• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

When you're covered in a layer of frost AND have that god Dam Gorilla on ur back. If u Wanna Score, you're gonna do whstever it takes to get ur next dose/shot.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at as far as the post of mine you're replying too. But I think I agree with you. :p

When you're hurting, you tend to do whatever it takes to make it stop.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at as far as the post of mine you're replying too. But I think I agree with you. :p

When you're hurting, you tend to do whatever it takes to make it stop.
I’ve been trying to here too. Unfortunately, I really don’t know where to go in this town. If anyone is from Guelph (or surrounding), can you please let me know? DM or something. I’m in day 3 of withdrawal. Not nice!

Tried it twice nasally. 1 Line every time 2 cm long and 3mm broad. I didnt even have to puke. I just got a warm feeling.
That's it. I wont do it again.

JJ

Hi there, I'm a long time lurker (10+ years) and first time poster.

I'm in my early twenties right now and the drugs I've dabbled in the most have been weed (daily), benzos (close to daily on-and-off for the past 2 years, relapsed recently after 45 days clean) and lately tramadol but it has way too many sides and tolerance to speedy SNRI effects builds way slower than to the opiate agonist effects.
I'd still be doing benzos as my DoC if they hadn't simply almost stopped working with even pretty high doses of Xanax working exactly the same as say 0.25mg but with worse W/Ds. Also, fuck PAWS.

Basically, this is my last cry for help before I try dope later today or tomorrow. A friend in my crew brought it up and somehow everyone was up for it, I suppose they've all been feeling down lately as well or something.
To pose a question: Should I smoke it or snort it? I loved vaping meth through a lightbulb when I did it a couple of times but I think dope is vaped off foil?

Edit: I should probably note I've tried Codeine (3/10), DHC (4/10), Tramadol (7/10 with no tolerance 5/10 with), Oxycodone (5/10) and Buprenorphine (5.5/10)

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm a long time lurker (10+ years) and first time poster.

I'm in my early twenties right now and the drugs I've dabbled in the most have been weed (daily), benzos (close to daily on-and-off for the past 2 years, relapsed recently after 45 days clean) and lately tramadol but it has way too many sides and tolerance to speedy SNRI effects builds way slower than to the opiate agonist effects.
I'd still be doing benzos as my DoC if they hadn't simply almost stopped working with even pretty high doses of Xanax working exactly the same as say 0.25mg but with worse W/Ds. Also, fuck PAWS.

Basically, this is my last cry for help before I try dope later today or tomorrow. A friend in my crew brought it up and somehow everyone was up for it, I suppose they've all been feeling down lately as well or something.
To pose a question: Should I smoke it or snort it? I loved vaping meth through a lightbulb when I did it a couple of times but I think dope is vaped off foil?

Edit: I should probably note I've tried Codeine (3/10), DHC (4/10), Tramadol (7/10 with no tolerance 5/10 with), Oxycodone (5/10) and Buprenorphine (5.5/10)

sounds to me like you're aware that a significantly loud voice from deep inside you somewhere is urging you not to do it...

you're gonna get some advice from forum members here - do or do not listen - that's your prerogative

BUT....that voice inside you that yoiu can hear....the one that doesn't want you to do it....

that's your intuition / higher self / whatever-you-wanna-call-it making a last-gasp effort to communicate with you - so listen to it <3

Edit - also the person in your crew whose brought the smack...isn't your friend

sounds to me like you're aware that a significantly loud voice from deep inside you somewhere is urging you not to do it...

you're gonna get some advice from forum members here - do or do not listen - that's your prerogative

BUT....that voice inside you that yoiu can hear....the one that doesn't want you to do it....

that's your intuition / higher self / whatever-you-wanna-call-it making a last-gasp effort to communicate with you - so listen to it <3

Edit - also the person in your crew whose brought the smack...isn't your friend

Thank you for the post, I'm looking for replies from all points of view.

It's true that I feel an urge not to try H inside me just like I wouldn't ever try crack (still wouldn't) but I think I'm going to be high for a few hours and then realize that dope is not the answer to all my problems and just doing it because I've done everything else won't satisfy me.

Nobody bought it yet - someone just randomly mentioned that they could procure it and everyone just said sure...

I think you should listen to that voice.

In my experience there's two ways this usually goes.

One is that you're just not someone prone to opioid addiction, in which case you'll try it, but unimpressed, and not bother with it in future.

The other is that you are someone prone to opioid addiction, will try it, love it, and potentially begin an ultra destructive habit.

Soo.. Either way it's not really worth doing it.

Is there a particular reason you feel compelled to do it?

I was addicted to heroin for years, it can't be overemphasized just how destructive it can be for certain people.

Don't assume you'll be able to try it just once then stop. Some people can do that, but other people try it and then just can't stop themselves from using more.

Thank you for the post, I'm looking for replies from all points of view.

It's true that I feel an urge not to try H inside me just like I wouldn't ever try crack (still wouldn't) but I think I'm going to be high for a few hours and then realize that dope is not the answer to all my problems and just doing it because I've done everything else won't satisfy me.

Nobody bought it yet - someone just randomly mentioned that they could procure it and everyone just said sure...
Imho , heroin Is so much worse than crack.

Imho , heroin Is so much worse than crack.

The street fentanyl that is out there now is no doubt a worse addiction than crack but I would say in the pre-fent era (before 2012ish) the difference in harm caused by a heroin addiction wasn’t necessarily substantially worse than a crack addiction.

Furthermore, a responsible, knowledgeable, disciplined heroin user with a steady supply of both heroin and money would most likely fare much better in life than a crack addict.

(Of course this is hypothetical and entirely based on the individual but I think its a reasonable generalization to make.)

Crack has the advantage of not causing significant physical withdrawal symptoms and avoids the dangers of IV use, but it usually causes more psychological and financial problems.

In my experience it also causes people to engage in behaviors they would’ve never thought possible a lot sooner than heroin does. I’ve met many people who went from upstanding citizen to armed robber or somewhat prudent fine-young-lady to street prostitute rather quickly because of crack. These things can and do happen with heroin but it usually takes a lot longer in my experience.

just saying..

I think you should listen to that voice.

In my experience there's two ways this usually goes.

One is that you're just not someone prone to opioid addiction, in which case you'll try it, but unimpressed, and not bother with it in future.

The other is that you are someone prone to opioid addiction, will try it, love it, and potentially begin an ultra destructive habit.

Soo.. Either way it's not really worth doing it.

Is there a particular reason you feel compelled to do it?

I was addicted to heroin for years, it can't be overemphasized just how destructive it can be for certain people.

Don't assume you'll be able to try it just once then stop. Some people can do that, but other people try it and then just can't stop themselves from using more.

I think I MIGHT be in the first group. I recently got a supply of around 15,000mgs of Tramadol of which I used about 80% of and shared the rest within about 2 months...
I had the last dose a little more than a week ago, had just a little stomach discomfort, RLS and depression for a couple of days, no strong cravings (as opposed to benzo WD) and I don't have a will to do particularly do opioids.

I want to try it because I got a taste of nods from Subs and euphoria from tramadol and I really want to try the whole package at least once... Bliss, for a day.
If I had Quaaludes or barbiturates on hand, I'd take them over heroin 1/1.

There's a safety net of some kind I suppose as I don't have a direct connection, and the friend that would procure it would stop me from getting any more if he'd see I was at risk of addiction.

The street fentanyl that is out there now is no doubt a worse addiction than crack but I would say in the pre-fent era (before 2012ish) the difference in harm caused by a heroin addiction wasn’t necessarily substantially worse than a crack addiction.

Furthermore, a responsible, knowledgeable, disciplined heroin user with a steady supply of both heroin and money would most likely fare much better in life than a crack addict.

(Of course this is hypothetical and entirely based on the individual but I think its a reasonable generalization to make.)

Crack has the advantage of not causing significant physical withdrawal symptoms and avoids the dangers of IV use, but it usually causes more psychological and financial problems.

In my experience it also causes people to engage in behaviors they would’ve never thought possible a lot sooner than heroin does. I’ve met many people who went from upstanding citizen to armed robber or somewhat prudent fine-young-lady to street prostitute rather quickly because of crack. These things can and do happen with heroin but it usually takes a lot longer in my experience.

just saying..

I think I may agree with you, the only (ex-)friend and person anyway I know who uses crack (very rare here) went through very quick deterioration...
First it was speed on the weekends, then speed always, then speed and shrooms together, then smoking amph base, then finally smoking crack and sometimes shrooms at the same time... He's really almost mentally gone and he's only 24.

What's the deal with ex heroin addicts loving ketamine?

Somehow ketamine works on opioid receptors, and NMDA receptors, K it's used alot lately to help withdrawal off heroin I hear

Well I fell in love with heroin aged 17, my first time I got injected by my brother, I didn't know it could be smoked on foil, he said it can only be injected, up till then I'd only had uppers and hash/weed, I loved it, and there my love of downers began

I'm 18 years clean of heroin and now I love ketamine, even though half my K holes was bad at the start of my love affair with K, something kept pulling me back to her,

I love her, I love the sting up my nose, the drip, the dissociation, I love the K holes if I'm lucky to achieve them after long breaks

But I don't walk the red light district to make money to buy K like I did heroin

K didn't make me homeless, shooting up in toilets using toilet cistern water to fill up my syringe to cook up my gear

If I've not got money for K I crave it, but not enough to sell everything I own and myself,

My lowest point was injecting what I knew wasn't heroin and most likely brick dust, just incase heroin was in it as I was in bad withdrawl

I've heard of ex K heads ending up on heroin too, so there's a link?

My most recent batch of K I bought was in fact an RC and I feel as ripped off as when I've bought soot/coal that was meant to be heroin, I bought citric acid sold to me as heroin too

But I can safely say in my 4 years heroin addiction I got ripped off less than I have during my years of using ketamine

I must add anyone who loves ketamine DO NOT try heroin as you'll love it too much

And these days alot has fentanyl in, that's enough to make me not relapse into it

somewhat prudent fine-young-lady to street prostitute rather quickly because of crack. These things can and do happen with heroin but it usually takes a lot longer in my experience.

17 year old heroin addict girl, walking the streets for a punter for a heroin fix, legit I was an addict just a few months till I had to do this for money I'd sold everything I owned

Very sorry to hear that and happy you're no longer using. Yes, I have met many younger women who got hooked on heroin and decided to "do tricks" as means to support their habit. I'm not sure which addiction is more likely to lead to prostitution but I do know a few heroin addicts who only resort to prostitution when they're also smoking crack. I think part of it is because crack makes some people, particularly women, very horny.

Anyway, both drugs can suck the life out of you if you let them, however, neither drug forces a person to commit crimes or engage in 'sex-for-pay'. I have been addicted to both drugs at different points in my life and never resorted to theft or prostitution. When I would get sick I either entered detox or just dealt with the pain. Withdrawal wont kill you and you don't have to make things worse by engaging in behaviors that cause additional negative consequences.

I just had to have it, I didn't let myself withdraw for long, hence selling myself, I'd not long lost my virginity to someone who forced me into sex, I said stop it hurts, I cried he wouldn't stop, he gave me an STD that turned into pre cancerous cells in my cervix had to have surgery, I didn't feel sex was anything special and could sell it for money to buy drugs, supporting my ex's habit too

Harsh times but I felt like I belonged to a little group of like minded fuck ups, other users, other prostitutes, even everyone eating at a soup kitchen felt like I belonged

Anyone who has an addictive personality should stay away from heroin

Now K has grabbed me but nothing like heroin did, no where near but enough for my 17 year old son to give me a talking too today lol

I only been doing K few times a month, given I was injecting heroin a few times a day its not much, but he's worried so I need to sort it out to one a month dam it lol

Is it really that addictive?

I don't think i'll get addicted.
I can control my use with drugs.

Famous last words before you have a needle in your arm as what little amount you managed to score isn't enough for any other ROA

when you're banging, other ROA's are not even an option haha.

I had my first heroin injected, wasn't told I could smoke it, but then met a bloke who only smoked it off foil, so I had to aswell but before long we broke up for a little while so I went back to hitting up, and when we met up again not long after and got back together he had also started hitting up by then too lol