• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Never ever try heroin, it has royally fucked my life up. Trust me it is not worth the risk . Better yet, never try fucking opioids. Opioids are an IRL succubus.

Don't listen to people that say heroin is amazing and heroin is a god, because they are lying.

You have to be an idiot to want to try it.

Even more so if you tried it and didn't feel anything or like it, yet tried again. It's basically throwing you life away after being given a second chance to never experience it.

EDIT: Have not and have no intention of trying it

Last edited:
OK so I wanna start off by apologizing for being the the dick of the group but...

I'm glad I tried heroin

I didn't get addicted, and it was a fun night, aside from the dope sickness.

Now that being said I have always been really good and handling my drugs and watched friends who went so good at at go down dark paths, and not even heroin. So just for the record this is not a "hey heroin is bomb! Do it, do it now!" Post. But the fact is that the objective awmser to the OP is it very completely based on the person and the situation.

OK so I wanna start off by apologizing for being the the dick of the group but...

I'm glad I tried heroin

I didn't get addicted, and it was a fun night, aside from the dope sickness.

Now that being said I have always been really good and handling my drugs and watched friends who went so good at at go down dark paths, and not even heroin. So just for the record this is not a "hey heroin is bomb! Do it, do it now!" Post. But the fact is that the objective awmser to the OP is it very completely based on the person and the situation.

Thank you for your post which gave some insight into the 'other side' of the argument. I just want to point out that a lot of people that tried heroin were also really good at handling their drugs, but I feel like on a long enough timeline most people end up addicted. That's not to say that everyone (or you for that matter) will get addicted after using it as there are people out there that tried it and stopped after that. Addiction doesn't happen over night though, so I urge most people not to claim defeat over a substance until they have a really long time away from it.

Haha you just made me have a fight club flashback, and it actually seems appropriate, "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." And I must agree that any type of even realitivly closely repeated use would likely lead to addiction. It is a powerful drug no doubt about it.

Haha you just made me have a fight club flashback, and it actually seems appropriate, "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." And I must agree that any type of even realitivly closely repeated use would likely lead to addiction. It is a powerful drug no doubt about it.

Yeah that's not a bad point. That quote definitely bares relevance to this debate. Basically, if you use long enough, eventually the chances of you actually being able to exert control and not fuck up your life, drops to zero.

Good 2nd post, Pogo.

That Fight Club quote was actually the inspiration for my post.

Me personally I have tried heroin twice, both times IV. At first it was readily available to me but I never went back there. The second time I tried it was a year and half later and again I never went back to it. The second(and last time I used) was this time last year.

I know this is the heroin thread, but I feel the need to add this. I've been a meth user for the past two years now. I always read all over these forums " you can't use meth(or hard drugs in general via IV) recreational, it becomes weekly, then Daily" etc etc. over the past two years I've kept my meth use to once every 4-5 months I can say happily.

I think some people are just wired in way where they can deal very well with these types of substances. Although in saying this, I've never been able to stop smoking weed for more then 6 months and I was 13 when I first tryed it. I first tryed heroin and meth at age 19. I'm now 22.

When a Mod. on BL. is pitching for heroin, I'm second guessing HR. Everyone I know who used it, myself included, has nothing good to say about it.

^ I clearly stated that I am not pitching for heroin, I don't know why every time I state the fact that not everyone who uses heroin becomes addicted, in fact not even a majority do, people take that as me somehow pitching for heroin. Heroin is a seriously addictive drug and its use carries serious dangers, these facts alone are enough reason why the risks associated with heroin use do not need to be overstated, and to my mind this thread does overstate those risks, so I am voicing my concern and opposing viewpoint, as I am entitled to do.

I did say I was glad I tried heroin, I said that because Tommyboy said on the previous page he is yet to meet anybody to have said that, I didn't say it to be controversial or to get some reaction, I said it because it is the truth and I wanted to add a more balanced perspective to this thread. Should I censor my personal experience with a drug because it isn't negative? To me doing so would not be in the interest of harm reduction, everyone should be entitled to unbiased facts when they are weighing a decision to take a drug or not, it is not like I neglected to mention that heroin has dangers and is addictive.

I would wholeheartedly agree that trying heroin is a bad idea, there is probably no benefit associated with the drug that is worth the potential harms the drug can cause, although that is arguably the case with a number of other drugs that don't get their own stickied thread on OD on why not to take them...

Whether using heroin is a good or a bad idea, I truly feel is a topic that is outside the scope of this forum, which exists in acknowledgement that people will use dangerous drugs, regardless of the risks, and the best approach to reducing harm is to provide those people with real information on how to use in the safest manner possible, not to preach abstinence to them. If it was deemed to be absolutely necessary to include this abstinence based advice then I would at least ask that the claims being made are based on real evidence and not exaggerated on the basis that those exaggerations fit with the anecdotal experience of a select number of people and are being made in complete ignorance of evidence to the contrary, as is the current situation.

I really wish people would actually rebut what I have to say with some real evidence, or at least address any of the number of points I have made in a way more meaningful than essentially saying, "heroin is bad, everybody knows that, discouraging it, regardless of whether the claims being made are even based on science or facts, is a good thing", or "my experience as one heroin user is enough to definitively say a majority who use it become addicted", to my mind neither of those ideas are very intelligent.

I feel like I am repeating myself in this thread and so my contribution might stop here, I didn't come in here to insult anybody but I have some concerns that I felt needed a voice in this thread. I would love it if a more constructive conversation on this issue could take place, but at this stage it seems like people would rather either ignore me, or argue against me with nothing but personal experience on their side. The thing about your personal experience is that other peoples can differ, and the only statistics I can find seem to suggest that a majority of people do not get addicted to heroin after they try it.

Last edited:
the worst thing heroin can do to any person no matter how much they have it "under control", is kill your ambitions of a better life. You might be able to get by with a dope habit, but you aint doing much else.

Every one says...i said I'll try it to see what it's like, but as I've tried everything else and not got hung up, heroin won't hang me up either. I'm stronger than that ;)
I was very wrong...and it's an expensive lesson to learn.
Would I try it for a first time again?
Probably, no, TBH, certainly, yes. And the price would be the same...my freedom...

I was an ocassional user for "years" too. Eventually I landed in the gutter sucking dick for my smack... J/K

but seriously, I'm on my second round of suboxone maintenence, staying clean from heroin is THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE

I just want to chime in here and say that when we say "HARM REDUCTION" we acknowledge that every time we pick up a drug we harm ourselves...even "harmless" drugs like weed or so forth, you still harm yourself, it's just a matter of whether the harm is slight or significant. Every drug we use, and this includes prescription drugs that we take for perfectly valid reasons, is hard on the liver, for one thing. And I don't have much info about brain cells dying as a result of drug use and I am too rushed to look it up right now but I KNOW that you become dumber with every drug you use, both in the short term (how many stupid things have I done as a result of being messed up?!) and in the long term (I have memory problems now resulting from a very long career of using nearly every drug that exists, to the point where my husband often thinks I do things and then forget about them as a matter of course.) Harm reduction is REDUCING drug use, and, yes, where that is not possible, teaching people how to use safely. I see no problems with a thread warning people to stay away from heroin. Every sane person knows that the healthiest possible thing is not to use drugs; and perhaps this thread will AT LEAST help some people, who may already be drug users, decide to choose different drugs to experiment with, ones that are less addictive.

thank you for starting this thread. i don't have a personal story of heroin addiction, but i've battled a pill dependence that turned into an addiction for years. bluelight was a site i found one day while looking up drug interactions, but it is the number one reason i have never tried heroin. i'm sure it'd be cheaper (at first) but not only am i terrified of needles (closer to a phobia, probably), i have been 100% convinced by the stories of bl heroin users that it is not something i want to even dabble in.

**note: please don't read this as though i think i'm better than anyone else because i pick up pills instead of a needle. addiction is addiction, plain & simple.
I am so incredibly thankful for this thread. I am in constant pain because of a serious back condition, and although I'm prescribed the lowest dosage of oxycodone four times a day, it takes at least double that to truly remove any pain for an extended period. And I have no sources for endone locally, so h started creeping into my mind. I want to thank all who have contributed their stories and advice here, and much like abs (above), I mean no offence by saying this in front of people who have walked down the road. More so, I am simply thankful for the thread being started, and people providing advice so freely. I am beyond appreciative. Thank you.