• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

from how my father reacts from methadone injection (170mg a day iv) i would say never get involed (its not worth it)

I really hate it when doctors and other people who have no first hand experience compare opiate withdrawal to the flu.

I've had the flu, withdrawal is substantially worse
Calling it a flu is fked up imo, it's SOSOSOSOSOOSO MUCH worse like you say. At least with the flu you can sleep it off with a minor headache. THIS SHIT u can't EVEN SIT STILL FOR A MONTH, your whole body aches, watery eyes, runny nose,puking, diarrhea, can't sleep properly for a month at least with a nice first 5 days of NO SLEEP.Hyperalgesia,everything hurts, no energy. and when finally all thatpasses, u are left depressed with a lingering depression/anhedonia that makes you think "Fuck this, my tolerance is low right now. I'ma get high as fuck" Cycle repeats.

Calling it a flu is fked up imo, it's SOSOSOSOSOOSO MUCH worse like you say. At least with the flu you can sleep it off with a minor headache. THIS SHIT u can't EVEN SIT STILL FOR A MONTH, your whole body aches, watery eyes, runny nose,puking, diarrhea, can't sleep properly for a month at least with a nice first 5 days of NO SLEEP.Hyperalgesia,everything hurts, no energy. and when finally all thatpasses, u are left depressed with a lingering depression/anhedonia that makes you think "Fuck this, my tolerance is low right now. I'ma get high as fuck" Cycle repeats.

Exactly.

That doctors frequently compare opioid withdrawal to the flu or a cold really highlights the difference between assuming what it's like in the basis of a description in a book or a list of symptoms, and actually knowing what it's like because you've experienced it.

Like you said, you can't sleep, at least can usually sleep through most of a flu. Flu doesn't make it hurt just to sit still compelling you to keep moving your limbs just so it hurts the tiniest bit less. Making it impossible to get even the slightest bit comfortable as time just drags on and on.

Id take the flu any day over that shit.

Exactly.

That doctors frequently compare opioid withdrawal to the flu or a cold really highlights the difference between assuming what it's like in the basis of a description in a book or a list of symptoms, and actually knowing what it's like because you've experienced it.

Like you said, you can't sleep, at least can usually sleep through most of a flu. Flu doesn't make it hurt just to sit still compelling you to keep moving your limbs just so it hurts the tiniest bit less.

Id take the flu any day over that shit.
same, omg forgot to mention the goosebumps hotflashes. Last year when i was wding in winter i was like fuck i wish i would be experiencing this in summer, then in summer was in the same place but omfg i swear i take cold weather over hot weather when in wd. It felt so much worse idkyyyy.

Weird, usually I'd prefer to be warm than cold in withdrawal.

Just cause withdrawal makes you feel the cold sooooo much more.

When you're high on opioids all the time you don't feel cold much. But in withdrawal even slightly cool weather suddenly feels freezing cold.

Weird, usually I'd prefer to be warm than cold in withdrawal.

Just cause withdrawal makes you feel the cold sooooo much more.

When you're high on opioids all the time you don't feel cold much. But in withdrawal even slightly cool weather suddenly feels freezing cold.
yeah but in a TOO HOT enviroment it feels really uncomfortable, at least for me.

If i was snort to heroin afgani brown powder 79% purity should my first dose snorted be less than 10 mg?

If i was snort to heroin afgani brown powder 79% purity should my first dose snorted be less than 10 mg?

If you have no opioid tolerance? Yeah that sounds like a fairly safe place to start.

I'm basing that off morphine starting doses and scaling it to heroin potency though. Its been a hell of a long time since I didn't have a tolerance so I don't have the benefit of recent experience starting herom with little to no tolerance.

Is that the tan/light brown stuff that they sell in the UK, or did when I was a smack head? It was smokable on foil, it "runs" it needs citric acid to break down when you cook it in a spoon (or vinegar or lemon juice back in the day if I couldn't find citric acid)

What's with all the heroin names these days? black tar #3 and #4 and China White is now fent when before China White was pharmaceutical grade heroin (never tried it would of liked to)

I only knew brown/tan heroin that's it, that's all we had here in UK, that's all I'd of been interested in, I'd someone gave me black tarvid be like "fuck off that's squidgy black hash" lol

Since I quit 18 years ago, I've heard all different names and types, although I don't even know the Internet existed when I was on it 1997-2021

I chose against trying dope for now as both the contact has gone AWOL and the PAWS/depression from my Tram abuse has lifted.

I relapsed on benzos though but they are making me get my life somewhat in order... Got my first script for 30x0.25 Alp but I mostly use 0.5-0.75mg a day, combination of clonazepam diazepam and alp... Pretty much a therapeutical dose for me.

PAWS/depression from my Tram abuse has lifted.
Tram withdrawal and the paws is just horrible, but so is paws/depression from benzo withdrawal

but I mostly use 0.5-0.75mg

What dose does than mean like half of a 0.25 Xanax?

I'm on a few 1mg a day but I don't understand the maths you're on about it seems like a spec of alprazolam?

I want to try clonazepam lol can't get that in UK I don't think not even online to my knowledge