• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I just fucking love opiates btw did anyone know for you smokers out their that if you exhale through your tooter you will collect twice as much resin pretty cool

is it just me or are the heroin threads always the most interesting addictive aha

But if anyone is reading this whole thread and still saying to themselves 'I can do it, it won't be me, I'm not like that', well, the fact that you're justifying it to yourself still, in the face of everything here, is a pretty good indicator that you ALREADY can't say no to it, and you should know where that leads. Some people gotta make their own choices though, I get it, nothing dissuaded me, maybe nothing will dissuade you. Roll the dice, you'll understand soon enough.
"Life is bigger
It's bigger than you
And you are not me..."
-Losing My Religion
REM

As I sit in a parking lot 1.5 hours from house waiting to spend 245$ on H and sadly will be returning in 2 days - I would have to say absolutely not. being an addict is horrible and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Using is the only highlight of my day and I used to just fucking love life. You don’t get excited about anything ... not your favorite tv show coming back on , not your anniversary not anything. And to make it worse you start to lose people ... friends die boyfriends die. Then when you finally have had enough you have to take a 6 month break from your life for rehab because I promise nothing else will work
If I could time travel and never touch it I would 🎀
-just an angry junkie

I’ll play devils advocate here.
Cos the shit is AMAZING.

But you wanna make sure you have INCREDIBLE self control before you do, because it’s heaven in a baggie and I’m probably one of the extremely rare ones who knew after that first hit, if I went again I’d be fucked in a month.

I have no regrets, it’s a once in a lifetime experience.

When my life is almost over (I have lung disease so at least I have a timeline for this lol) that shits how I’m planning on going out.

Last edited:
Cos the shit is AMAZING.

But you wanna make sure you have INCREDIBLE self control before you do, because it’s heaven in a baggie and I’m probably one of the extremely rare ones who knew after that first hit, if I went again I’d be fucked in a month.

When my life is almost over (I have lung disease so at least I have a timeline for this lol) that shits how I’m planning on going out.
when i tried it once because my pain meds i used it constantly all day every day from that point, and it was 6 montus ago i used to say i would never touch h if i cant get my script filled how naive i was(and still probably am)

Cos the shit is AMAZING.

i should add, when i tried it i was aready addictsd to heavy doses of codeine, dhc, tramadol, opium and anything i could get daily for 5+ years before i tried h so i think i lasted quite well.

i should add, when i tried it i was aready addictsd to heavy doses of codeine, dhc, tramadol, opium and anything i could get daily for 5+ years before i tried h so i think i lasted quite well.

Yeah I hear ya man.
It was 2 years ago I tried real heroin, I already had issues with codeine misuse that point.
That was IV, and is the one thing I won’t do again until my quality of life is already diminished to zero.
I still use opiates but I won’t put them in a needle now, it’s just my line.

I still scam my doc into codeine and abuse that to the point he will allow (he’s liberal but not stupid lol) but interestingly I don’t find morphine or endone any good, they don’t provide any buzz at all. Any chance you’d know why?
The morph I had was 60mg.
I’m not sure about the endone

I got even more heroin on credit had most of it, can barely see i have to squint my eye and close the other just to focus im not gonna tyoe anymore because i have used auto correct a hundred times in the last ten min just it just aint working im not posting anything else until i sober up:D

I got even more heroin on credit had most of it, can barely see i have to squint my eye and close the other just to focus im not gonna tyoe anymore because i have used auto correct a hundred times in the last ten min just it just aint working im not posting anything else until i sober up:D

Me after 3 days awake on meth 😂😂😂

i was a chipper for like... 5 years? smoking once a a month then once a week, used to shoot it for a couple of years and then back to smoking, unfortunately i've been developing a bit of an habit lately. yeah I wish I wouldn't have touched it in the first place hah

I just fucking love opiates btw did anyone know for you smokers out their that if you exhale through your tooter you will collect twice as much resin pretty cool
damn, i'm gonna try that later, thanks for the tip

Last edited:
Should I Try Heroin? MegaThread

overcoming_heroin_addiction_helping_others.jpg

With the recent abundance of “Should I try heroin?” or “Is trying H a good idea?” threads, we have decided it would be worth it to create a megathread discussing the topic, where all posts relating to such debate can be compiled.

If you have this question, or any question specifically about your first time trying H that falls under the category of “Should a non-heroin user suddenly decide to try H for the first time?” please post here.

For basic info about heroin itself, please refer to the Heroin Megathread. For info on IV and technique/complications, refer to the IV Megathread.

So, to start off, the basic number one question on your minds if you’re looking at this thread and debating this choice is,

Should I try heroin for the first time?

Obviously, the short and to the point answer would be… NO FUCKING WAY. Of course, we were all young/inexperienced once before we first tried heroin, so we know things are often a lot more complicated then “just say no”.

Some internal questions to ask yourself first:

- Why do you want to try heroin to begin with?

Many people, especially young people, have this glamorous and romantic image of heroin in their head. They see the idea of being a “junky” as this very chic and glorified notion. Maybe your favorite musicians all did heroin, maybe your favorite movies are about heroin, etc.

Using dope is far from glamorous. The reality of heroin addiction is brutal, grotesque, and filthy.

- What do you seek to gain from trying heroin?

Really, what is it you think this drug is going to add to your life? Or are you just bored and want to check it off your list? Here’s where being really honest with yourself is a must. After reading this whole thread, and many of the other heroin related threads on BL, you should have a pretty clear idea of just how ravaged ones life can become from heroin. What positives do you see coming from making this choice?

heroin_stamps.jpg

Justifications to try heroin:

1. I’m only going to try it once.

Famous last words. When evaluating this decision, remember that basically EVERY heroin addict in the world said this at one point in the beginning. Nobody is born with the goal of becoming a raging dope fiend. It is a progressive path and it does not happen over night.

Heroin is one of the most additive drugs, and has ruined so many lives for a reason. The honest chances of you only trying this drug once are incredibly slim to almost non-existent.

2. I will be able to control my use. I won’t get addicted.

Again, this is also something we have all said before. Believe it or not, even long-term heroin addicts sometimes use this justification to relapse. For the beginning user, you may think that because you’ve tried other drugs here and there and didn’t become wrapped up in them, that you’ll be able to control your heroin use as well. This is an incredibly dangerous notion. It is not about will power. Heroin is an incredibly powerful drug with a high so intense, that it makes you want to continue using it, even though it is destroying everything in your life.

Those of us who have been using for a very long time have come across thousands of addicts in our time. Do you want to know how many we have met that were ever able to control their use or “chip” for any real period of time? Practically none. Sure you may be able to hold it together for a few months or even a few years, but almost everybody slips up, and before you know it, you are in way too deep.

3. If I do get addicted, I’ll just stop. How hard can it be?

Stopping heroin is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do in your life. Not only is the psychological aspect incredibly intense and all consuming, but also once you develop a physical dependency, you will have withdrawals, and that is something you cannot be prepared for.

Coming off heroin is an incredibly painful and brutal experience, one that only gets worse the more times you do it. You will not be able to just shake it off. This is why the majority of people who become dependent on heroin, end up having a life long battle.

4. I don’t have regular access to it, so I can’t do it everyday, even if I wanted to.

This is a very common justification. Many beginning users considering trying heroin have come across it out of the blue or have to travel very far to get it. They think that this will force them into being casual users or never trying it again.

The truth is that after getting a taste for heroin, you will slowly start to work on getting more opportunities. Many users end up driving hours and hours from home just to score dope. Believe this, you WILL find a way to do it again, even if it is very sporadic at first, eventually you will get a source for it, and all bets will be off.

20110511-195100-g.jpg

Common first-timer questions:

- How long can I use for without getting withdrawals?

This varies from person to person. However, for the majority of people, in the beginning, it takes a good few weeks-months of using everyday before a physical dependency is developed. For some people it happens much sooner, others later.

The danger is you never know when that extra day of using is going to be too much. The more you use heroin, the more your body gets used to it. The fact of the matter is, if you use heroin everyday, or with any real regularity greater than once or twice a week, you will eventually become dependent.

Also, after you pick up your first habit, you become dependent again much faster in the future. It will eventually get to the point where even using 2 days in a row, is enough to create withdrawals.

- How fast does an overdose happen?

There is a common misconception that OD’s, especially from IV heroin, happen instantly. While this is true in a lot of instances, overdoses can happen at any point even up to an hour after using (and if one is redosing throughout a short period of time, can happen even after an hour or more).

- Do you get addicted after one use?

While you do not develop a physical dependency after one use (it takes many days in the beginning of using in a row for this to happen) a psychological addiction can start to develop very early. It is a myth that a person becomes addicted in any way after one use, but it is true that’s all it takes sometimes to start you down a path of future addiction.

***For some stories on how heroin (and other drugs) have impacted peoples lives, check out the Personal Accounts of Addiction thread. There are some very real and raw entries there on the reality of how heroin can destroy your life.

***Also check out the Case Studies thread, and realize how easily this all ends up happening.

Note: This thread was meant as a very basic guide. Obviously there is much more to say and talk about, so if you have any specific questions relating to the topic, feel free to make a post here.

Good luck, all.
Whatever you do dont try it. I was hooked for 4 years. I was the walking dead, my only wish was to die. My life is so much better without that shit. You never only did it once.

In all seriousness what's it like? I've just ordered a gram and I reckon i'll be able to keep a handle on it. I don't believe I will get addicted.

In all seriousness what's it like? I've just ordered a gram and I reckon i'll be able to keep a handle on it. I don't believe I will get addicted.

A great many have over estimated their will power. I hope to God you're right, because many have said what you said and found themselves mistaken before, and the consequences can destroy everything good in your life.

Much as I would plead and beg with you not to go down this road, I will not lie to you to dissuade you.

Some people just don't seem to "get" opioids so to speak. They take them, don't like it, or do but don't like it that much, and have no problem saying no to them in future. Most of us, even those of us with addictions, have at least some class of substance we can say we don't "get".

But, if you are the kind of person who's vulnerable to opioid addiction, as I am. I would say it's an amazing feeling.

More specifically. Imagine it's a rainy, cool, saturday morning. You just woke up, you're in your bed. It's cold out, but you're shielded from the cold by your blanket. Still warm from the night before.

You don't feel like getting up, so you stay in bed, you feel warm and safe and calm. Without any anxiety or worry. Just drifting in and out of sleep.

That in my experience, is the closest experience to heroin there is that doesn't involve drugs. It's like that, only more.

I love heroin. I can't deny that. In spite of how much damage its done to my life. I love it. But the withdrawal is hell, it has an amazing ability to corrupt you. To get you to compromise your values and start to hurt yourself and those around you. To get you to keep taking one small step after the other pushing the line you think you won't cross ever further back.

There are good times, even great times. But the bad times are worse than you could ever have predicted. Not just in terms of the hellish withdrawal, but the grip it has on your soul. How in exchange for those good times, it makes you it's slave. A danger to yourself and everyone around you.

That, from my personal experience, is what heroin is like.

In all seriousness, I've tried to take IV smack 3 times to see what is was about and each time just puked for 5 hours. What's that all about? Am I special? Or is it just a stage you have to go through?

Only asking hypothetically as no interest in downers.

A great many have over estimated their will power. I hope to God you're right, because many have said what you said and found themselves mistaken before, and the consequences can destroy everything good in your life.

Much as I would plead and beg with you not to go down this road, I will not lie to you to dissuade you.

Some people just don't seem to "get" opioids so to speak. They take them, don't like it, or do but don't like it that much, and have no problem saying no to them in future. Most of us, even those of us with addictions, have at least some class of substance we can say we don't "get".

But, if you are the kind of person who's vulnerable to opioid addiction, as I am. I would say it's an amazing feeling.

More specifically. Imagine it's a rainy, cool, saturday morning. You just woke up, you're in your bed. It's cold out, but you're shielded from the cold by your blanket. Still warm from the night before.

You don't feel like getting up, so you stay in bed, you feel warm and safe and calm. Without any anxiety or worry. Just drifting in and out of sleep.

That in my experience, is the closest experience to heroin there is that doesn't involve drugs. It's like that, only more.

I love heroin. I can't deny that. In spite of how much damage its done to my life. I love it. But the withdrawal is hell, it has an amazing ability to corrupt you. To get you to compromise your values and start to hurt yourself and those around you. To get you to keep taking one small step after the other pushing the line you think you won't cross ever further back.

There are good times, even great times. But the bad times are worse than you could ever have predicted. Not just in terms of the hellish withdrawal, but the grip it has on your soul. How in exchange for those good times, it makes you it's slave. A danger to yourself and everyone around you.

That, from my personal experience, is what heroin is like.
Well as far as Opiates go, I've only had Oxy and I LOVED it. I bought the scripts off an ex mate, then couldn't find any for a while til I met someone who sold me some but he wasn't able to get any more. I did get the warm fuzzy feeling, all I did was lay in bed throughout the experience.

So is it anything like oxy? stronger I bet.