worked hard for 3 years, got clean AND got fully off the Methadone. What they don't tell you is they never intend to have you stop taking Methadone or one of the forms of Buprenorphine. They just want you to be productive members of society, go to work and consume. I think that's bleak. Addicts deserve better we need hope.

In my experience they'll start tapering you off it pretty much whenever you want.

They generally don't want you to get off it though cause all the data tends to suggest people do better on substitution therapy.

I mean, if the statistics show you that while people are on substitution, they die less, commit less crime, etc. Then when they get off it all those things increase. If you're a doctor, what would you do?

And I gotta say that's in line with my personal experience. A lot of people have died after relapsing soon after getting off substitution therapy under pressure from friends and family.

I'm glad they recommend people stay on it.

And hey I'm glad you were able to get off methadone. But your experience isn't right for everyone anymore than mine is.

Methadone and bupe are some of the most effective interventions we have. And they help a lot of people.

That is the problem with the clinic system here. While sure you can jump through hoops and taper. They do not want that. You can walk up to the nurse and say you need an increase and they will happily give you more. Taper, you have to see the doctor. Its a business model.

More or less they treat everyone as a lifer from day 1. If an 18 year old kid comes to the clinic he should be treated MUCH differently than a 35 year old that has been dosing for 5 years. But they are treated the same. In fact, its the clinic that is creating these addicts.

The truth is....most people relapse when getting off methadone because the withdrawal carries on for so long. The clinic isn't going to tell you....if you dose for 5 years straight, be sure to clear a year off your calendar when you want to get off.

They don't support any proper taper method (blind taper). And most clinics are switching to 5mg increments (even though liquid can be given in any increment) only to make it even harder. 2/3 times I wanted to get off the clinic just had to walk out.

Its OK. They no longer get business from me, and never will.

That is the problem with the clinic system here. While sure you can jump through hoops and taper. They do not want that. You can walk up to the nurse and say you need an increase and they will happily give you more. Taper, you have to see the doctor. Its a business model.

More or less they treat everyone as a lifer from day 1. If an 18 year old kid comes to the clinic he should be treated MUCH differently than a 35 year old that has been dosing for 5 years. But they are treated the same. In fact, its the clinic that is creating these addicts.

The truth is....most people relapse when getting off methadone because the withdrawal carries on for so long. The clinic isn't going to tell you....if you dose for 5 years straight, be sure to clear a year off your calendar when you want to get off.

They don't support any proper taper method (blind taper). And most clinics are switching to 5mg increments (even though liquid can be given in any increment) only to make it even harder. 2/3 times I wanted to get off the clinic just had to walk out.

Its OK. They no longer get business from me, and never will.

Fortunately here I'm pretty sure they do have blind tapers. I've seen it in the guidelines. I wouldn't really know first hand since I've only ever gotten off methadone by switching back to heroin exclusively.

I am one of the extremely fortunate ones who have stopped using after becoming hopelessly addicted. No one thinks that they are going to become addicted, we all believe that we have the strength and cleverness too avoid it. As I am pretty darned old (in my 80's), I have absolutely no friends left from when I was using. All of them are dead, one way or the other. Most of them chose death in one way or another, mostly without actually realizing it.

Keeping all this in mind, I would advise anyone considering using heroin for recreational purposes not to. It resolves to a one way ticket to pain and death.

Edit: changed hopefully to hopelessly. I mean seriously WTF was I thinking

Last edited:
Fortunately here I'm pretty sure they do have blind tapers. I've seen it in the guidelines. I wouldn't really know first hand since I've only ever gotten off methadone by switching back to heroin exclusively.

Yeah, from what I read I think almost all countries have better MMT than the states. If a clinic will properly blind taper you, then its a decent clinic imo.

This is very dangerous so don't try it... But I was tweaked on some Meth and got talked into doing a line of heroin (I only snort) & after I do the line he tells me that shit was White China... Not knowing what he was talking about... Midway walking home I felt a rush in my stomach kinda like I was on a rollercoaster then my balance was way off. I'm surprised I made it home.. I felt really good but was slumped as fuck..

Yeah, from what I read I think almost all countries have better MMT than the states. If a clinic will properly blind taper you, then its a decent clinic imo.

Ehh, out public clinics the one I went too anyway, wasn't that great. I went to a private one too which was a lot better.

The main advantage here imo is you don't have to go to a clinic at all, you can get be dosed at an ordinary pharmacy.

The only thing is the latter 2 options cost money while public clinics are free.