⭐️ Social ⭐️ ⫸PED Social v. Meathead's Tea-Break⫷

Good to hear you're still training.

Still in a lockdown here in the UK but the end is neigh as our PM announced we can ease restrictions from the 8th March, gyms open again on the 12th April and hopefully (fingers crossed) back to relative normality on the 21st June.

Saying that, managed to catch COVID 4 weeks ago, so getting back into training has been tough. Running just seems to take it outta me.

Hope everyone else is doing well?
Oof sorry to hear about the covid, that is a big fear of mine.

gyms have been open here (hence how I’m able to swim). But yeah running and been scant. Like i said we’ve had ice and snow the last month. Trails are ok but sidewalks are damn near impossible to run on. Unfortunately that means 40 min drive to get to any single track. The joys of big city living...

Oof sorry to hear about the covid, that is a big fear of mine.

gyms have been open here (hence how I’m able to swim). But yeah running and been scant. Like i said we’ve had ice and snow the last month. Trails are ok but sidewalks are damn near impossible to run on. Unfortunately that means 40 min drive to get to any single track. The joys of big city living...
I think me and the Mrs were really lucky with how we reacted to it. Just felt like a massive hangover with loss of taste and breathlessness. Smell and taste is taking a while to come back. But have heard of some horror stories about some cases.

I've seen on the news that you guys have been hit hard with cold weather. Offt 40 mins, it'd be quicker to take up cross-country skiing to get there no?

XC skiing would be excellent cross training lol. Those guys are cardio beasts

I know one person who was a 4:30 miler. Now they can barely run a 5k.... freaky stuff

XC skiing would be excellent cross training lol. Those guys are cardio beasts

I know one person who was a 4:30 miler. Now they can barely run a 5k.... freaky stuff
That's ridiculous!

To be fair, I would love to learn and try it. Always wanted to give the biathlon a go. Can't quite comprehend how those athletes can smash out a cross-country ski and shoot with such precision whilst blowing out their a*s. Madness.

That's ridiculous!

To be fair, I would love to learn and try it. Always wanted to give the biathlon a go. Can't quite comprehend how those athletes can smash out a cross-country ski and shoot with such precision whilst blowing out their a*s. Madness.
Ultimate heart rate control. To be doing doing high intensity work (at least in competitions) for that long and then be able to slow your breathing/HR down enough to shoot accurately is batshit crazy. Lol and i thought I was good for staying at 130 BPM on tempo runs

Ultimate heart rate control. To be doing doing high intensity work (at least in competitions) for that long and then be able to slow your breathing/HR down enough to shoot accurately is batshit crazy. Lol and i thought I was good for staying at 130 BPM on tempo runs
Haha endurance athletes man, a different breed. I can only aspire to one day get my 5km time to 20 mins. Have a mate who runs middle distance, he posted a 5km in 14mins 39 secs. I retched just seeing that time. Madness.

Haha endurance athletes man, a different breed. I can only aspire to one day get my 5km time to 20 mins. Have a mate who runs middle distance, he posted a 5km in 14mins 39 secs. I retched just seeing that time. Madness.
That’s an incredible time, kudos to him

how did your research study turn out?

That’s an incredible time, kudos to him

how did your research study turn out?
It's been going pretty well thank you. Got 237 participants for time point 1, now at time point 3 for that study. Have a paper that's just passed review and waiting for it to be published on the impact of COVID on strength athletes who use anabolic steroids. I had advertised it on here back in March 2020, so I will post it up if anyone wishes to take a look :)

Currently putting together my second study of my PhD, got a little stalled by COVID but fingers crossed I can get it out soon :)

Besides the ice and weather restricting your training how's tricks?

It's been going pretty well thank you. Got 237 participants for time point 1, now at time point 3 for that study. Have a paper that's just passed review and waiting for it to be published on the impact of COVID on strength athletes who use anabolic steroids. I had advertised it on here back in March 2020, so I will post it up if anyone wishes to take a look :)

Currently putting together my second study of my PhD, got a little stalled by COVID but fingers crossed I can get it out soon :)

Besides the ice and weather restricting your training how's tricks?
Yeah I’d love to take a read through it :)

ive been pretty well actually. Been taking lots of math classes which I have thoroughly been enjoying. I adopted a rabbit a couple months back and he has been a real joy. So much personality lol

Yeah I’d love to take a read through it :)

ive been pretty well actually. Been taking lots of math classes which I have thoroughly been enjoying. I adopted a rabbit a couple months back and he has been a real joy. So much personality lol
Nice one, tried reading a paper on different methods of analysing intensive longitudinal data today and safe to say I did not understand on little bit :/ going to have to go through it again in the morning haha. That's awesome, what breed is it?

lol data analysis is not my particular cup of tea. I much prefer the more abstract stuff

The vet says he’s a holland lop. I didnt want to buy him from a breeder and support that whole industry so I just got him from a friend of a friend who was looking to rehome him - so I can’t know the breed with 100% certainty

lol data analysis is not my particular cup of tea. I much prefer the more abstract stuff

The vet says he’s a holland lop. I didnt want to buy him from a breeder and support that whole industry so I just got him from a friend of a friend who was looking to rehome him - so I can’t know the breed with 100% certainty
What kind of abstract maths we talking here?

Mate, he's adorable!! That's a really good idea. Think if it's possible more re-homing for animals if they're in homes or need a new one should be done more often. Some of the practices of animal breeders at the moment is abhorrent.

Lol keep in mind I’m still an undergrad. But rn I’m really enjoying my linear algebra class and I’m also in a “foundations” class about like logic, proof techniques, etc that’s really cool

Lol keep in mind I’m still an undergrad. But rn I’m really enjoying my linear algebra class and I’m also in a “foundations” class about like logic, proof techniques, etc that’s really cool
Man that awesome you're enjoying it all. I still get a little overwhelmed with the idea of maths and stats. Don't get me wrong, when I get it and can use it without too much help, I love it. Solving a problem with maths is super satisfying.

Man that awesome you're enjoying it all. I still get a little overwhelmed with the idea of maths and stats. Don't get me wrong, when I get it and can use it without too much help, I love it. Solving a problem with maths is super satisfying.
Lol i know that feeling very well. It can be really easy to get lost in the notation. I find that rewriting things out (in notation that is more intuitive to me) helps when compared to just reading from a textbook

Lol i know that feeling very well. It can be really easy to get lost in the notation. I find that rewriting things out (in notation that is more intuitive to me) helps when compared to just reading from a textbook
Absolutely, may sound mad but actually talking to yourself whilst you do it helps too. Like rationalise what you're doing and then the odd YouTube video never hurts too. There's a guy called Dr Todd Grande who is decent for more stats based things but he's been a real life saver haha.

Got some nutritional blood work done last week and got the results today

Everything normal except for vitamin d which was still ok but on the lower end of the range they gave. I can forgetful with the supplement i take for it, so i gotta stay on top of that

warm weather and the sun coming out probably will help too

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/weight-lifters’-brains-reveal-one-unexpected-side-effect-of-steroids.900677/

I posted this article in CEP&S, but I thought it might be of interest here.

edit: I don’t know why it won’t post as a link, sorry.

We saw something similar about it with trenbolone usage. It's weird because in some cases we've seen aas have neuroprotective properties or even promote neurogenesis and then you have situations like this.

Your boy is making big moves academically finally. Got a summer internship at a local hospital in the cardiopulmonary rehab center to get clinical hours for future med school applications as well as opportunities to shadow physicians and watch heart surgeries and procedures. Final year of undergrad is approaching and it's gonna be a lot of fun thanks to organic chemistry and physics lol. Hope everyone is doing well!