• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

My story here https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/help-and-advice-getting-off-heroin-in-the-uk.880794/

So 15 days off 70-100mg sniffed daily.
Went through WD and had great support from fellow travellers on here

It was tough. Low dose yet really hard even with a sniffed 8 month habit.

As with other started with fluffy oxy the for money reasons moved to H.

DON'T!

It takes over your life even if sourcing is no issue

It gives a sweet comforting high that eliminates real joy and real sadness

It fucks your sex life. My gf has totally noticed the difference since quitting on 2nd Jan

It affects work quality

It makes you become closed and secretive with loved ones

You lose the trust of people when they find out. It's now a work in progress to build up trust with my gf. We're getting through it though

And I have done most drugs and still will do many. Charlie, shrooms, Mdma, speed, cannabis, benzos, lsd, dxm, benzo fury and the rest of UK research chems and many more) yet have never felt stuck and trapped, scared and ashamed of getting hooked on H for 8 months. I am still hooked on alcohol though that's standard in the UK for most of us :)

I won't touch another opioid.

So if you're thinking of dipping you nose, veins or lungs into a horse bag.

DON'T

7 and a half years doing this shit and i can't do this any longer, i've been shooting 100mg pure morphine for 3 days straight and i didn't even get high at such high doses.At first it's fun and shit but give it a time and you will start doing stuff you'd never imagined you would do like stealing loved ones, lying, deceiving, cheating, scamming,etc. It's not like you have an option though, you're sick as fuck and you need relief from that pain, you're gonna do whatever it takes to get that next fix. the answer is fuck no unless you're willing to sacrifice your integrity for the next high. are you?

7 and a half years doing this shit and i can't do this any longer, i've been shooting 100mg pure morphine for 3 days straight and i didn't even get high at such high doses.At first it's fun and shit but give it a time and you will start doing stuff you'd never imagined you would do like stealing loved ones, lying, deceiving, cheating, scamming,etc. It's not like you have an option though, you're sick as fuck and you need relief from that pain, you're gonna do whatever it takes to get that next fix. the answer is fuck no unless you're willing to sacrifice your integrity for the next high. are you?
Is 100mg of morphine considered a high dose? I usually shoot .2g-.3g of heroin (not sure of the purity). I don't think .1g would even get me off. Been regularly IVing for six years.

Is 100mg of morphine considered a high dose? I usually shoot .2g-.3g of heroin (not sure of the purity). I don't think .1g would even get me off. Been regularly IVing for six years.

It's all relative, how big the dose is depends on your tolerance. And even mild opioid tolerances can cause pretty unpleasant withdrawal.

The part that makes me uncertain is comparing pure morphine to street heroin. I've used god knows how much IV heroin, but no pure IV morphine.

If it were 100mg of the heroin I used to regularly use, I would consider that a fairly small dose. For myself anyway. Though even that much can be a LOT for someone without a tolerance.

So I guess I'm not entirely sure either. But my feeling is that no, it's probably not an especially large dose all things considered.

But ultimately it's all relative.

Is 100mg of morphine considered a high dose?

I was informed that my 8 month habit of 80-100mg sniffed daily was nothing.
Still coming of that was tough and still is, 17 days later, effecting my mind (PAWS?) and I am fatigued daily by mid afternoon. Though sometimes not.

You can't compare street junk to pharmaceutical stuff, hell even if 50% of your street heroin is raw that would be fire shit. And regarding the actual withdrawals, even wding from 40 mg a day for a few months habit is a pain in the ass. Getting the monkey of our backs is tough shit.

Mr. Scag is wrote that perfectly.

Heroin has led to: years of homelessness.

Sexual assault and mild sex work.

Being found dead in an alley.

Being fired from any place foolish enough to buy by BS.

Dropping out of college.

More trips to jail than I can count.

Obviously it has been the tool of my destruction and I still want more, near constant cravings.

Super chic.

in short, no. Absolutely not. I asked this very question myself over 10 years ago and I must admit that I regret having that leap with that sucstance in particular- tho already having a great deal of experience* (severe *addiction/complete *physcl/psyco dependence) -experienced with other pharmaceuticalr opioids of equal or greater potency for about 2&1/2 years prior to ever seeking that substance. I would like to ask that anyone reading into this question- the responses & dialogue regarding heroin, to understand that to there is no "trying it" unless you're already angle deep in woahful waters and should step away as casually quick possible. I think rewording this question would be best, so as to not have 125+ pages of well thought out answers which basically get at the same thing except that there's other neat things they've done with the substance due only to the fact they have used it and likely understand the harsh consequences of abuse, which is very painful physically, emotionally and mentally and in the best case end by getting help moral support. I digress, Do not try heroin with any of the Routes o'Administration.
ps: I have no idea how old this thread is, also, I searched for heroin cigarettes and the search bar provided this instead likely being the closest match idk ima fookin noob herelol

Mr. Scag is wrote that perfectly.

Heroin has led to: years of homelessness.

Sexual assault and mild sex work.

Being found dead in an alley.

Being fired from any place foolish enough to buy by BS.

Dropping out of college.

More trips to jail than I can count.

Obviously it has been the tool of my destruction and I still want more, near constant cravings.

Super chic.
What about the peace, beauty and adventure? Heroin isn't all bad news!

in short, no. Absolutely not. I asked this very question myself over 10 years ago and I must admit that I regret having that leap with that sucstance in particular- tho already having a great deal of experience* (severe *addiction/complete *physcl/psyco dependence) -experienced with other pharmaceuticalr opioids of equal or greater potency for about 2&1/2 years prior to ever seeking that substance. I would like to ask that anyone reading into this question- the responses & dialogue regarding heroin, to understand that to there is no "trying it" unless you're already angle deep in woahful waters and should step away as casually quick possible. I think rewording this question would be best, so as to not have 125+ pages of well thought out answers which basically get at the same thing except that there's other neat things they've done with the substance due only to the fact they have used it and likely understand the harsh consequences of abuse, which is very painful physically, emotionally and mentally and in the best case end by getting help moral support. I digress, Do not try heroin with any of the Routes o'Administration.
ps: I have no idea how old this thread is, also, I searched for heroin cigarettes and the search bar provided this instead likely being the closest match idk ima fookin noob herelol
Ever notice how on television it seems the only news is bad news? Well, this thread is kind of like that and like the news on television it gives a twisted view of the world. I hope one day heroin will be decriminalized and even legalized in my country. So much of the negative narrative around heroin has to do with the fact that it's illegal and consequently users can go to jail for possession and they also resort to crime to pay for the artificially high cost of dope. Sigh!

Ever notice how on television it seems the only news is bad news? Well, this thread is kind of like that and like the news on television it gives a twisted view of the world. I hope one day heroin will be decriminalized and even legalized in my country. So much of the negative narrative around heroin has to do with the fact that it's illegal and consequently users can go to jail for possession and they also resort to crime to pay for the artificially high cost of dope. Sigh!

Well, yeah. There's probably a lot of truth to that. But sadly we don't live in that world yet.

It's still worth telling people of the dangers that come from using heroin that stem from it being illegal and socially unacceptable. Because for now at least, those dangers are still real.

I just wanted to add my thoughts to this. I started doing heroin finding myself recovering from serious injury losing my job and having nothing much to do but recover. I found out you could snort it. I got access to the dark web and dream market. I read everything on here. Did it anyway. Started snorting.wanted to tick the drugs off my list. Having done different drugs for years this sounded plausible. Big mistake.

Somone showed me how to Iv after a while, I discovered the speedball, that was it I've spent literally thousands on the stuff and it's taken me 2 years to manage to stop using 3 timez for a week. With the help of methadone or suboxone. I just couldn't stop. I've had abscesses. Hidden it from my family. I'm about 5 days since i last shot up. As much as I love the ritual and the feeling I need to sort my life out. But this is so hard. I would get help but in uk if u admit addicition you lose your drivers licence. I may yet have to, but I am trying to quit again.

2 years it's taken me to manage to stop using every day. I know I will crave that speedball again but for now one day at a time. I could lose every thing because I can't stop using. My savings have gone I am in debt now. Just thought I needed to add this to the thread

Oh and I nearly killed a good friend of mine whenn she ODd. Its seriously easy to kill someone too.

Yes I'm for legalisation and a proper harm reduction approach to all the things...

But after using for almost a year, enjoying the cushion high and carefree numbness, then coming off recently.,realising that I had lost touch with the real highs and lows of existence, I now feel depence on opiates is different to all other stuff I've been into. My opinion obv.

Good basic educational video to watch before you try heroin.

Would be better if it were read by a human. ;)

I haven't watched the whole thing but it also seems quite specific to North American heroin culture.

Man the description of nodding made me feel nostalgic though. Been a long time since I had a nod strong enough for me to do shit like answer someone's question only to find they didn't ask anything and I'd just dreamed it. Good times.

No never
Devil in disguise
Ruins your life and everyone around you
Stay well away
It’s never that bad

I remember seeing this discussion about 4 years ago and I thought to myself that I would try H just to see how bad it is because everyone kept saying it's the worst thing you could ever do. I thought to myself obviously it would not happen to me.

I did try it about a year ago and I was surprised to see it really wasn't as bad everyone was portraying it out to be. I'm not really here to advocate to use H I know it can be really addictive but that just wasn't my case to be honest.
I did use it for some time as an antidepressant (insufflating 25-30mg a day) because I could not use Zoloft due to bad side effects and it helped me so much. I know it sounds really bad but that's just the reality of it, I'm not making anything up. When I was taking H I felt free of my depression, motivated and even creative, I did things I could never finish in years. When I decided to stop, I felt mild withdrawal but that was probably only because I used very low dose and I was strictly controlling my dose and I never got to the point of nodding, also I tapered off and used Kratom for withdrawal. It's one of the most powerful antidepressants in this world, I believe it can be used in treating depression, maybe not H specifically but some kind of opioid combination, like the one I read here about - https://www.bbrfoundation.org/conte...ay-provide-new-way-treat-resistant-depression

Obviously, with such a powerful substance things can spiral out of control soon, so that's why I decided to stop for a while. I mean, I don't really feel like I'm addicted I don't know.
What I'm saying is don't only blame the substance. It can be used responsibly as well. Yes, I know it's been said that it can't but I feel like that's not right. Just wanted to let you know my side of the story. Still if someone asks me if they should try it I would probably still say no. But it comes down to you whether you can handle it or not. You have to be really strict with yourself if you are going to use H.

I did try it about a year ago and I was surprised to see it really wasn't as bad everyone was portraying it out to be. I'm not really here to advocate to use H I know it can be really addictive but that just wasn't my case to be honest.
I know, right? Heroin is so over-hyped as totally negative and dangerous. People often forget that it was created and used for many years as a completely legal medication.

I know, right? Heroin is so over-hyped as totally negative and dangerous. People often forget that it was created and used for many years as a completely legal medication.

Heroins danger is overhyped I agree. But it is also very easy to underestimate the risks too.

As a drug, relative to other drugs and assuming you don't take an excessive dosage (which is harmful in almost anything), it is relatively safe and certainly safer than many other substances used for medical reasons legitimately.

But looking at heroin in that idealized scenario doesn't tell the whole story or describe all the risks. You almost certainly don't have the ability to be certain of the dose you're using, and it being illegal, it being expensive, and it being addictive all create all sorts of other hazards.

Some people can try it and have nothing bad happen and live their lives unchanged by the experience. This is certainly true. But assuming that will be true of you is just playing with fire.